But, "bookery"?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

AAAaaaawwwwww!!!!

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Is that progress I see?
Man, at first I thought the whole "Matsuri's corner" thing would be something Ms. Sunflower did subconsciously, then it turned out to be deliberate and I, huh, squealed like a schoolgirl.

A less wholesome way to see it is like a plan to have Matsuri at least bring some money to the bookstore, lol.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Every chapter of this series further cements my hc that it's a Flowers AU where Shirahane Suoh just ended up in a regular(ish) school, but managed to land herself in a mysteriously alluring place with an esoteric private history featuring degrees of homoeroticism directly proportional to the density of ambient literature anyway.

Ss%20(2022-10-15%20at%2007.19.30)
joined Aug 19, 2021

Finally

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

And I've come to realize that regardless of whatever else happens here, Matsuri is likely going to be the next Himawari-san.

joined May 2, 2013

Adorable. ^_^

And I've come to realize that regardless of whatever else happens here, Matsuri is likely going to be the next Himawari-san.

I mean wasn't their age gap really small? If that's the case current Miss Sunflower would have to die somewhat young...

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Adorable. ^_^

I mean wasn't their age gap really small? If that's the case current Miss Sunflower would have to die somewhat young...

Not necessarily die, just hand the shop over to the next generation. I guess it really depends on how the two see themselves and the bookstore. Their relationship certainly reminds me a enough of the current and previous holders of the title to bring this to mind.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Nice chapter.

But, "bookery"?

The series has been using that term (an archaic word for a library or bookstore) off and on all along.

It’s pretty appropriate for the kind of bookstore that feels more like a library with books you can buy as opposed to a merchant trying to move as many units of whatever as possible, only the ‘whatever’ happens to be books.

I like it.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I think that's the most openly besotted we've ever seen Miss Sunflower be

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I think that's the most openly besotted we've ever seen Miss Sunflower be

As I’ve been saying, it’s pretty clear that Matsuri is closer to Miss Sunflower than anyone else is. The nature of Miss Sunflower’s affection is complicated by the fact that she gets embarrassed so easily when “caught” showing emotion about anyone.

But if anyone knows when “progress” is made with Miss Sunflower, it’s Matsuri, and she think it’s progress. So it’s progress.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

But if anyone knows when “progress” is made with Miss Sunflower, it’s Matsuri, and she think it’s progress. So it’s progress.

Speaking of that, can we talk about how adorably dorky Matsuri's way of talking about that is? It's so cute!

joined Jan 13, 2021

Matsuri: Moe is mostly something you see associated with younger characters, but you just seem to get more moe with age, Miss Sunflower! I wonder if there's a term for that?

Miss Sunflower (sliding up her glasses): The Curious Case of Benjamin Button.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Ami is so smug and tiny, she's just the best.

Himoewari-san, hehe.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

She's got the moe and the tsun going on...Miss Sunflower is dangerous indeed.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Not entirely unlike the young Yuu-chan-sensei from the previous chapter, in fact.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Moe character confirmed. :D

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

moeflower

joined Jan 14, 2020

Not entirely unlike the young Yuu-chan-sensei from the previous chapter, in fact.

I too was reminded of Yuu.

joined Feb 17, 2022

Anyone know how many chapters are left until the end? It looks like the manga ended in 2021.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Anyone know how many chapters are left until the end? It looks like the manga ended in 2021.

We're on volume 6 and it ended on volume 13 according to MangaUpdates so we've got quite a while to go.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

See, just as I said, Matsuri is already taking over the store. :D

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Sitting in silence with someone while reading is really nice. I miss having someone to do that with.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Honestly I still can't get over the fact that we are getting regular updates again. Just brightens my day every time I see this pop up, so thanks for your work team.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

How come Matsuri has a himawari top? Is that like the shops official unifrom that Miss sunflower gave her to wear when she is hanging out/kinda helping in the shop? Or maybe Matusri had it made/bought it herself? That seems less likely.
I dont recall seeing it before. But if she has officially started working for her part time it would have told us right?

last edited at Mar 29, 2022 4:15PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.