Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

Ss%20(2015-04-13%20at%2009.21.14)
joined May 4, 2015

I can't take this series anymore. Why the sudden shift in tone and seemingly pointless redirection of the story upon the introduction of Shiho? Sigh...

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

I took my sweet time reading this story after I finished the many other on my list, and I liked it A LOT, and then decided to read the entire conversation to see what people liked and what not about this I enjoyed so much, probably one of the worst decision I've made, and trust me, I made lots of these. From the nazi topic, the "demi-" topic, the music topic and to the many psichological test people made on Shiho-san to hate or love her more, just to conclude she's a bitch, lol. I don't regret it, it took me a week to read all of these, so thank you all for the interesting reading material-
Also, I find funny how many times some of you changed some of the characters names (I thought it was on purpose at first)
Himari's names: Hima, Hina, Hino, Himawari, Hime
Shiho's: Shion, Shinon
Finally, I think this comment summarises pretty much most of the negative comments in this section:

Reading a story is about being a moral inquisitor in a hypothetical court of virtue where you compare the behavior of fictional characters to the ultimate ideal behavior, as defined by you, then praise them or (more likely) blame them for falling short of your standards.

So off with all their heads!

Sorry for the long text, I missed the entire conversation. Also, put me in the "stil enjoying this manga" list!

joined Feb 11, 2022

Meanwhile, in Japan its popularity continues to grow. It is currently the best-selling manga of the entire magazine.

last edited at Apr 23, 2022 7:29PM

OmegaBlue0231
joined Jan 11, 2018

Meanwhile, in Japan its popularity continues to grow. It is currently the best-selling manga of the entire magazine.

Japan also constantly votes Bakugo as the best MHA character, there's no accounting for tastes.

Screenshot%202022-05-05%20at%2020.52.05%20copy
joined Sep 23, 2021

awww shiho, i see you, you useless self-destructive lesbian, you

The YuriWitch
Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Yes, Shiho...you are stupid. I agree. And I also hope you can get past this.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Japan also constantly votes Bakugo as the best MHA character, there's no accounting for tastes.

Just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

If there was still someone left with any doubt, this should have made it quite clear.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

The corollary for that is just because a lot of people like something it doesn't mean it's good.

joined Jun 3, 2020

The corollary for that is just because a lot of people like something it doesn't mean it's good.

True, true. So can we all just agree to like the things we like and leave those who don't like it alone?

joined Mar 24, 2021

They need to fuck and make up or make up and fuck. Either sequence is fine really.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

They really need to stop posting these vital plot points in extras only.... I mean, it's the entire band in swimsuit + the two most awesome friends!!

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

True, true. So can we all just agree to like the things we like and leave those who don't like it alone?

You mean be mature on the internet? If only it were so....

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

"Umi da!"... hypothetically, on the back cover. How unfortunate.

joined May 16, 2016

I love Shiho as antagonist and I wish she got what she deserves... Just because you fucked up didn't make you can fuck other happiness

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

Saw that coming, this manga fell off.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Maybe the real whispered love song was the friends we made

PD it seems like the big reveal is gonna be shiho being in love with mizuguchi wich i don't know if is a good thing or a Bad thing

joined Sep 11, 2019

Shihooooooooooooooooooo.
Why are you so damn salty?
I kinda get why but.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

If she had allowed herself to fall in love with Aki, she would've lost her chance to leave her band and look for a better one.

joined Jul 15, 2018

I may be missing something here but I don't get the whole Shiho hate. She runs her mouth, leaves the band, and gets MC to work for her new band to upset Yori. Hmm, hardly major sins in my opinion. People do so much worse in real life.
Especially the manager thing. I mean, why couldn't Yori and MC simply say no? They're such pushovers.
I like this manga mostly for the art anyways and I really wanna see Shiho date Akki. They would look fantastic together.

BeanBeanKingdom
Ms_icon
joined Nov 3, 2018

^Himari accepted the manager role because she felt responsible for things going south with her attempt to make the bands reconcile and she still wanted to accomplish that goal which meant trying to understand Shiho better. Yori didn't want her to do that due to jealousy but she was conflicted because she knew she should allow her to do what she thinks is best.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Holding back on voicing your opinion is not mature. If anything, being mature would entail that you can handle people who disagree with you.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Holding back on voicing your opinion is not mature. If anything, being mature would entail that you can handle people who disagree with you.

It depends on your opinion and who you're saying it to. Telling someone their clothes don't fit right when they're trying stuff on at a store is fine. Telling a bride her dress doesn't fit right is really shitty. It's not a one size fits all thing, sometimes the more mature thing is to not engage. This doesn't apply to this thread since I think the majority here is critical, but if there was a thread somewhere where 99% of people wanted to gush about something they like, then jumping in and shitting on it is not mature, it's making voicing your own opinion more important than how everyone else feels.

So, no, I don't agree with that.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

It depends on your opinion and who you're saying it to. Telling someone their clothes don't fit right when they're trying stuff on at a store is fine. Telling a bride her dress doesn't fit right is really shitty. It's not a one size fits all thing, sometimes the more mature thing is to not engage. This doesn't apply to this thread since I think the majority here is critical, but if there was a thread somewhere where 99% of people wanted to gush about something they like, then jumping in and shitting on it is not mature, it's making voicing your own opinion more important than how everyone else feels.

So, no, I don't agree with that.

That's cool. People aren't gonna agree about everything. Being able to deal with that without getting your pants in a bunch is the mature thing to do. Even more so when it comes to taste, since everyone is entitled to their taste anyway. But again, it's okay that you don't agree.

last edited at May 6, 2022 12:57PM

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

Why is this volume so short? It makes me think the next one is the final one, which would suck if it's true

To reply you must either login or sign up.