Forum › Umbrellas discussion

Shoujo%20kageki%20revue%20starlight%20-%2009%20-%20large%2035
joined Apr 22, 2017

Lol what a plot. Would be nice to have a sequel

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

This was fun. What a shitty senpai tho. I totally thought it was an accident and he grabbed a random umbrella, but he knew who it belonged to the whole time. Coulda just sent an email or something as a heads up (but i know then we wouldn't have yuri lol)

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

Such an interesting situation

cookiecutter
Huh
joined Dec 16, 2020

Cute! This is really a "see the glass half-empty or half-full" situation. Ngl if it were me I would also react like glasses girl and assume someone was purposely messing with me rather than think they were hitting on me lmao

last edited at May 13, 2022 2:23PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

wow what an asshole that guy is, haha.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

ok that was fucking hilarious xD

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Cute! This is really a "see the glass half-empty or half-full" situation. Ngl if it were me I would also react like glasses girl and assume someone was purposely messing with me rather than think they were hitting on me lmao

I think one would need to have quite the imagination to think someone is hitting on them by stealing their umbrella, honestly XD

This was fun, loved it!
(What the hell was wrong with that dude though? Taking the umbrella without saying anything...)

Torako-okay4
joined Oct 17, 2017

Wall of text aside, a cute situation that I hope gets a sequel

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Umbrella

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

glasses girl was playing 4d chess

Roodypatooti
Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Lol
What an elaborate meet cute

last edited at May 13, 2022 4:10PM

joined Jun 11, 2016

glasses girl was playing 4d chess

she was the one being sane lol. Who on earth would ever think "stolen umbrella = being hit on" lol?

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

how convoluted but am I just dumb af or shouldn't there have been two identical umbrellas at the start if the senpai took one of them? or is the black haired woman arriving later and leaving earlier?

Also just stop putting the umbrella in there then!!!

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

Wait im still thinking about it...
The umbrella the senpai took was the black haired lady's one, so they were basically fighting over glasses' umbrella. But we never saw the two apparently identical umbrellas together even tho the senpai took the umbrella right after bumping into glasses AFTER she put her umbrella into the stand.

So.... who was umbrella?

last edited at May 13, 2022 5:09PM

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

i think you're right, the umbrellas actually have been swapped by the end. glasses puts her in and we clearly see it is the only white-handled one in there and then immediately after that the dude takes it. the next one we see is itsuki leaving and taking a white handled one, which she presumably put there on her arrival (off screen). it seems like the guy only knows itsuki, so presumably he took glasses' umbrella, thinking he recognised it as itsuki's, and at the end gives it to itsuki telling her it's hers.

anyway, it was a fun lil story

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I think that when the guy left, he took glasses girl umbrella, thinking it was itsuki's : it's the only one in the stand with a white handle, as we can see.

Itsuki comes later with her umbrella and on the second day glasses girl retrieves it, thinking it's hers that came back.

So, all along, it was Itsuki's umbrella. Except at the end, when glasses girl's umbrella comes back.

last edited at May 14, 2022 4:29AM

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

This was fun. What a shitty senpai tho. I totally thought it was an accident and he grabbed a random umbrella, but he knew who it belonged to the whole time. Coulda just sent an email or something as a heads up (but i know then we wouldn't have yuri lol)

Loaning someone's umbrella isn't that big a deal lol, especially since he knew the owner and fully intended to return it at the earliest opportunity. It's not like he didn't take care of it, it would've been a minor inconvenience at worst under normal circumstances.

Also, bringing about Yuri is worth any crime!

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

This is why you keep your items to yourself and use spares with your name on it so you can snag that stalker for dinner.

deltahalo241
Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Plot twist: That guy knew that there were two women with the same style umbrella at the company and this was all an elaborate ploy by him to get them to hook up

joined May 5, 2021

Some people say that taking someone else's umbrella in Japan is fair play but idk for sure though

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I thought wouldn't it funny if it turned out to be one womam suffering from multiple personalities.

last edited at May 13, 2022 11:40PM

Daremo from Parts Unknown
joined May 6, 2022

Where's the yuri? ^^;
I see a 100% hetero brunette and a blonde whose sex preference is unknown, I don't detect even a spark of sexual attraction tween them

I saw the yuri tag and also it's by SJ so I assumed it had to be yuri, but now I'm mystified

LostCassilda
Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

For everyone calling the girl weird for thinking stealing your umbrella means you're getting hit on: you're right. She was just really blinded by her want for a boytoy.

But a coworker is fine too.

BoobTwinkler
Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Loaning no, but lol there's difference between borrowing something for a day or so when you know other person won't need it and borrowing it for a whole week on top of knowing owner will need it the same day (and most likely rest of the week) as well, cos that's the exact reason you're borrowing it, not to mention not even saying anything. You can borrow something without asking when you're in hurry and know other person won't mind, but when it's something they'll most likely use everyday and not letting them know for a week you have it is stretching it a bit, don't you think? If she wouldn't find it, maybe she'd contact him and asked if he has it and wouldn't mind finding different umbrella, but as presented in story he did come off as a bit of a ass.

He was panicking out the door on an important business trip, it's likely he just didn't realize in the moment that he wouldn't be able to return it for a while. She could just get another umbrella lol, if the expense is an issue then he can just pay her back for it when he comes back. He seems far more innocent-minded than malicious or uncaring. It's really not that big a deal, judging someone an asshole over something so slight is a bit of an overreaction imo.

Where's the yuri? ^^;
I see a 100% hetero brunette and a blonde whose sex preference is unknown, I don't detect even a spark of sexual attraction tween them
I saw the yuri tag and also it's by SJ so I assumed it had to be yuri, but now I'm mystified

Bisexual women exist. In fact, some even speculate they're more common than lesbians.

After the misunderstanding is resolved and glasses knows the brunette thought she was being courted, she askes her to have dinner together. There's definitely an implication there that she's asking for a date given the context, and both women should be perfectly aware of it when they make/accept the offer.

So... implied yuri? I guess?

last edited at May 14, 2022 2:13AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Ah... of course.

I was initially surprised at their willingness to get dinner, but thinking it through, sure, why not go out for dinner? It'd probably be interesting.

To reply you must either login or sign up.