Forum › Silent Magnificat discussion

joined Jul 6, 2014

I liked the basic premise. could use a sequel though.

joined Jun 11, 2016

I really really want a sequel of this. Tbh I just want more childhood friends couple lol.

joined Jan 13, 2021

Tfw the title of a yuri oneshot references a hymn from the Gospel of Luke that kinda-but-not-perfectly corresponds to this story about teenage girls and you grow slightly unhinged trying to figure out how it channels and plays around with those Biblical themes. Good shit. Yorumo never misses.

63515893-13a8-47bc-ac30-925c9c72c86e
joined Mar 1, 2018

!?¿¿?? I get it but I also don't.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 12:12PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Yyou go sister

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The ending was confusing af.

I didn't get the punchline. Please, explain.

Please to be your "little sister"? I think something is lost in translation.

last edited at Mar 9, 2022 12:31PM

joined Aug 27, 2021

Ah yes, typical yuri story where it takes place in all girl school or Christian all girls school to prevent them from dating ÓㅅÒ

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Not sure there is anything to explain, this just seems largely like a not a very interesting story.
They have the sister system, a girl didn't get to become her childhood's friend "sister" as she hoped, but they're still pretty close otherwise so that's nice, the end.

Kirin-kun Uploader
Oip
Rehashed Scans
joined Mar 21, 2021

"Pleased to be your little sister" makes no sense and is a mistranslation.

I checked the last line on the raw. She actually says "Give my regards to your "little sister"".

Ie, she doesn't mind (or endures) her to be with the little sister as long as she has her time outside of school.

That's all.

joined May 1, 2015

That makes sense. MC doesn't really care what happens at school as long as she gets to be with her onee san whenever she wants.
She knows how this will play out. This is why she said that at the end in a sort of mocking tone.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

"Pleased to be your little sister" makes no sense and is a mistranslation.

I checked the last line on the raw. She actually says "Give my regards to your "little sister"".

Ie, she doesn't mind (or endures) her to be with the little sister as long as she has her time outside of school.

That's all.

This definitely needs to be edited in since it's a huge change and actually ends the piece in a cohesive way

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I actually like this, could definitely use a sequel. Seems like she knows her childhood friend doesn’t view the “little sister” as anything more than a formality and plans to just dominate her time elsewhere. Also seems like she’s been dominating her time at school too, which is why the “little sister” is complaining and asking to see her for lunch.

Does make me wonder if you can change sisters. I can’t imagine they would force you to stay with someone if you don’t get along.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Does make me wonder if you can change sisters. I can’t imagine they would force you to stay with someone if you don’t get along.

You can't imagine that? In a Catholic school? In JAPAN?!
If you make a mistake you will stick it out and follow it through to the bitter end because that is tradition and admitting there was a mistake would be embarrassing!

Iloveherface
joined Jul 12, 2020

The illustration on page 3 is so beautiful!!!

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

monkaS
This went from cute to yandere really quick

ParasyticGhoul
Smell_1
joined Dec 5, 2016

That cover by Miman ( ˵ ° ~ ° ˵ )

joined Sep 11, 2019

Girl is monkaS as fuck but I'll just say that seeing the last page just as spotify started playing "The Only Thing I Know For Real" just added way more to her last line.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I’m delighted to see all the neo-Marimite yuri these days—you’ve got your regular soeurs, and your gyaru soeurs, and your vampire soeurs, etc.

It’s like when rockabilly cycles through the popular music trends again. . .

38611606_p02
joined Feb 17, 2019

I liked the art but the story was a bit... Hmmm...
Ah, don't get me wrong, I like these slighty yandere-ish, manipulating characters, like Sana from Yukino's Plan, but it was a bit... Hmmm...

Dynasty Reader
joined Sep 7, 2021

Something like this is just not one shot material, if you structure a story like this, you have to make it a series else it just ends up feeling unfinished. This was still great work but it just felt to me like episode one. It didn't feel like a full story.

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Nice one

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

You know what I'd want for a sequel. If Suu-chan fell for the "little sister" instead. That'd be cool

joined Jun 9, 2018

Poor thing, the "unrequited love" tag should exist.

69c76a90jw1exw6rq32l5j215o1jkwwc
joined Jun 1, 2013

D:
noice, but oneshot :<

joined Mar 19, 2022

You should have just told her, you bloody idiot...

To reply you must either login or sign up.