Salad Bowl discussion 29 Mar 17:21
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

still waiting and hoping for more....

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

to all bird-watchers/lovers:
there's a great bird manga that unfortunately hasn't been translated yet...
it's called "toripan" / とりぱん (already 32. vol. available)
it would be great if someone would translate it, otherwise i might have to translate it with the help of deepL / google... but a real translation would be 1000 times better!!!

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

hopefully this time it will be translated further than just up to chapter 14 (mangadex)...

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

there would be a french translation up to ch. 16 on mangadex.
maybe they would share the raws? ;o)

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

before they get to the market, benika smells something. it's hard to tell if it's really coming from the market or from the refugees' fire. somehow it looks to me like it's coming from the fire. but in reality, burning meat doesn't smell like BBQ... so it's hard to tell what was being burned.
i don't think piled up skulls have to mean something bad per se. in some countries, there are bone houses where skulls and bones are piled up to the roof. and that's not a sign of poverty or anything. it's usually the case when you don't have enough space in the cemetery, e.g. in a mountain village or something like that. and since the refugees don't have much space anyway, they don't "waste" it with (big) cemeteries. that's also a reason why i think that part of the fuel will be human remains, and not just in the "prison" from the vigilante force....
and the skulls are housed here in something like bone houses, which are simply open (building materials are rare?), and they might even have written down the names, which is not done in every bone house. on the contrary, you see it rather rarely, because in a bone house there are usually so many bones that the space on the walls is not enough to write down the names, usually the names are somewhere in the church books. all in all, the piled up skulls don't have to be an malicious sign. the same goes for the possibility that they use human remains as fuel. it can all just be a sign of how bad the refugees' circumstances are...

If anything, it looked more like a snake to me.

i agree. a lightning bolt is rather not drawn like this.

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

it's a very beautifully written story, no wonder it won an award!
but i don't understand why Xiaorong didn't ask Kewei's parents about the comic... she didn't have to ask right away, but at least at some point... the comic probably wasn't finished but Kewei surely started it...
ps: maybe i'm a nitpicker, but isn't a masquerade more like a costume party, preferably with masks, instead of just a dance-ball with nice clothes?

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022
3weeks

it would be nice, if someone would translate all the text on the picture ;o)

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

I like it so far =o)
somehow the artwork reminds me a bit of "gunbured x sisters".
the princess here and the nun in "gunbured x sisters" have similar eyes. but also other things from the artwork remind me a bit of "gunbured x sisters". the nice thing is that the figures here don't have such overdone bust sizes, like in "gunbured x sisters" =o)

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022
Mrmk_z-1610410270215512064-img1

nice picture!
every time i see a human with a muzzle, it reminds me of "on a leash" =o)
by the way, in case someone didn't know it yet: "on a leash" is running again since Dec. 2021 ;o)
official english release:
https://comics.inkr.com/title/899-on-a-leash

Fido667
Cross Fire discussion 27 Dec 10:38
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

i liked it and wanted to see more of this artist, but there are some errors on the credit-page...
the twitter- and also the deviantart-username have a small but important error... (pixiv is correct)
it's both times "god8456" [not "god8546"] ;o)

Fido667
Citrus + discussion 21 Dec 16:57
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

to be honest, i even like that this is only a draft. so the chapter has at least something interesting, since there wasn't much of (story) development.
and it's also better this way than to much stress, which could then lead to health problems and even hiatus.
anyway, i like it when you once in a while see sketches, or the artist's workflow ;o)

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

i think, she lives in the same apartment as the couple. but the building got renovated. on page 1 you see the old building with the antennas, etc. and on page 7 it's a veeery identical building, but it looks newer as the other. and i don't think the artist was just lazy to draw another building. if the building wasn't significant, they could just let it be and drew something else in the panel. maybe the building got even a new room plan, so that the apartment itself is bigger/smaller, and she doesn't recognize the building because of the many chances. or the dream is just not enough detailed, to realize that it's the same building just before the renovation.
i even have the feeling, that it could be possible, that she sleeps in the same room, where the other girl committed suicide...

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

i didn't know that will smith's daughter makes such good music today, but now i know =o)
but to be honest, this is not really the music for "when you just want to smash something up". it's to less "in the face". when i read this sentence, "otep" immediately popped into my head. this is rather the music for such a moment, at least in my opinion ;o)

otep - warhead
https://youtu.be/VXRM2PoHGDw

otep - equal rights equal lefts
https://youtu.be/929886X4QnM
takes a bit of time to get to the "smash" part (refrain)

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

by the way, if anyone is interested:
it will be released in german this month ;o) but with the title "smalltown girls"... [und nein, das ist nicht übersetzt, heisst echt "smalltown girls"...]

and in case anyone is still confused about the bullying: the bullys spray perfume/dedorant into the stall (quick google search: "8x4" is actually a deodorant). some perfumes/deodorants have ingredients that some people are sensitive/allergic to, which can lead to more or less severe coughing. chayama's severe coughing caused her to get too little oxygen, which led to dizziness.

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022
R7m8y287l7v91

thanks to this picture i was reminded of "SHWD". and then i just saw that this month even the english translation of vol. 01 of the serialization was released =oD
https://dynasty-scans.com/series/shwd_special_hazardous_waste_disposal
i recommend it for all who like muscular women, but also for all who like badass women ;o)

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

i like this series from the beginning, because i like the art, but i'm also a sucker of technology and science, and architecture is a nice combination of both. i always love the double pages with the "constructionplan". and now the master architect is even a woman, which makes it even better =o) i always love it when you see women in "men's" jobs ;o)

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

what an anticlimactic 100th chapter.... after koguma realized her feelings, i hoped something interesting would happen, but nope... then i realized we have almost 100 chapters and i hoped we would get something interesting for the 100th chapter.... but again, nope... instead we got such a weird chapter....
in ch. 97 was the sleepover and in ch. 98 they were at school, but Hina came from home.... i know this manga has a lot of time jumps, but ch. 99 and 100 are kind of weird. so maybe it's all a dream from the sleepover. at least i hope ch. 100 is a dream, because it really doesn't fit the manga... =o(

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

WTF raclette on top of salad?!
as knight heron writes in the credit page (i love how you often explain things from the chapter!), usually the raclette goes on top of potatoes or bread. but some people put other things in the cheese, like bacon or peppers. most of the time you eat raclette with others by putting the "raclette-öfeli" (a special "oven" that almost every swiss family has) on the table and everyone has their own little square pan that is the same size as the pre-cut cheese squares, which are 6-7mm thick. and with this pan you melt your complete slice of raclette, and then you put the melted raclette on (or next to) the potatoes or bread. the version with the halfed cheese wheel is usually eaten only at "chilbiis", and usually with a slice of bread underneath. (chilbis = fairs with market stalls, food stalls and rides). you can also make it at home, but you need another oven for it. or you have an open fire, then you can put the cheese wheel near the fire and melt the cut surface this way ;o) and you also need a lot of appetite to eat half a cheese wheel ;o) the square raclette is sold in different quantities, which is another advantage.

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

at first I thought that the wheelchair-girl was just in the hospital for a very long time and missed a lot of school (because of the writing and the mistakes), but it could also be that she got brain damage from the accident, or went into a coma and therefore had to relearn everything.
I wonder if the accident was recent or not.
If it was recent, maybe both of them can recover together, because the wheelchair-girl would need less and less help, and the other girl could slowly get used to the situation.
but the whole story could also turn out to be something like "stephen kings misery" where the caregiver sabotages the recovery....

by the way, if you want to help someone in a wheelchair, you should ask first! people tend to help without asking, but many wheelchair users don't like that.

Fido667
Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

I like this manga with each chapter more =o)
thanks a lot for the translation!
but I've a question: in ch. 5, in page 12,
isn't the order of the list incorrect? not nude peoples are the hardest to draw, it's people in clothes that are the hardest to draw, because wrinkles are not easy to draw (depending on accuracy). at least that's my impression when I try to draw people ;o) and the teacher sounds somewhat similar in this chapter. but at the same time she tells him that he's doing it in the wrong order.... so maybe it's still right?

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

I mean, I like all these songs, but it's just surreal to read a story where they're acting like this music unique, edgy, and mature, when here it's the most overplayed shit I've been hearing in stores, in movies, and on the radio my whole life.

Japan has never felt so foreign.

when i was in school, i was also one of very few girls in our city who liked rock, metal, punk, etc. the other girls mainly listened britney spears and other pop stuff. they might have heard one or another rock song, but not many girls dared to say out loud that they really liked this kind of music. even "p!nk" was too much rock for most girls...
today a little bit more girls listen to rock, but if you watch concert videos of rock concerts, the audience is still mostly male.

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

big thanks to the scanlation-group!
every time i visited the pixiv of agu, i hopped somebody woukd pick it up ;o)

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

Should I be worried that we have had 3 different scanlators for just 4 chapters?

and chapter 4 is missing...

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

wasn't there already a recipe with fish cake that replaced the bread?! I could swear there was one... or was there another manga on dynasty with recipes that I've got forgot?

Export202201160511213540
joined Jan 10, 2022

In Chapter 1, Matoi and her friends see the sister making out with “a second year” (with a gold pin that indicates that, I guess), suggesting he’s older than her.

isn't the guy a 2. year high schooler, instead of a middle schooler? he got the same uniform like the guy who confessed to matoi ;o) and because matoi's sister has another uniform, i think the boys would have another too. if so, then matoi's sister could be a 3. year middle schooler by now.

and about working adult: not every body goes to college ;o)
guys with custom jobs on the bike are (in mangas) often deliquents, maybe he wasn't at college.
the "compulsory school attendance" is 9 years in japan, he could even dropped of after middle school and started working. But he wouldn't ride a big motorcycle after middle school, so he has to be at least 18 to ride this bike.
but maybe they wouln't call somebody working adult, if he isnt't a "proper" adult (20+)... but he could be still younger than others think.

last edited at Apr 12, 2022 5:45PM