Forum › Posts by Lexender

joined May 2, 2013

For someone so dumb Toudou has the most immaculate rizz I've seen.

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

What about that fortuneteller/teacher though? We had a lot of scenes foreshadowing that she had some kind of bad intentions, and that got dropped without even a mention at the end.
I mean I guess you could say she did it to test them or strengthen their relationship, but after her saying stuff like "a bond is most beautiful when it breaks", it really seems like she was supposed to play an antagonistic role.

I want to know what happened with the rival and the golem girl. They foreshadowed that she had real feelings despite not being a living being and that the other witch was starting to have real feelings for her too.

joined May 2, 2013

My first thought is that this isn't much of a love triangle if Diana can't even get the name of her crush right.

They hadn't interacted that much; seems obvious to me that Diana is hearing "Natori" as a name more familiar to her. Especially with Japan's l/r phoneme.

My point was more that in comparison, Lapis never seemed to need correcting on what to call her and always calls her Natori. Natori has to correct all kinds of people, so Diana just seems like every other person who doesn't get her name right. And more to the point, she doesn't seem to be putting in any effort to get her name right.

Like, in real life, if someone messes up a name and gets corrected it would be pretty rude to keep saying the wrong name.

I mean Natori IS the way a japanese person would pronounce Nataly, considering the manga's original language they are probably just making a joke were they write the name the same way but with katakana and hiragana.

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

Adorable. ^_^

And I've come to realize that regardless of whatever else happens here, Matsuri is likely going to be the next Himawari-san.

I mean wasn't their age gap really small? If that's the case current Miss Sunflower would have to die somewhat young...

joined May 2, 2013

"It's a passing grade" that's right a pass is a pass.

Liane already with the college student mentality

joined May 2, 2013

Also, a bit late to the party but in regards to types of revolutions As much as I enjoy this series I'll definitely say that the politics behind most of these things are pretty sketchy, Inori sensei seems to have a pretty (standard) myopic vision of politics that basically starts and ends with the modern japanese state. I'm still waiting for some solid anti-capitalist yuri, I know it's out there somewhere.

Japanese media is the only media I've seen that consistently does these "commoners vs burgeois" thrope with the commonors being the ones in the wrong.

Probably only being rivaled by the korean media in that regard.

joined May 2, 2013

The fact that Azurite is fucking ripped always manages to take by surprise when is shown.

joined May 2, 2013

I love how Mochi just destroyed the thrope about the totally "straight love" interest.

I still don't understand why Dowman actually cared to give an ending related to the male dude in Oddman 11 but then again, I never understand anything Dowman does.

Lexender
Oddman 11 discussion 05 Jul 14:59
joined May 2, 2013

If it doesn't makes you go "what in the ever loving fuck I just read" it isn't a Dowman Sayman manga.

So is there going to be a Vol. 2?

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

takachi posted:

That will make your gay psycho friend sad!

Oh come on, what makes you jump to this conclusion? As in, what makes you see Gin's friend as a psycho?

There you have it now. Chapter 21.

If you don't think he's a psycho, I think you're a bit delusional.

And now Gin stated that he doesn't feel like a transgender, because he's not attracted to men.

I love how this author is shoveling out stereotypes by the dozens... /s

Ok you are just being disengenuous here, he said that it was about getting attention and his own personality not that he was sure because he wasn't gay.

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

its funny how k-on is massively popular but everyone is sleeping on the manga stuff (prob becuase of 4-koma layout)

I'm pretty sure original K-ON was also a 4-koma

Lexender
Milk? Milk! discussion 28 Jul 13:11
joined May 2, 2013

Alright that's it, I have to take a stand.

*ahem

NO MATTER HOW BIG YOUR BOOBS ARE YOU CAN'T CONTORT YOUR NIPPLE INTO YOUR MOUTHHOLE

This is demonstrably false. There's TONS of videos of women doing just that. Settle down.

And you dont really need to have that big of tits either really.

joined May 2, 2013

And since when long hair has been the epitome of femininity?

I have short hair. Does this mean I'm not a real girl? My identity is crumbling....author is such a jerk! How could they?!

2 words, Yamato Nadeshiko, for the japanese long blanck hair IS the epitome of feminity

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

What's with the fancy camera equipment? Why do I suddenly feel as if I'm living in some backwater country where doctor's actually ... just kinda look inside, maybe using a small mirror?

To me it looked like they made an X-ray picture, to see how the teeth are seated in the jaw.

It is, those are called panoramic X-rays and are commonly used for extraction of wisdom theeth.

Also if your doctor doesnt uses x-rays for diagnosis get out of there and look for a new one, seriously.

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

I'm still not convinced Asahi is a boy.... five years later and he's still a tiny stick thin figure? I could be wrong. It's just that all those clothes and being hidden and what not...

I'm probably just projecting thinking I want him to be a girl.

I don't think his father cared enough to give him the proper nourishment he needed, if he gave him any at all.

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

I really really really hope its doesn't turn to Yaoi with these too, I don't have anything against yaoi but I hate that everytime a manga has a crossdressing male character they HAVE to be gay, only very few have straight crossdressers and is a cliché I really hate.

Lexender
Yuri Danshi discussion 16 Oct 22:18
joined May 2, 2013

Man this chapter made me miss Waii and Waii mahalo

Lexender
Lily Love discussion 27 Jul 22:22
joined May 2, 2013

HOLY SH*T, Mew's father is Soichiro Yagami, Light's father from Death Note O.o xD

.. Anyone else think they look alike?

I thought he looks like the ass man from Prison School

Nah that guy is cool beans, this one is an asshole.

joined May 2, 2013

Aki is so damn badass, she's my favorite character.

last edited at May 16, 2016 8:07PM

Lexender
Their Story discussion 05 Mar 19:01
joined May 2, 2013

I don't think I've related so much to character as I just did with the glasses guy this episode

joined May 2, 2013

Awesome manga, first time seeing one about a dentist it makes me happy since I'm studying to become one :D
Also, we're not monsters I don't know why people are always affraid of the dentist xD

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

Oh god, this is so amazing I dont think I have words to descrive it.

Lexender
joined May 2, 2013

To me it's like the author didn't really knew much about it, like how Ren says he would be able to be a girl when he's young, because when he grows up he would become a man, becauso you know HRT and SRS apparently don't exist in that world.