Forum › Brides of Iberis discussion

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I don't mind the cheating tag and I am kind of interested where the story of the black-hair MC goes, but I am not much of a fan of the light-hair girl... I'll give it a couple of more chapters to decide

ザワールド
92165446-8f95-4f03-88c5-7d78fb208740
joined Dec 25, 2021

Seems interesting

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 5:57PM

Snapdragon beans
Screen%20shot%202018-12-15%20at%202.44.04%20am
joined Oct 27, 2018

Very interesting. I've been meaning to read Octave too, so I'm going to go do that!

Sometimes, I just want to read something about some utterly terrible people. I hope this manga doesn't justify their cheating at all.

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 5:58PM

Shinta
joined Feb 25, 2014

I can feel it, this is going to be a trainwreck, in a good but also in a bad way, gonna wait until it's finished, I feel like I'm going to lose my mind if I'm going to read the chapter each week(months idk how fast it updates)

Midnightgunner
Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

A chating tag in a manga from the same creator of Octave? Oh, what a surprise...

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

Nekomancer47 posted:
But I doubt either way it will end with a “happy” yuri couple. Cheaters are never satisfied, after all.

They may end up being both horrible people, but I don't think it's the theme here.

From what I got, the theme is "sometimes, love happens, deal with it".

Man proposes, God disposes.

The author will now tell us how this unravels.

Some characters will suffer, will cry, or will rage, even if they don't deserve it, but such is life.

I also wonder if there could be some commentary on comphet coming, if only obliquely. Neither of the two women seem to be entering their marriages because of genuine passion or love for their partners, it's just sort of..."eh, it's what you do, right?" Even setting aside the cheating. So there's something to be said about how queer women (and queer people in general) are encouraged to "settle" for lives they wouldn't choose for themselves if they knew there were other options.

I'll keep an eye on this, but I'm also not a huge fan of incredibly dramatic stuff even when it's really well done, so we'll see.

joined May 23, 2017

Reminds me of imagine me and you the 2005 movie but not as much cheating vibes

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

This is going to be a really painful ride, and while it doesn't feel like anyone will end up happy here unlike in Octave, maybe that'll change.

joined May 23, 2017

Remember, if you do not wish to see manga of a certain type, you can go to "Manage Profile" and blacklist the "Cheating" tag.

Anyways, I support women's rights and women's wrongs. Especially women's wrongs. Love me some women who are absolutely awful.

... I was not aware this was a thing LOL

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

AKIYAMA HARU. Les go!! For some reason author-san loves cheating. Lol but still, Octave's one of my all time fave so.

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Oh nice, a new manga ! Oh, it is made by the author who did Octave... ugh ! The two main females are heterosexual and about to get married, and one of them is a bitch who's cheating on her future spouse... Okay I'm out !

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Oh no—people acting badly! Whatever shall we do?

Besides reading the story or not, I guess.

joined Dec 18, 2016

Interesting premise but i wish we could get bisexual representation outside of the whole “slutty woman who sleeps around with anyone and everyone” trope.

Is there a Manga about repressed bi who one day realize it's bi and trying their hardest to reject it but then come3to accept it later?

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Story gives me bad vibes, so I'll be very caution with checking it out. Will probably not really follow it.

malibus88 posted:

Since this is well know retarded cheating lover kind of author of what we remember being done in Octave, we can bet both girls will sleep with guys around before settling for each other in end configuration or something.

Good to know you didn't understand Octave at all.

Most people who liked Octave didn't understand it either, since the only translation available was pretty bad.

I read it in Japanese and personally, I thought it was trash. It was the story of a very narcissistic person whose idea of what she deserved clashed with reality, resulting in her being self-absorbed and selfish. That's not a bad premise in and of itself. The problem is Yukino never faced the consequences of her actions. For example, when she cheated, she was forgiven right away because Setsuko blamed herself. We can argue whether Setsuko was to blame or not, but it doesn't change the fact Yukino got away scot free. And it's exactly because of that reason that she didn't grow as person until the very end. When the author tried to sell us on the idea that Yukino had finally grown the fuck up, it ended up feeling forced and unearned.

But who knows, maybe this manga will actually be good. I think the fact that both MCs are shown to be shitty people from the get go is a good thing. As long as the author doesn't try to justify it by shifting the blame to the guys, that is. But I'm not holding my breath on that.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Story gives me bad vibes, so I'll be very caution with checking it out. Will probably not really follow it.

malibus88 posted:

Since this is well know retarded cheating lover kind of author of what we remember being done in Octave, we can bet both girls will sleep with guys around before settling for each other in end configuration or something.

Good to know you didn't understand Octave at all.

Most people who liked Octave didn't understand it either, since the only translation available was pretty bad.

I read it in Japanese and personally, I thought it was trash. It was the story of a very narcissistic person whose idea of what she deserved clashed with reality, resulting in her being self-absorbed and selfish. That's not a bad premise in and of itself. The problem is Yukino never faced the consequences of her actions. For example, when she cheated, she was forgiven right away because Setsuko blamed herself. We can argue whether Setsuko was to blame or not, but it doesn't change the fact Yukino got away scot free. And it's exactly because of that reason that she didn't grow as person until the very end. When the author tried to sell us on the idea that Yukino had finally grown the fuck up, it ended up feeling forced and unearned.

And that’s what stories are, folks—blame games. If someone acts badly and isn’t punished sufficiently, that’s a bad story. And if someone suffers disproportionately according to the amount of “blame” they have earned, that’s a bad story.

I’m not sure what the relative quality of the translation has to do with the apportionment of blame and punishment required to be meted out to fictional characters whose behavior one disapproves of. Even we stupid readers who accepted the available translation and liked the story could see that Yukino cheated and yet somehow was not forced to endure the emotional equivalent of wearing sackcloth and ashes.

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 9:11PM

X
joined Mar 20, 2020

Not sure but this thought always craving in my mind when I saw adult life or cheating and het tags in yuri manga :
Pretty sure, this seems likely how yuri (les and more like bi) born irl, huh... Like, pure yuri in real life doesn't exist. Yada yada.

I don't compain about the story, I even think that this situation is the most logic yuri can happen irl (usualy from unsatisfaction, uncertainity, emptiness, trauma from characters) but, my heart can't invest on it either coz, sheesh, thats kinda suck and depressing...

last edited at Mar 19, 2022 9:16PM

2here3there
joined Mar 19, 2022

They are one step away from looking like the original cover art of magnet on page 50

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

I hope Akiyama twists these women into pretzels. I hope she lights them on fire. I hope she warps the concept of marriage so profoundly that 'Here Comes the Bride' is henceforth played only at funerals and every mention of matrimony in any form of media mandates a content warning. I have faith in the mind that produced Octave.

I liked your post so much I was ready to say: "I love you! Marry me!"

Then I realized that oops, bringing down the idea of marriage is the whole point, lol.

joined Jun 11, 2016

this is gonna be full of drama and I will love it all the way!!

Seriously though, this is like a car crash that you know will happen but you can't stop it and can't look away from it. I wonder why I like this kind of story so much.

joined Sep 6, 2018

The author of “Octave” is making this? Count me in!

joined May 10, 2021

Oh boy it looks even more angsty and drama-y than Octave... And you then add more NTR... Looks messy and God awful.
I'm in!

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not sure but this thought always craving in my mind when I saw adult life or cheating and het tags in yuri manga :
Pretty sure, this seems likely how yuri (les and more like bi) born irl, huh... Like, pure yuri in real life doesn't exist. Yada yada.

I don't compain about the story, I even think that this situation is the most logic yuri can happen irl (usualy from unsatisfaction, uncertainity, emptiness, trauma from characters) but, my heart can't invest on it either coz, sheesh, thats kinda suck and depressing...

LGBTQ matters don't "logically" happen the most because of trauma or unsatisfaction in real life.

Don't ever equate a biased sample of manga with real life. Yuri is not real life. It is a genre convention with tropes both wholesome and not. Which gets to a larger point of don't ever blindly equate fiction with real life. If you want to know how real lesbians or bisexuals find out about things or live their lives, then go read their interviews and stories and you know, talk to real people.

ArtemisOnVtubers
joined Dec 16, 2021

I just hope the husbands KABoOo

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I was hoping this story was going to be a heart felt drama about a woman awakening to her sexuality in the midst of her wedding preparations. Leaving her with the choice of sticking with her life, as she knows it, or following her true nature. She would agonize about whether or not to stay with her fiance, or leave him her the woman she truly loved. And I would root for her to follow her heart.
Then the blondie, the MC appears to be crushing on, seems to have turned out to be one of those characters whose whole point in life is to make a game of ruining other peoples lives. So much for the heart felt drama I was hoping for. Damn.
Oh well. As long as it just doesn't end with blondie's game eventually backfiring, and rekindling the MC's passion for her fiance, and sending her off into happy het world to live a proper woman's life, then it'll be fine.

Edit: What if the whole thing was just elaborate ruse, by blondie, to get close to the MC. Her engagement, the wedding, The make out session, with the MC's boss in that ally, as the MC just happened to be walking by, all an elaborate fake so blondie could get close. Maybe blondie is using her power of intrigue for the sake of love after all. THAT WOULD BE AWESOME!!! Oh god of yuri please make it be that.

P. S. Sorrry for the blondie and MC nick names, but I'm terrible at remembering names, and I just din't feel like going back to the story to look them up.

last edited at Mar 20, 2022 12:05AM

joined Mar 30, 2020

and fuck that blonde bitch!

To reply you must either login or sign up.