Forum › The Marriage Partner of My Dreams Turned Out To Be… My Female Junior at Work?! discussion

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

I’ve gotten pretty drunk before, but never enough to not remember what happened. Do people forget that much? I assume that they do given the general acceptance of that kind of story beat

It happens, but usually not as dramatic. Last time I've lost most of the evening was back in my early 20s - I only remember like 30 seconds between 6pm and morning. Usually someone else pouring you drinks in a consistent, but not fast enough to knock you out, pace is needed :)

I occasionally lose track of a few hours every few years, but I think I just fall asleep most of those times.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

So, is it a oneshot or no?

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Yessss so glad this isn’t just a one shot! What a glorious day!

joined Feb 21, 2019

not a oneshot! woo

joined Sep 11, 2019

OL yuri hell yeah let's go

Faye_valentine_2
joined Jan 31, 2013

-office yuri
-Miura kozumi
-1st chap couple already fucked
You son of a bitch im in !

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

This looks hella dope, already from reading the 1st few pages, I am excited. I'll stop there though and binge read when more come out. XD I am all giddy for this one.

Untitled
joined Dec 16, 2014

I’ve gotten pretty drunk before, but never enough to not remember what happened. Do people forget that much? I assume that they do given the general acceptance of that kind of story beat

Not the entire night, but I did blacked out for an hour or so before. I never met someone who couldn't remember what happened while they're drunk tho.

Dynasty%20profile%20v13
joined Apr 27, 2018

Hmm, this looks like it'll be interesting...

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

Could be interesting, but kinda unclear where it's going from here. What's the hurdle? "No, I can't accept that it's a woman!" and then we drag it out for 12 chapters? Or is it going to go all fluff? Immediately moving together in ch.2? Hum.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Wait so this wasn't just a oneshot?

So FUCKING true

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 12:45PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

oh thank heavens this is not a oneshot, really love the works of this author. I'm glad this is a series!!now I'm sold

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Rivals to lovers lets goooo

Capturar
joined Jun 27, 2018

Can happen, speaking from experience. Usually you only realize you had a blackout when someone mentions you did something the night before and you have absolutely no recollection of doing it.

Although I never had blackouts of extended periods of time. Maybe 30 min tops. If you drank at a pub, went home with someone, flirted and had sex, by the time you're done with that a lot of the alcohol is probably already out of your system. You're not gonna forget the whole thing unless you're literally drinking the whole time.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

If you drank at a pub, went home with someone, flirted and had sex, by the time you're done with that a lot of the alcohol is probably already out of your system. You're not gonna forget the whole thing unless you're literally drinking the whole time.

Thank goodness, because waking up in the morning in a strange bed and realizing you have no recollection of how you got there or what happened the night before and then finding an unsigned note on the bedside table that says "Thx for the lovely tryst I'm leaving first xoxoxo" gotta be, for sure, one of the most disturbing things that can ever happen to you. Yikes.

Fowgib%20me%20(2)
joined Nov 28, 2021

Office yuri? With sex? Score.

joined Jul 21, 2020

Could be interesting, but kinda unclear where it's going from here. What's the hurdle? "No, I can't accept that it's a woman!" and then we drag it out for 12 chapters?

You are bitter. You need huggies.

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

Where's the rest? I keep hitting next, but nothing happens! ;_;

Yuibless
joined Jan 30, 2017

OL yuri yeaeeeaaaahhh!

Screenshot_726
joined Dec 2, 2017

The good stuff

Img_20220328_194155
joined Mar 28, 2022

Yesss I've been itching to read more of this artist's yuri! I need to add this one to my wishlist of stuff to buy later.

Buzzstyle
joined Feb 10, 2013

I am officially 100% invested.

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 5:05PM

Palucina1
joined May 26, 2020

It happens, but usually not as dramatic. Last time I've lost most of the evening was back in my early 20s - I only remember like 30 seconds between 6pm and morning. Usually someone else pouring you drinks in a consistent, but not fast enough to knock you out, pace is needed :)

I occasionally lose track of a few hours every few years, but I think I just fall asleep most of those times.

That only ever happened to me twice in my lifetime. Luckily, I have exacly two tattoos to remind me. -_-

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Btw, guys, this is licensed on Renta! so buy the thing there if you wanna support the author

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

If you drank at a pub, went home with someone, flirted and had sex, by the time you're done with that a lot of the alcohol is probably already out of your system. You're not gonna forget the whole thing unless you're literally drinking the whole time.

Thank goodness, because waking up in the morning in a strange bed and realizing you have no recollection of how you got there or what happened the night before and then finding an unsigned note on the bedside table that says "Thx for the lovely tryst I'm leaving first xoxoxo" gotta be, for sure, one of the most disturbing things that can ever happen to you. Yikes.

Alcohol-induced amnesia is a thing in real life, but it's definitely a deeply embedded manga trope. It's also true that Japan (and other Asian countries) have a culture of drinking to excess. (A Western friend working in Japan said that the after-work drinking expectations were at the top of a pretty long list of negatives about their job.)

What throws me is that the blackout-drinking manga trope almost never results in anything approaching a real-life hangover commensurate with that level of alcohol consumption--if any morning-after effects are shown at all, it's somebody slamming an energy drink and they're back to normal. Most real people who get that shit-faced hammered spend the next day wishing for the world to end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.