Forum › My Mom's a Superstar discussion

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Can I offer you a nice tangerine in this trying time?

joined May 1, 2013

I'm kinda baffled by this series more than anything, because even though there are hints the mom is actually gay (her flop sweat when the kid doesn't buy her explanation, her insistence that getting remarried is impossible), and it'd be weird considering the audience this is going for if no one was gay, the entire joke seems to hinge on the mom not actually being gay, and she definitely isn't really into Chen or Ren.

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

It's clearly a gag series, not a serious story

Unnamed
joined Nov 6, 2018

Should we ask for a Third Wheel tag?

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Poor dude, totally ignored.... lol

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

The interview studio icon is Flame Emperor Edelgard?? XD Chapter 6, page 3, panel three, all the way in the top left!

joined Feb 21, 2021

Youzi has a keychain of the pink haired aunt on her bag....Youzi is really fixated on her otp....

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

I feel you bro... I feel you

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Can I offer you a nice tangerine in this trying time?

"It's over here, by my mom's MAGNUM condom."

joined Dec 3, 2017

hold up
is that the flame emperor in the livestream icon? I can recognize edelgard from a mile away is2g

Tail_nap_by_twokinds-dc7pz78
joined Aug 11, 2016

Poor dude

Rsz_1screenshot_2021-08-18_at_11-24-04_the_idolmaster_cinderella_girls_fr%c3%a9d%c3%a9rica_miyamoto_shiki_ichinose_%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc%e3%83%ac%e3%82%a4%e3%82%b8%e3%83%bc_-_pixiv
joined Apr 25, 2018

Fun series

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

Kid needs to be in a foster home
Horrible mother
Terrible influence

What exactly is the basis for this astounding assertion?

Obviously they're afraid Youzi will turn gay from living in such environment.

Totally obvious. Absolutely what I meant. I read Yuri manga on a Yuri site to say that characters shouldn't be gay.

No ya dumb
The mother is a playboy (playgirl?) constantly switchin between girls
It's cute and all to see the daughter wants to help her choose but she doesn't realize is that her mother doesn't want to choose, just wants to fool around. I really hope the daughter doesn't grow up acting like that. That's just trouble waitin to happen

But sure let's go straight to callin people "homophobic"

last edited at Mar 17, 2022 11:03PM

joined Jan 14, 2020

Uh.

As I recall that manga, there's no strong evidence that mom has been with any girls.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Horrible mother
Terrible influence

Totally obvious. Absolutely what I meant. I read Yuri manga on a Yuri site to say that characters shouldn't be gay.

No ya dumb
It's cute and all to see the daughter wants to help her choose but she doesn't realize is that her mother doesn't want to choose, just wants to fool around. I really hope the daughter doesn't grow up acting like that. That's just trouble waitin to happen

I think calling her mom a player is a bit much. She’s an actress that stars in a lot of films with other actresses. During promotional events and maybe even on screen, they have a close relationship. She’s explained that to her daughter but Youzi hasn’t grasped that yet. Now, her mom may (or may not) have real feelings for one of those actresses, but she probably won’t act on those feelings for any number of reasons. Regardless, she’s not a player and she’s not made out to be one either.

52722-l
joined Nov 8, 2017

Aren't they spoiling a movie that has yet to be released?

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Horrible mother
Terrible influence

No ya dumb

This explanation is ever worse than I thought it would be. It makes the same mistaken assumptions that Youzi does—when she’s 6 years old.

Irene_&_teresa
joined Jun 12, 2019

hold up
is that the flame emperor in the livestream icon? I can recognize edelgard from a mile away is2g

Clearly, the author loved them some CF route. And Edeleth, lol.

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

Ikr?? I was thinking the same thing. They're just giving away that whole plot twist.

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

Horrible mother
Terrible influence

No ya dumb

I think calling her mom a player is a bit much. She’s an actress that stars in a lot of films with other actresses. During promotional events and maybe even on screen, they have a close relationship. She’s explained that to her daughter but Youzi hasn’t grasped that yet. Now, her mom may (or may not) have real feelings for one of those actresses, but she probably won’t act on those feelings for any number of reasons. Regardless, she’s not a player and she’s not made out to be one either.

That, plus even if she was, are you seriously saying her daughter needs to be taken away from her for that? Wtf are we even talking about here? People are allowed to casually date different people. Hell, people are allowed to have sex without looking for a committed relationship. You can't just slut shame her for having an active dating life, let alone say her DAUGHTER NEEDS TO BE PUT IN A FOSTER HOME. Wtf.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I'm kinda baffled by this series more than anything, because even though there are hints the mom is actually gay (her flop sweat when the kid doesn't buy her explanation, her insistence that getting remarried is impossible), and it'd be weird considering the audience this is going for if no one was gay, the entire joke seems to hinge on the mom not actually being gay, and she definitely isn't really into Chen or Ren.

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom. Besides, Chen's the one that shows up in all the promo pictures.

I think the real point of the story is that while Youzi ships her mom with all sort of beauties out there, specially Ren, the only one with any real chance in Chen, which is ironically the only one that Youzi doesn't see as potential partner for her mom. lol

LunaaSnow Uploader
Zephyr Scans
joined Oct 7, 2021

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom.

Oh boy do I have news for you in the next chapter ;)

last edited at Mar 18, 2022 10:35AM

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I wouldn't put Chen and Ren at the same level here. Ren is just a friend that Youzi ships with her mom but Chen actually seems really close with the mom.

They seggs

joined Dec 13, 2020

What? What??? Don't tell me Mom x Ren turns out to be a thing!?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Hehe, yeah, and that's the way the ball bounces in Eastern Asia. I too was really surprised the first time I found about it. People in the West won't stand for spoilers to their fiction; they hate being told what's gonna happen, and want to be surprised by the developments. People from Japan or China, on the other hand, like to know in advance exactly what it is that they're about to read or watch; they very much expect to be spoiled! In the morning journals, in the entertainment section, you often find summaries of the episodes of the tv series that air later that day, and they say things like: "In today's episode of so-and-so series, the mysterious killer everyone was looking for is revealed to be the butler! Oh, and the mc's girlfriend falls from a cliff and dies." It always comes as a bit of a culture shock for Americans or Europeans who go live in Asia.

To reply you must either login or sign up.