Forum › Yuri Danshi discussion

joined Nov 6, 2021

yknow this whole series would make a lot more sense and be a lot more satisfying if the mc came out as a trans woman by the end. craving girl talk, not understanding why you want to take some sort of part in the lesbian community, it all seems very trans to me. but idk maybe i'm talking out of my ass.

Lemme put it this way: I related so hard to Hanadera that I cried while reading this series.

also, i don't really enjoy the whole "yuri is sacred and holy" thing to begin with. it causes the opposite problem that yaoi does. yaoi makes gay men out to be these overly sexual predators, while yuri makes love between women out to be this pure and angelic force that involves nothing more sexual than a peck on the lips. i'm a bisexual person who is widely perceived by society as a whole to be a woman, and it just makes me feel kinda disgusted when yuri is pure and good all the time. it's why all the cute fluffy girls in high school stuff seems so weird and pandering to dudes for me. but i'm just rambling

It’s ideality syndrome. When one sublimates desires like this, such that they get realized only vicariously, it becomes an ideal that gets progressively refined and harder to live up to.

To reply you must either login or sign up.