Forum › Miss Sunflower discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Matsuri isn't a part-timer, she just lives there.

Her smile from starting at the café easily rivals Maika's and Natsuki's... :D

And Matsuri got the praise she'd wanted. ^_^

joined May 1, 2015

If I were to use polymerization and combine current Miss Sunflower and Matsuri, you would get OG Miss Sunflower.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Matsuri smiling bright as the sun made my day, and Miss Sunflower's too I'm sure.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Matsuri smiling bright as the sun made my day, and Miss Sunflower's too I'm sure.

I quite honestly expected her to compare Matsuri to the previous Himawari-san at that moment. If not out loud, then at least in her thoughts.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I quite honestly expected her to compare Matsuri to the previous Himawari-san at that moment. If not out loud, then at least in her thoughts.

Isn't that basically what she does?

The shot of Miss Sunflower Mk.1 in the first panel of the second tier on p.26 is a matching shot with the top panel of Matsuri on p. 27, and our Miss S.'s reaction shot is her realizing the connection.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch66#22

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/miss_sunflower_ch66#23

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The shot of Miss Sunflower Mk.1 in the first panel of the second tier on p.26 is a matching shot with the top panel of Matsuri on p. 27, and our Miss S.'s reaction shot is her realizing the connection.

Quite possibly, or I likely would not have immediately made the connection. But it's hard to be absolutely sure without actually seeing her thoughts.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Quite possibly, or I likely would not have immediately made the connection. But it's hard to be absolutely sure without actually seeing her thoughts.

True, but one of the repeated motifs about our Miss Sunflower is people saying, "I didn't know she could make that expression." What exactly is making her make that expression in the reaction shot?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

True, but one of the repeated motifs about our Miss Sunflower is people saying, "I didn't know she could make that expression." What exactly is making her make that expression in the reaction shot?

True enough. And it's not like I've really disagreed from the start - after all, we started this whole line of discussion with me assuming exactly that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

True enough. And it's not like I've really disagreed from the start - after all, we started this whole line of discussion with me assuming exactly that.

Granting that we're both right, this is maybe the most important emotional development we've seen in this series--and it's always been Miss Sunflower's move to make.

I mean, Matsuri has had a lot of growing up to do throughout the series, but in terms of her affection for Miss Sunflower she's never wavered one bit.

Miss Sunflower has only had the single romantic attraction in her life, and several people have told her that in fact she had an inaccurate, or at least incomplete, notion of what the first Miss Sunflower was actually like. For her to switch from "I have to become more like Miss Sunflower" to "I have someone with me who is like Miss Sunflower" is a huge deal.

For such a ball of fluff as this series has been it has an amazing amount of depth and subtlety.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow they look good as maids :)
Matsuri needs white stockings though.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Miss Sunflower has only had the single romantic attraction in her life,

Himawari-san wasn't romantically attracted to the OG Himawari. Her brother and Yuu-san were totally into her, but for Himawari-san, the OG Himawari was a motherly figure. This is gonna be covered in volume 12 so I'm not gonna elaborate on it. Don't wanna spoil the whole thing.

last edited at May 3, 2022 1:36PM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Miss Sunflower has only had the single romantic attraction in her life,

Himawari-san wasn't romantically attracted to the OG Himawari. Her brother and Yuu-san were totally into her, but for Himawari-san, the OG Himawari was a motherly figure. This is gonna be covered in volume 12 so I'm not gonna elaborate on it. Don't wanna spoil the whole thing.

OK, point taken—we don’t really know what romantic attraction looks like for our Miss Sunflower. But it’s safe to say that she loved her, and her feelings for Miss Sunflower Light are increasingly being connected in Miss Sunflower Dark’s mind to Matsuri.

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Come to the Dark Side of Sunflower, Matsuri."

Lilisionnach
Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Oooh braid-style Miss Sunflower is nice! Nice chapter about perceived expectations of people based on initial assumptions.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Okay, this panel really made me laugh. It's just such a goofy image I love it.

Img_20201022_045044
joined Oct 24, 2018

^Ikr?
Didn't know I need to see Miyako driving a car like that until now

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Random question, was that really a Jeep in the orginal work, or was that something the translator put in. And a follow up question, if that really is a Jeep, does the author a get product placement deal for it? I mean, I can't see a lot yuri otaku running out and buying Jeeps.

Edit: Maybe Jeep could put out a special limited Miss Sunflower addition, then the otaku would be tripping over themselves to get one.

last edited at May 5, 2022 6:00PM

joined May 1, 2015

I can picture Miyako pulling her seat all the way up when she drives.
Practically coming out of the windshield.

joined May 23, 2021

Okay, this panel really made me laugh. It's just such a goofy image I love it.

... that was the punchline?!

last edited at May 5, 2022 8:32PM

joined Mar 24, 2021

Random question, was that really a Jeep in the orginal work, or was that something the translator put in. And a follow up question, if that really is a Jeep, does the author a get product placement deal for it? I mean, I can't see a lot yuri otaku running out and buying Jeeps.

Edit: Maybe Jeep could put out a special limited Miss Sunflower addition, then the otaku would be tripping over themselves to get one.

It’s clearly a Joop not a Jeep. Jokes aside don’t think it counts as product placement due to the logo not being clearly drawn. If you look back none of the logos technically say Jeep or are the Jeep logo. Pretty sure it’s a WcDonalds situation.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Cute little thing in a big Jeep.

I mean, there's no need to put anything in when the car is unmistakably a Jeep even without a logo.

It’s clearly a Joop not a Jeep. Jokes aside don’t think it counts as product placement due to the logo not being clearly drawn. If you look back none of the logos technically say Jeep or are the Jeep logo. Pretty sure it’s a WcDonalds situation.

Interestingly, manga often seems to use actual trademarks instead of the WcDonalds and such more common in the anime adaptations.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The car kinda looks too small relative to the people standing around, I'd say ...

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

So what you're saying is, it's similar to, but legally distinct from a Jeep brand vehicle. :)

Edit: I still want my special limited Miss Sunflower addition Jeep Grand Cherokee, though.

last edited at May 6, 2022 11:17PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Edit: I still want my special limited Miss Sunflower addition Jeep Grand Cherokee, though.

This is a Jeep Wrangler, though. :P

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

aaaaa that ending was too precious.

I'm curious what Matsuri's goals are for the future, I know they'll involve Miss Sunflower in some way, but I feel like we're going to get a little twist on the obvious.

To reply you must either login or sign up.