Forum › Beauty and the Beast Girl discussion

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Maaaan, I fully expected the last chapter to go this way, but I wasn't thinking about was Iris with that expectation T.T

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

what a journey. going from when i graduated highschool to being in grad school......i'll miss this. was one of my fav yuri stories

Alice Nightrose
1280px-orange_and_pink_lesbian_flag.svg
joined Feb 9, 2021

And now i'm crying

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Very bittersweet, a little sussy too

Wwdemon150
joined Mar 11, 2018

Huh. Heath lost an arm during the timeskip.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

wow, didn't notice that. poor heath had a tough old time of things.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

Welp, I'm legit crying ugly tears now, hope you're happy Neji T_T . I'll definitely miss this one and go back to it a few years, it's quite near and dear to me. Thanks to everybody who made it possible . Now excuse me, I need to go hug my girlfriend , my parents, my siblings AND my cats T_T

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:28PM

Img_20200523_003304
joined Mar 6, 2020

Why hurting my feelings like this Neji

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:33PM

joined Jun 11, 2021

oh god im crying so bad what a wonderful work from beginning to end

joined Apr 10, 2021

I don't myself call actual afterlife with actual memory-having personalities with actual physical contact between them bittersweet at all. Everyone dies. I don't rate the chances of real afterlife very high, though people who disagree are probably happier.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I don't myself call actual afterlife with actual memory-having personalities with actual physical contact between them bittersweet at all.

I think most people would consider it bittersweet because Heath continued living without Lily for over 100 years. It's sweet because they got to be together again in the end, but bitter because of how long they had to wait for it.

Also heartbreaking because of Iris finding herself alone once again.

Wwdemon150
joined Mar 11, 2018

Yeah, I didn't notice my first time reading, and was wondering why why looked so surprised at her hand on page 28.

It must have been something pretty harsh and unexpected, because I'm pretty sure Heath would have kept the rings if it happened in a situation where the severed arm was recoverable.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:40PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

ah yes this story ends kind of the only way it could have ended. with a good cry

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:42PM

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Why must you hurt me like this? T_T

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

Soo... Just to make it clear for little dumb me. What everyone thought would happen, happened, and Heath was left alone cause hoomans age a lot quicker... Or well, die at a younger age. I get that part. But at the end there, did she die at Lilly's grave?

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Jezz Man! Neji could have at least thrown in some science baby great grand kids or something. That way poor heath Wouldn't end up so lonely again.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 7:50PM

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Soo... Just to make it clear for little dumb me. What everyone thought would happen, happened, and Heath was left alone cause hoomans age a lot quicker... Or well, die at a younger age. I get that part. But at the end there, did she die at Lilly's grave?

Yeah, she lived over a hundred years longer than Lily, and in the end she knew her time was coming so she gave a final goodbye to Iris, and then spent her final moments at Lily's grave then woke up in Lily's arms in the afterlife.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Welp, I'm legit crying ugly tears now, hope you're happy Neji T_T . I'll definitely miss this one and go back to it a few years, it's quite near and dear to me. Thanks to everybody who made it possible . Now excuse me, I need to go hug my girlfriend , my parents, my siblings AND my cats T_T

If it makes you feel better you're not the only one.

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

I wasn't ready for that.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

At least Iris won't be completely alone, she'll have Lamia bby to look after

Madoromicloseup
joined Mar 6, 2018

Yeah, I didn't notice my first time reading, and was wondering why why looked so surprised at her hand on page 28.

It must have been something pretty harsh and unexpected, because I'm pretty sure Heath would have kept the rings if it happened in a situation where the severed arm was recoverable.

She still has the rings. You can see them on a string around her neck when she falls in front of Lily's grave.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ah... The curse of the inmortal... Such temptative yet scary curse to bear only enjoyable if you dont get attached to things, unfortunate that iris is not such type of person.... A nice ending in my opinion, not sad... A bit bitter but happy at last

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Yeah, she lived over a hundred years longer than Lily, and in the end she knew her time was coming so she gave a final goodbye to Iris, and then spent her final moments at Lily's grave then woke up in Lily's arms in the afterlife.

Not how I interpreted it on the first reading, even though this one does make sense (probably more sense to be honest :P ). I thought it was just some sort of dream that's also a glimpse into the future, and the series just ended in the present while Lily is still alive.

last edited at Mar 22, 2022 8:17PM

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I'm not crying, you're crying! ;_;

No matter what happened though, it was always going to be too soon...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

Not how I interpreted it on the first reading, even though this one does make sense (probably more sense to be honest :P ). I thought it was just some sort of dream that's also a glimpse into the future, and the series just ended in the present while Lily is still alive.

while that would be nice, it can be directly discounted by the fact that the manga ends with Lily asking Heath to tell her about all the travels she's had in the time they spent apart.

To reply you must either login or sign up.