Forum › A Room For Two discussion

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Sakurako being too devoted contrasted by Hinako's neglect

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

It wouldn't take an explicit sex scene to indicate that K&S sometimes have sex, if maybe not as much as S would like. Or that S had resigned herself to worshipping and serving the asexual Kasumi. Some words would do; they could even be thought bubble words, the manga uses those. But the mangaka has chosen not to insert such clarity, and so we're left wondering, and worrying if there's some unresolved tension to the relationship -- yes, they're definitely in some sort of relationship, and S has used words like "my girlfriend and pet" without getting smacked, but no, it's not clear that she won't snap from frustrated lust some day.

In the original oneshot you Will find one of the most explecit parts of this series... Sakurako comments on Kasumis bust size

Given that the author decided to Not repeat that scene in the serial version its probably a fair assumption that we Arent gonna get anything... Well in the Other hand we see Sakurako squashing herself between kasumis legs 100 times and the first time she gets drunk she imediatly tries to make out with her, i might have contradicted myself

joined Dec 3, 2018

We've been over this, and in finer detail, too. Think you can stop now. Wishing you the best in 2022, cheers.

Yeah, yeah. I say shit you personally disagree with and you throw a hissy fit and call it "trolling" for expressing my displeasure in the way to story has unfolded. That's it pretty summed up. I mean, you label it "bile" simply because I point out that it has little yuri in it, not like Im personally attacking other users or try to psychoanalize their personality over a few short post about comics of gay girls. Besides Im not the people who brought up labels again, Im not the one pushing for the same discussion over and over again. I come back every two months and see that it just the same shit every day and when I reply to one or two posts you all the sudden got a problem with my "trolling". Im not breaking rules by not liking a series or story elements, grow up.

last edited at Jan 9, 2022 7:50PM

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

I generally tend to avoid reading something but you do you. I feel like it's the same damn conversation everytime a chapter is posted, about how it's not yuri and they aren't a couple, even tho the matter has been explain over and over everytime.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Coming back every couple months to a manga you don't like just to point out you still don't like it sounds like trolling to me.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

LOL. Sakurako gets drunk and says she wants Kasumi to sit on her face--if that's not Yuri, I don't know what is.

(I've been reading a number of collections of one-shots and brief series by people like Kawai Roh, and A Room For Two has exponentially more yuri content of some things that got the Yuri tag up front.)

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Gridman posted:

We've been over this, and in finer detail, too. Think you can stop now. Wishing you the best in 2022, cheers.

Yeah, yeah. I say shit you personally disagree with and you throw a hissy fit and call it "trolling" for expressing my displeasure in the way to story has unfolded. That's it pretty summed up. I mean, you label it "bile" simply because I point out that it has little yuri in it, not like Im personally attacking other users or try to psychoanalize their personality over a few short post about comics of gay girls. Besides Im not the people who brought up labels again, Im not the one pushing for the same discussion over and over again. I come back every two months and see that it just the same shit every day and when I reply to one or two posts you all the sudden got a problem with my "trolling". Im not breaking rules by not liking a series or story elements, grow up.

Your internalization of our encounters as boiling down to some personal disagreement is rather unfortunate. As are the variety of claims you've thrown my way without offering any proof. I explained as proficiently as I am able why your posts fall under my definition of trolling, and thus violate the rules. I expected you to change your behaviour, and you have not. You've been removed from the forums for consistent violation of rule 1. Take care.

X2(edited)2
joined Jan 2, 2022

Coming back every couple months to a manga you don't like just to point out you still don't like it sounds like trolling to me.

Depends on the manga. I think that's half the audience for Kanokari. That's obviously a very different manga and very different audience to this, so I agree there is no point doing it here.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Given that the author decided to Not repeat that scene in the serial version its probably a fair assumption that we Arent gonna get anything... Well in the Other hand we see Sakurako squashing herself between kasumis legs 100 times and the first time she gets drunk she imediatly tries to make out with her, i might have contradicted myself

They've definitely become very casually physical, in ways beyond sleeping in the same bed. Not too long ago I noted a couple of events: first S being surprised when K suggested they keep living together after high school (indicating that it had not been A Relationship, where you'd expect to keep living together), and a bit later K 'recharging' by resting her head in S's lap, wearing nothing but panties, and making puppy eyes every time something threatened to separate them (even cooking!) And in college (or a bit after?) S said things like "you're like my best friend, girlfriend, and pet".

But even so, it's not clear that S is getting any sex out of the situation, which she almost certainly would like.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Though I completely agree that there is no point in simply coming to a comments section to hate on a work, I believe it is not altogether as absurd to keep reading something you dislike. To analyze and take apart what doesnt work and why you cannot bring yourself to like it is essential in dealing with media. Of course just repeating the same critcism every chapter lacks value... even moreso if what you say has been objectively refuted.

I believe there are things we can avoid outright (for example, I do not come to Dynasty to read all the Het works that keep popping up for some reason), but there are also things that may be more inside our comfort zones, yet fail to connect properly.

A Room For Two has a lot of aspects that can be frustrating, but there is also very little like it out there, so I'm not surprised that people with less favorable impressions keep coming back to see how it changes, even with its deliberately slow pace (note: Not slow in terms of time moving. Just how has it already been 7 years for them?!).

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 3:23AM

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

A Room For Two has a lot of aspects that can be frustrating, but there is also very little like it out there, so I'm not surprised that people with less favorable impressions keep coming back to see how it changes, even with its deliberately slow pace (note: Not slow in terms of time moving. Just how has it already been 7 years for them?!).

And there are some conspicuously bad series that can be pretty much of a hoot to discuss--articulating why something doesn't work can be more enlightening (and fun) than praising excellence.

It can be more problematic when there are some elements in a series that work well, or used to work, and others that don't, especially when some readers are fine with the things that don't seem to work.

But there's something so basic that it's where I first learned what an internet "troll" was--drive-by posts just stating, "The thing you people like sucks." That for me is literally the defining example of trolling.

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 1:35PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Then there's stuff that one used to like, which one might keep reading out of a hope that it would get better.

(Not my situation here; I like A Room For Two!)

last edited at Jan 10, 2022 5:50PM

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

v cute n v gay
perfect 5/7

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Ancient Greek writers and contemporary literary critics: conflict and drama is absolutely necessary for people to keep being invested in a story.
Yukiko (the mangaka of "A Room for Two"): haha-ha haha-ha haha-ha ah-haa BLLLLL ah-haha

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Ancient Greek writers and contemporary literary critics: conflict and drama is absolutely necessary for people to keep being invested in a story.
Yukiko (the mangaka of "A Room for Two"): haha-ha haha-ha haha-ha ah-haa BLLLLL ah-haha

They forgot about cuteness. Plato and Aristotle never reckoned with the cuteness.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I decided to read this on a lark and kept with because it's a 4koma that does the inconceivable and allows time to advance. It's really refreshing, seeing Kasumi and Sakurako's relationship advance and their bond deepen all without a lot of overt attention called to the usual "significant events" in a comic like this.

At Ch.58 now and I wish for more Yukari; she's kinda devestatingly cute.

b0undarybreaker
C12%20wink
joined Oct 29, 2020

KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS KISS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

welease.wodger
joined Oct 2, 2021

OH MY FUCKING GOD !!!
A Kiss and unprotected handholding in A Room for Two. Will wonders never cease.

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 6:10AM

seungwanderlust
joined Dec 23, 2017

KASUMI INITIATING UNAMBIGUOUS KISS ITS A WIN FOR THE GAYS

Miku
joined Feb 27, 2016

Another kiss initiated by Kasumi

My heart somehow stopped for a bit. Well done Kasumi, well done

joined Jun 21, 2021

Yo this chapter was giving me some strange vibes from page one, but an actual on screen kiss for our girls? I would’ve put more money on them meeting an alien this chapter lol.

last edited at Apr 3, 2022 6:24AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

haven't they kissed and held hands multiple times already? like, on screen?

response to the other commenters aside, this was a very nice chapter.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

haven't they kissed and held hands multiple times already? like, on screen?

response to the other commenters aside, this was a very nice chapter.

The “A Room For Two Yuri Skeptics Club” has always had an explanation for why the kisses weren’t real kisses—on the cheek, not mutual, and of course the infamous “swapping candy mouth-to-mouth isn’t a kiss” incident.

Too bad the most virulent of the AR42 haters is no longer with us. Although not really.

joined Oct 6, 2020

Weirdly enough, this chapter made me tear up...

My heart is healed and content, Futaribeya is a blessing. Thank you for the update!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, you'd expect in this community, people wouldn't be that dismissive of the many hints that these two are a couple.

And yeah, it's far from the first time they kissed, with one or another initiating it.

This one was nice, though, the whole chapter has a nice romantic feel from the get go.

To reply you must either login or sign up.