Forum › I Favor the Villainess discussion

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... so was I supposed to know the whole time that "Aurousseau family" means Lene and Lambert? That whole chapter I was wondering why do they care for some random family that was supposedly masterminds behind all this :P

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 12:23PM

joined Jun 21, 2021

I definitly appericate the extra costumes and hairstyles we get from the manga, I remember thinking that back when rae had her hair in the bun when they were doing the ghost stake out, and she looks great here

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Somehow that's not how I imagined Salas when reading the LN, but it works.

This part is also feels so much sadder now that I can see the characters faces :(

Well, it was said that he physically resembled Thane. I kinda was expecting him to be better looking though, given how pretty much everyone (even Rei) praised his appearance.

I'm really enjoying the manga adaptation, thanks for the translation and uploading it. For example, the commoner's reactions when Yuu's friend visited.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 12:53PM

20220125_003513
joined Jan 30, 2013

I still don't understand why incest. Like the character was so good its disappointing it went that way.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Somehow that's not how I imagined Salas when reading the LN, but it works.

This part is also feels so much sadder now that I can see the characters faces :(

Well, it was said that he physically resembled Thane. I kinda was expecting him to be better looking though, given how pretty much everyone (even Rei) praised his appearance.

I'm really enjoying the manga adaptation, thanks for the translation and uploading it. For example, the commoner's reactions when Yuu's friend visited.

This is true, he's just more rugged and a worn than I was expecting.

It is a really good adaptation I agree! Got me to buy all the light novels.

03dcbc32-c6f1-466f-9b77-fffa79a101b1
joined Feb 27, 2022

Not gonna lie but the incestuous relationship in this part of the story really icked me

Electric%20(1)
joined Jul 15, 2020

I agree with the guys saying the incest is icky. Really don't need that, but as long as it's faaaaar away from our main ladies, I can thrive. Thanks for the translation!!

joined May 29, 2021

I mean you’re not supposed to go “yay incest!” They’re villains.

joined Mar 15, 2015

I mean you’re not supposed to go “yay incest!” They’re villains.

Maybe they are, but you're apparently meant to sympathize with their love for each other, as well as the fact that they've been forced to take part in the plot.

As for "the Aurousseau family," I wonder if there are any known members of the family besides Lambert and Lene who would also have been executed if the king thought the whole family deserved to die for the siblings' actions.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 3:00PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Yeah you are supposed to sympathize with them and I personally think it works pretty well.
Once you get over your initial "Ew Incest, icky." reaction, you see that Lene and Lambert are two adults (Lene is 18 iirc, and Lambert is her older brother, correct me if i'm wrong) who are in a mutually loving relationship that they'd be at best shunned and at worst prosecuted for.

And then once they grasp at a straw of hope they're shown, desperate as they are, they're not only forced into a serious crime, they're blackmailed with each other's lives for it.
Regardless of whether one thinks that incest as a concept is wrong, the circumstances of the characters in this specific instance are quite tragic and deserving/evocative of sympathy, imo.

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

Hmm, so that's Salas' look. Man's looks like he drinks a coffee + smokes a pack every hour of every day, lol. But then again, with the way he gets down, I'm not surprised he looks hella tired't lmao. I appreciate the very subtle hint with whom he's connected to they put in this chapter. They tried to hide it, but nope, can't fool me. I see it, lol.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 3:33PM

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah the incest is icky, but it is there to give them a reason to be desperate enough to do what they did. While still being at their core good enough people to want them to get a relatively good ending

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Omg Rei looks soo good in that outfit and hair. I would love she used that hair style more.

Thanks for translating the chapter.

Raven%20dialogue%202%20dynasty
joined Jul 23, 2021

Is it me or has the art improved?

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

Will this become an anime one day?

Img_9245
joined Mar 14, 2018

The king in ch 18 looks like an older, straight Zagreus.

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Rei in this Royal ouffit is too cool, and she interlocking hands with Claire mean they bonds grow up
but i don`t want a good ending for the sibblings

Untitled-1
joined Feb 6, 2017

I think the main reason I dislike the incest thing is because it's being compared to being gay and the thing is...I don't believe in one true love. Even if they're adults who are madly in love, so what? They aren't allowed to marry one specific person. They might even break up and marry other people for completely normal compatibility reasons! But if you're gay, you can't be with anyone, ever. No matter who you date, it'll be gay so you're expected to die alone. That's a completely different scale than not being able to marry your brother so you'll have to date literally any other guy.

Additionally, the maid was willing to murder people and support her brother murdering people. Even if I was desperate, I wouldn't support my girlfriend murdering people not to legalize gay marriage, but to get us out of the country to get married somewhere else. She should have broken up with his ass and dated other people. Which she can do. Because she's not gay, just in a bad relationship. Or even just skipped the country without the murder. I can't believe leaving the country is that impossible. They were just afraid to do it without help because they had comfortable lives. The brother at least deserves the death penalty honestly (in-universe, I don't generally support it irl) and the maid should at least go to jail if not get the same. So yeah, waste of a reward to plead for them.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Wow. I imagined salas to be really good-looking since he's a real hoe, but I also expected myself to get irritated as soon as I see him in the manga hahahahaha

Tumblr_nbee0zysh31tbx9b9o1_1280
joined Dec 5, 2014

I'm gonna guess, that even if I don't like it, the incest part was made so it would make senses the reason why they choose betrayal, if they were step siblings or even cousins I think it would not be "that" hard, the first because they're not blood related and the seconds cause it was pretty normal back then (im gonna say back then even though I know it's a game, but it set in a period of time) that kind of marrige, so being siblings makes it a more taboo kind of relation that nobody would approve and no law would allow, so they really have 0 options

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 9:21PM

joined Dec 3, 2017

aww they changed the goodbye to lene a little bit here, i don't mind but... the LN version more emotional and cuter for me. oh well.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Damn Salas, I finally know what you look like lmao. Also I agree, the goodbye felt too rushed, LN version is miles better. Well we get what we get I suppose.

Sakura Cartelet
Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Well it looks like this manga is now officially localized as I'm in Love With the Vilainness. I thought once an official translation was available Dynasty deleted/took the chapters down.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

Additionally, the maid was willing to murder people and support her brother murdering people. Even if I was desperate, I wouldn't support my girlfriend murdering people not to legalize gay marriage, but to get us out of the country to get married somewhere else. She should have broken up with his ass and dated other people. Which she can do. Because she's not gay, just in a bad relationship. Or even just skipped the country without the murder. I can't believe leaving the country is that impossible. They were just afraid to do it without help because they had comfortable lives. The brother at least deserves the death penalty honestly (in-universe, I don't generally support it irl) and the maid should at least go to jail if not get the same. So yeah, waste of a reward to plead for them.

Actually, someone mentioned earlier in the comments that in that scene, Lene appeared with two other men who were controlling her in case her brother wanted to stop the operation or something, and they were also the ones who pressed the knife against Claire's neck.

Honestly wish they left it like that in the manga too, it makes people dislike Lene more which is kind of sad.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Well it looks like this manga is now officially localized as I'm in Love With the Vilainness. I thought once an official translation was available Dynasty deleted/took the chapters down.

The mangas been localized for a minute and the light novels even longer. I’m glad we’re drilling getting translations, I support the series officially but it’s brutal waiting for english volume releases.

Although every month the manga chapters throw me off because I read the English light novels first and have some names slightly different lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.