Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

This is the only Yuri that is so funny that I am embarrassment. Thank you for picking it up and uploading it.

joined May 9, 2016

Speaking of the genre's history, while "Beautiful and Innocent" is a good source of general information on that topic, it doesn't go into much detail about esu and nuances of Nobuko Yoshiya's writing style and career. For this reason, I highly recommend Michiko Suzuki's "Becoming Modern Women: Love and female identity in prewar Japanese literature and culture". More specifically, it has a chapter dedicated to "Two Virgins in the Attic".

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 3:29PM

Img_20190914_203449_543
joined Apr 14, 2020

WHOAT THE HECK,, DIDN'T EXPECT NEW CHAPTER WILL BE HERE IN 2022 T-t

Yuriprofilepiccropped
joined May 27, 2019

I never realized that Namori was a jellyfish this whole time lol

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Oh, I almost forget this! I remember I really like the art style back then. The story is good, it’s even better than some of popular yuri in my opinion... :) it just come in wrong time when yuri’s still something...purely, and no man allowed. But now is 2022, hoping more people will accept it as long as it’s not yuri bait. I need more genre in yuri!

And yes, somewhat I find it funny when the MC do thing like stalking yuri couple and some people call it creepy when a girl doing the same thing people call it cute.

The problem is not that the manga has men, the problem is that it ran in a yuri magazine and did not feature any yuri.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

They are just Jojos talking about yuri, lol
Nice summary there

Screenshot_1644496801
joined May 20, 2018

The problem is not that the manga has men, the problem is that it ran in a yuri magazine and did not feature any yuri.

Actually what I want to talk about is in the comment section though. I just read 5 chapter here and I saw yuri so I don’t even think that it didn’t feature any yuri. But if it was like you said, then it would be indeed a damn problem.

Yeah I just go read the raw, I agree it should add more yuri to be run in a yuri magazine! :)

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

This is back? Someone actually picked this up?

Wow, I thought I'd never see the day

joined Sep 19, 2015

Those credits were amazing. Thank you for going above and beyond for us, I think the author would be proud of you.

joined Oct 16, 2016

Honestly this feels like the biggest betrayal to yuri genre which puts Kuzushiro lame girl who likes cute girls falls for main boy past manga to shame.
This title till it got axed end has ZERO actual girl x girl romance in it, and for that a person adds to it a yuri tag...
Maybe use a new "yuri joke" or "wishfull thinking" tag.
I know it's a lame joke manga which main purpose is to laugh from yuri fanboys but for it to have yuri tag which means girl x girl romance it should have such content in it to be present which we all know it has none, even in later part the so called girl the main boy ships in his delusion falls for him instead romantically.
It's just bad to cheat the readers who are baited with yuri tag here where the person who sets tag fully knows it doesn't have such content in it.

Guardian of the Lilies
Img_0004
joined Mar 15, 2016

Eyoo, I forgot about this manga

joined May 23, 2017

Yay it's back

ThatAlpacagon
Reduceimagesize.net_60kb_896
joined Jul 12, 2020

Oh i remember this series. It's a fun read from another perspective. Maybe need new tag for this kind of manga like Hime-danshi for yuri fanboy and Yuriko for yuri fangirl since some readers might not expecting to see the main character observing yuri but have no desire to be in the yuri itself not prefer a third party just indulging in a yuri pair

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 8:23PM

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

A Yuri Danshi update in 2022... what the heck

Edit: Honestly back in 2015 things related to yuri VERY rarely ran outside Yuri Hime, so it's understandable that it ran in Yuri Hime. Nowadays yuri and yuri fandom gags are more well-known, so non-yuri magazines would be more receptive. See: Bloom Into You ran in Dengeki Daioh , which, while having more of a "moe" bent, is a shounen magazine.

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 7:23PM

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Ish. (tugging at my collar) 10 pages in I remember why I was skipping this story. It is just too on the the nose for me.

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 9:35PM

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

Thanks for the credit pages!
I always found it strange that there are so many Christian schools in manga/anime when the Japanese aren't Christian. The same goes for the sister-system, which I always found weird. Or that in older manga almost always a girl ran away to study or just because and like nothing comes back (I hate those parts...) But thanks to these sites a lot of those "weird" tropes aren't weird anymore, because they have a historical background =o)
PS: Lady Snowblood (a "big source of inspiration" for "Kill Bill") also has some Yuri in it every now and then and that's also quite an old manga (197x), but also a good manga ;o)

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

You know, I think any manga where all they do is talk about yuri deserves a Yuri tag.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

I'm so glad I'm not the only person who feels the yuri danshi pain...

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

That love-suicide is sad.

And I believe them, Namori is a jellyfish. Lol

joined Jun 11, 2016

wow someone picked this up again...?

Thank you so much Sappho Scans! I thought this series was as good as dead.

Edit: "All road leads to Yuri" that's so profound omg

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 11:08PM

joined Aug 21, 2017

Very informative translator notes!

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Holy fuck pre-WW2 Japan was hell for women

@Malibu same

Oh i remember this series. It's a fun read from another perspective. Maybe need new tag for this kind of manga like Hime-danshi for yuri fanboy and Yuriko for yuri fangirl since some readers might not expecting to see the main character observing yuri but have no desire to be in the yuri itself not prefer a third party just indulging in a yuri pair

The female form of Himedanshi would be Yurijoshi. Also, I thought Yuriko was only used here in Brazil. lol

last edited at Apr 10, 2022 2:04AM

145537335_456474152428619_7273272408325150170_n
joined Mar 13, 2020

Honestly this feels like the biggest betrayal to yuri genre which puts Kuzushiro lame girl who likes cute girls falls for main boy past manga to shame.
This title till it got axed end has ZERO actual girl x girl romance in it, and for that a person adds to it a yuri tag...
Maybe use a new "yuri joke" or "wishfull thinking" tag.
I know it's a lame joke manga which main purpose is to laugh from yuri fanboys but for it to have yuri tag which means girl x girl romance it should have such content in it to be present which we all know it has none, even in later part the so called girl the main boy ships in his delusion falls for him instead romantically.
It's just bad to cheat the readers who are baited with yuri tag here where the person who sets tag fully knows it doesn't have such content in it.

Thank you so much for saving my time

20220617_152146
joined Apr 2, 2020

Is this us

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

Welcome back Hanadera-kun you Yuri loving lunatic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.