Forum › Close-up Yuri discussion

Fairypixie24
joined Apr 6, 2019

Haha, I was thinking exactly that. The thing with the eye colors (and speech balloon colors) is a dead giveaway that the author has read Swap⇔Swap and loved the body swap idea.

And just like Swap⇔Swap this manhua is just fun fluff with no pretension to weighty content whatsoever! I kept laughing at how the author glosses over every serious issue that could bog down the easy flow of the story.

If you want exhaustive explanations about how the body swap works...

... or how come everybody everywhere isn't using such a cool trick, since it's on the net and free for all to see...

... or how can Ruanruan be so carefree when such a big deal happens like her ex from 5 years ago turning up at her door with crazy demands...

... you're out of luck, it's just not this author's style.

They should be talking about it on all the tv shows: "Now trending: the game of swapping bodies, viralized across the social networks, has become incredibly popular and everyone is doing it!" Don't tell me Ruanruan is the only person in the world who read those instructions!?!?!?

Oh right...... it's just a manhua; I should really just relax.

LordMeganium
joined Dec 10, 2021

Hey, me. You are finally awake

joined Dec 13, 2020

Oh right...... it's just a manhua; I should really just relax.

WISDOM

Yaa%20898
joined Apr 24, 2022

Switching bodies with an ex gorlfriend so she can tank an arranged date for you, seems kind of rediculious over kill. It's like calling on the black arts to summon a spirit from the underworld, to help you do your taxes. Sure it'll get the job do but there are so many easier ways to handle it, why the hell would you.

I mean pretty sure she had other motives. Especially from the fact that she didn't think it would work and also because the ways to switch bodies seemed kinda gay ngl.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Swap Swap trouble edition

Haha, I was thinking exactly that. The thing with the eye colors (and speech balloon colors) is a dead giveaway that the author has read Swap⇔Swap and loved the body swap idea.

And just like Swap⇔Swap this manhua is just fun fluff with no pretension to weighty content whatsoever! I kept laughing at how the author glosses over every serious issue that could bog down the easy flow of the story.

Well with one exception, not being able to swap back if certain conditions aren't met is a pretty weighty gun to hang on the wall

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Well with one exception, not being able to swap back if certain conditions aren't met is a pretty weighty gun to hang on the wall

Didn't something like that happen in Swap<->Swap too? Like for a few chapters they weren't able to swap back and wondered if they would have to stay like that?
But it wasn't really angsty for them, lol, they just said "oh well we'll have to take responsibility for this" and agreed to live together & take care of each other forever. Not a bad ending imho...
(But of course later they did switch back again, mochiron dakara, haha.)

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Switching bodies with an ex gorlfriend so she can tank an arranged date for you, seems kind of rediculious over kill. It's like calling on the black arts to summon a spirit from the underworld, to help you do your taxes. Sure it'll get the job do but there are so many easier ways to handle it, why the hell would you.

I mean pretty sure she had other motives. Especially from the fact that she didn't think it would work and also because the ways to switch bodies seemed kinda gay ngl.

You have a point. Telling someone, if we massage each other's chest for ten minutes we'll switch bodies is definitely an orginal excuse to cop a feel. Maybe I should give it a try. Lol

Edit: Still having a same sex pair do a body swap seems kind of boring.

Edit2: Flat chested women are okay except it seems like it'd feel like feeling up a little girl.

last edited at May 26, 2022 6:05PM

joined Aug 10, 2018

A girl saves me and we become friends
She confesses to me and we start going out
Suddenly ditches me without any explanation or even a goodbye
Doesn't contact me for 5 years
Reappears just as suddenly one night at my apartment
No excuses, no explanation, just her asking me for help
I decide to undertake a possible irreversible procedure that could upheaval all of my life just to help her avoid a minor inconvenience

How screwed am I ?

last edited at May 26, 2022 6:40PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

A girl saves me and we become friends
She confesses to me and we start going out
Suddenly ditches me without any explanation or even a goodbye
Doesn't contact me for 5 years
Reappears just as suddenly one night at my apartment
No excuses, no explanation, just her asking me for help
I decide to undertake a possible irreversible procedure that could upheaval all of my life just to help her avoid a minor inconvenience

How screwed am I ?

It'll be fine! Yurigami-sama is watching and will protect you!

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Didn't something like that happen in Swap<->Swap too? Like for a few chapters they weren't able to swap back and wondered if they would have to stay like that?
But it wasn't really angsty for them, lol, they just said "oh well we'll have to take responsibility for this" and agreed to live together & take care of each other forever. Not a bad ending imho...
(But of course later they did switch back again, mochiron dakara, haha.)

Not quite, in Swap Swap they had a period were they couldnt swap. But they were in their own bodies, and they were pretty disheartened by it.

Here we are looking at getting stuck as each other while not being romantically involved

joined May 23, 2017

What an opening

'grab their chest and massage it for 10 min' HAHA WTH WHOEVER CREATED THIS LOVES BOOBIES AND DESPERATE TO GET AWAY WITH IT

last edited at May 28, 2022 6:29AM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Now I'm not saying 'Swap⇔Swap' would've been better had their method of switching bodies been like this one's, but...
In any case, this could be many things and go in many ways. I'm not too thrilled, to be honest, but I'll hop on for the ride, for the time being.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

That took forever,but now we finally get to see immediate chaos ensue.

Aw yeah.

joined May 10, 2021

That's a messy situation and a half. Nice.

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

I like the concept of this one should be really fun if we keep getting more.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I was thinking this even in the first chapter, but with people as incompetent and stupid-comedy-prone as these two, the condition where you're stuck if anyone detects you seems really dangerous.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

what the fuck is this lol

Screen%20shot%202024-03-24%20at%209.39.46%20am
joined May 8, 2017

that author's note just made me realise I didn't know who was saying what and I didn't care

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

I usually don’t read manhua, but so far I really like the pacing here and the character designs. They seem like normal actual women rather than gorgeous supermodels. Maybe I just keep stumbling on the wrong kind of manhua?

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I'm guessing the body swap will keep happening until Shiba explains why she left five years ago. Not sure why she tried to run away this time... Maybe because of the school girl that confessed to her while she was posing as Hamster?

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm guessing the body swap will keep happening until Shiba explains why she left five years ago. Not sure why she tried to run away this time... Maybe because of the school girl that confessed to her while she was posing as Hamster?

She seems like she is one to run away from difficulties. Unlucky for her that hamster just learned where she lives.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

She seems like she is one to run away from difficulties. Unlucky for her that hamster just learned where she lives.

Now I'm just confused, she's happy to have an excuse to see hamster again even though she was pulling the leave without a word stunt just a few hours prior... What the heck

D5aad09a-7f7c-4c16-aad1-2b0b94587149
joined Nov 13, 2022

A bouquet of roses, blindfolded spinning, a siscon… such antics!

joined May 10, 2021

What a mess. Love it!

Couple_under_the_stars
joined Nov 7, 2022

Kuroneko as the unexpected ally.

To reply you must either login or sign up.