Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Despite the overt discussions of asexuality and aromanticism right in the text, I really feel that the broader nature of romantic fiction is reasserting itself in this manga. We have the main character going "ba-dump" upon seeing the other lead's naked body. One little sound effect which basically brings in all of romance and sexuality right there. And we have the other lead starting to seem less asexual and more just fearful of physical and even emotional intimacy because she thinks her scars make her repulsive. And we have seriously increasing levels of emotional intimacy, which is clearly set to juice higher still as it sinks in to motorcycle girl that this person is not bothered by her scars and still loves her and stuff.

In short, my bet is this is gonna be a romance. I wouldn't even be surprised if it was a sexual one. And why? Because as I said way up the thread, in romance fiction even the robots are romantic.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

I do like that the scars aren't a deterring factor for her.

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

One does not know how to express love, the other has no clue period. Still pretty sweet.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Judging by her reaction, not asexual?

OneEyedOthinus
Bikko
joined Feb 17, 2022

Probably not aromatic at this point, but perhaps still asexual, we will have to wait and see how this evolves. Though it does seem to start to be leaning toward common tropes, but what do I know.

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

That position at the end does not look comfortable, but it's a cute sight nonetheless.

joined Sep 1, 2021

like a cat haha

i do this too and run away before they start touching me a lot or hugs me tight, we value personal space

i really wonder how it will end, it will be a first for me with a possible asexual character in yuri

last edited at Mar 28, 2022 6:50AM

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Probably not aromatic at this point, but perhaps still asexual, we will have to wait and see how this evolves. Though it does seem to start to be leaning toward common tropes, but what do I know.

I was referring to the reaction to seeing her naked. Seemed intentional by the author.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Getting gayer...

Vivy-v-chan
joined Aug 14, 2020

Good good...

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I hope this doesnt awakes a fetish for scars in Matoi :v tho it seems she started to awaken something for sure

Xerine%20and%20xeri
joined Sep 30, 2021

Random thing I noticed is that the last panel sees Matoi put her hand on Yuriko's head. Due to the nature of the panel, it almost feels like a cliffhanger; it leaves Yuriko's reaction in the next chapter looking uncertain, at least to me. My predictions rely too heavily on genre tropes to rely on for this kind of trope-breaker series, so I might just be overthinking it lol

That aside, my favorite part of the chapter is Matoi not bringing up the scars until Yuriko does it herself. It feels mature and tactful. But it also emphasizes that she doesn't let the scars redefine her perception of Yuriko, she just kinda sees it as another side of her. Directly stated in the chapter through dialogue, but I just like that the subtle things reinforce it too.

joined Mar 16, 2013

I'm hoping this will lead to a qpc or something similar to that. I love the aromantic and asexual aspects of this manga and the discussions the characters have on the topic, even going into to the demi-sexuality/romantic topic. I'm just happy we're getting more awareness on it :3

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This chapter was really fluffy.

けやき坂46
Original
joined Jan 30, 2019

Minus Rio's sudden infodump and nonconsensual charge, I really love the atmosphere of this manga. Love how the main leads are a little awkward but also ultimately super comfortable around each other. Love the pacing and also how the events/developments and characters feel realistic. Love how they talk less and still seem able to convey a lot. I look forward to each release.

Wait I just noticed the age gap tag??? Aren't they like only 4-5 years apart?

last edited at Mar 30, 2022 10:26PM

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Exquisite series, hope to see more works from this artists.

Pout2
joined Mar 7, 2017

Why do I get the feeling that her mother is someone she has already met.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

Minus Rio's sudden infodump and nonconsensual charge, I really love the atmosphere of this manga. Love how the main leads are a little awkward but also ultimately super comfortable around each other. Love the pacing and also how the events/developments and characters feel realistic. Love how they talk less and still seem able to convey a lot. I look forward to each release.

Wait I just noticed the age gap tag??? Aren't they like only 4-5 years apart?

Age gap is like 4 years at most lol, but I think it's there because Matoi started as a high schooler (albeit 18 already) and Yuriko was a working adult. Sometimes tags are there not necessarily as descriptors but as methods for people to filter things out that they find distasteful.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I’m really enjoying this one. Interesting characters you want to spend time with, high level art, and genuine emotions. I love it.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Oh my gosh Matoi is adorable. And everyone needs a friend like Rio

This was a pretty interesting chapter, I kinda like how this manga is willing to take time to explore topics outside of your typical romance.

last edited at Apr 2, 2022 5:37PM

Kurt
joined Aug 11, 2014

Bah! Every time someone says "labor shortage," I hear "not willing to offer enough pay." We need more works for the Communism tag.

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

This chapter went 100% over my head

Not enough gay, too much babies.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

This is a nice chapter
Pretty good way to give Matoi the oomph she needs to progress to the next step forward

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

And now Matoi writes an AI program to convey her feelings

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

This chapter got 100% of my attention

And the baby and the way he was used for the explanation was nice

To reply you must either login or sign up.