Forum › Beauty and the Beast Girl discussion

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Bittersweet, as I expected. Now I'm just sad for Iris.. Literally losing the only friend that's been there for so long after confessing that she's also glad she's still there.. I'm honestly hoping that they'd give her a more proper closure like actually passing onto the afterlife..

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/beauty_and_the_beast_girl_ch50_1

So there's a mini-Heath, next to Marie's kid?

So did they have a kid? Or two? Or were they heath and Lily from flashbacks?

That's baby Heath and Azalea (Lily's mom) from the flashback story.

joined Mar 19, 2022

I just wish there was a wedding that we got to see, and that we got to see Heath reunite with all of the other characters in heaven as well. I can imagine it, but it's not the same.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Bittersweet is all I can say but this was worth keeping up with this entire time.

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

God, this wrecked me. The realization that we've had a big time skip, then the farewell to Iris because she knows what's coming, then she's walking home gathering apples like the first chapter and drops one and it rolls down like the first chapter and oh god she buried Lily where they met and then she collapses on her grave and the rings come out like her missing arm is reaching for Lily and then she dies, right there, right then. And there are flowers on the grave which means Iris still comes to visit, which means Iris is going to find her aaaaaaaaa

Excuse me, I just have to go crawl into a blanket and sob for 4 hours.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Guess I'll have to start reading it after all, won't I?

reads first 10 chapters

Yep, definitely.

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 10:54AM

joined Mar 23, 2022

Damm sooooo excited for the R18 in exchange for my salty tears for the last chapter. Question does somebody knows where I can find the 120 pages that the author talks about that was released in 2021???

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

God, this wrecked me. The realization that we've had a big time skip, then the farewell to Iris because she knows what's coming, then she's walking home gathering apples like the first chapter and drops one and it rolls down like the first chapter and oh god she buried Lily where they met and then she collapses on her grave and the rings come out like her missing arm is reaching for Lily and then she dies, right there, right then. And there are flowers on the grave which means Iris still comes to visit, which means Iris is going to find her aaaaaaaaa

Excuse me, I just have to go crawl into a blanket and sob for 4 hours.

She didn't gather any apples on her final walk. That was all flashback. Heath was just looking fondly at the tree as she remembered her and Lily's first meeting.

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Damm sooooo excited for the R18 in exchange for my salty tears for the last chapter. Question does somebody knows where I can find the 120 pages that the author talks about that was released in 2021???

AFAIK it was only released physically. Thanks to a couple different users here we were able to scan the pages from a physical copy and process them to make them suitable for working with. The full book contains both of the previous R18 doujins with redrawn art, the newest of the three R18 chapters, and a special guest chapter drawn by a different mangaka. We have raws for the latter two and won't be doing the redrawn versions of the first two doujins just fyi.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

AFAIK it was only released physically. Thanks to a couple different users here we were able to scan the pages from a physical copy and process them to make them suitable for working with. The full book contains both of the previous R18 doujins with redrawn art, the newest of the three R18 chapters, and a special guest chapter drawn by a different mangaka. We have raws for the latter two and won't be doing the redrawn versions of the first two doujins just fyi.

Just for curiosity's sake, is the redrawn art for the first two noticeably different or is it basically the old art touched up?

last edited at Mar 23, 2022 9:30PM

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

She didn't gather any apples on her final walk. That was all flashback. Heath was just looking fondly at the tree as she remembered her and Lily's first meeting.

Yeah, you're right, I was kind of operating on fumes at that point. Hadn't slept. (sleep disorders suck, BTW.)

Beloved%2021
joined Oct 10, 2020

Just for curiosity's sake, is the redrawn art for the first two noticeably different or is it basically the old art touched up?

That I don't know, we only had the relevant parts scanned since that's such a time consuming process

6dc89f5c-43ac-44ad-a0d6-fe9ddf4f2fb2
joined Sep 2, 2021

How come Iris doesn't age?(I think I missed something). AND I was so looking forward to a romantic development between Iris and the gal with the horse(forgot her name), but their interactions withe one another was seriously cute.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

How come Iris doesn't age?(I think I missed something). AND I was so looking forward to a romantic development between Iris and the gal with the horse(forgot her name), but their interactions withe one another was seriously cute.

The details are explained in chapter 39.

joined Apr 14, 2021

cmon dont hit me with the among us art after that chapter :(

joined Aug 29, 2019

I'm still 8 chapters out from the end, but since I'd skipped through the final chapter before I started reading it, I wonder if and how much my perception of and feelings while reading it has been influenced by knowing how incredibly bittersweet the ending will be.

I can't bear to read more than a few chapters at a time because I get incredibly HNNNNGGGG from all the adorable wholesomeness and fuzzy warmth, knowing at the same time how it ends and that the series is acutely aware of how transient we humans are.
I think it always had that melancholy air about it, this sense of gravity in its writing and pacing. It feels "true to life", in a sense. I haven't finished it yet, but I'd be very surprised if Marie's curse got lifted in those last chapters or Dr. Nazuna ever really got anywhere in her pursuits. It isn't a story about getting that perfect outcome and making everything right, rather it's about taking things in stride, about having the courage to change the things that you can and the strength to endure those you can not. Making the best of what you have, living the moment, savoring things while you can.

Heavy stuff.

I always get the urge to cuddle afterwards. I don't think that's a bad thing, and I'm pretty sure this has already become my second favorite Manga.

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo
joined Apr 24, 2014

Welp, this was beautiful. It made cry a heck lot, but it was beautiful... still crying :(

joined Apr 15, 2013

I just binged the whole damn thing, and wow. It's been a while since I cried. Beautiful story.

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

Is Lily blind even in the afterlife? Damn, them's the brakes

joined Aug 29, 2019

Is Lily blind even in the afterlife? Damn, them's the brakes

Guess we don't know if she's still blind or if she joined the "characters who have their eyes closed whenever they're in the frame" club. I think she just joined the club, but we do kinda know she wouldn't let being blind stop her regardless.

This has to be one of the best final chapters ever. There's beauty in a definitive conclusion, as much as there is if an end is also a beginning.

Golden Mertens
Fr7bgrpvcaamcjc%20(1)%20(1)-1%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)%20(1)
joined Jul 9, 2021

I love this one so much, I'm glad I picked it up to read again, at first I thought they would end up making a way for Lily to be able to see at least before she died, but I'm happier with the ending we got

last edited at Mar 31, 2022 3:11PM

joined Mar 23, 2022

dear lord of doujins please make a miracle and let the NSFW and R18 stuffs get licensed in english.like pleaseee,seven seas and yen press whennn??

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Sorry for anyone that might get grossed but damn i was really expecting to see Heath use her tail XD felt like a waste to not do it with her tail

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

LET'S GO OUT WITH A BANG O7

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

“It’s tail time!”
- the immortal words of Gex

To reply you must either login or sign up.