Forum › Kami eshi JK to OL fujoshi discussion

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

The parents' initial reactions were absolutely hilarious. :D

All worked out more or less as well as expected - although Misumi's decision to stay home after all was a surprise. Not a bad one, though.

joined May 1, 2015

Whoaw, we saw the most progress in this chapter.
Everything should be easier and more sugary sweet. I hope.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Everything should be easier and more sugary sweet.

They don't sell that many ingredients.

joined Jun 12, 2015

*baka means idiot

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hahahahaha again it took me some preparation to read the whole chapter, I understand now, I'm exactly like Kasumi's parents; "oh, new update of Kami Eshi? right I should go plant some roses all across the north pole"

I clicked the chapter, saw the first two panels and then ran away to Please bully Me, Ms Villainess update xD and then 2 panels more and went to read Komi san update lo/ but you know what they say, the third is the charm so I read it all and it was surprisingly wholesome, the parents are super open about this, I expected a more furious reaction from the dad at least but the author made it clear that they had their own guesses already, the mom suspected there was a lover supporting her and the dad tried to understand by reading the book and finding that her daughter is open like that to homosexuality, so it came as a surprise but not THAT much... maybe? lol.

Aahh but the highlight, the last panels.... how the author drew the road ascending to accentuate that they're not on even grounds yet, and then Ai san lift her up higher! to the sky. I feel like it's a good symbolism of support, wings and how their relationship works, I thought it was beautiful.

I don't want it to end soon... Everything points that way but no NOOOOOO

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Honestly, this chapter could have been the end and I would have been mostly satisfied. I wonder how much longer this will go on for cause it certainly feels like it's coming to a close.

joined Sep 11, 2019

It worked out in the end. But I always get second-hand embarrassment/cringe whenever I read Ai's long tirades even though I know it's her serious feelings but a part of me thinks that it's just the author making it over the top to be a little funny.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

There might be something wrong with me (not that I didn't know this), but I'm still too nervous to actually read the last two chapters, even seeing the comments that all went alright :P

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

So are we gonna talk about Ai, wearing high heels on a steep hill, scooping up Misumi like she weighs nothing?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

So are we gonna talk about Ai, wearing high heels on a steep hill, scooping up Misumi like she weighs nothing?

It's the Power Of Love™.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

It's the Power Of Love™.

A sudden rush of dramatic moment induced strength!

If that wasn't an end-ish panel, I don't know what that was, but it sure was cute as heck!

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 1:25PM

Absolute-territory-2.jpg
joined Mar 4, 2018

It's the Power Of Love™.

Thank you. You just gotta listen to the Huey Lewis song, and the fog will lift.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I am glad they chose not to have them move in together. They have enough issues in life as is without one getting suspicion of coercing a minor cast on her. There is no need to rush, they have plenty of time in their lives ahead of them to get things done in the proper order.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I'm not ready for this to be over damn it... I wanna see them be more lovey dovey and go on dates and kiss and hold hands! Actually... that might be a bit much... okay, give us a time skip and THEN let them hold hands!

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

happy :)

joined Jul 28, 2020

I feel like I almost got a heart attack at the last page, it's good to know there's at least a bit more to go before their story is over.

joined Dec 28, 2016

I just started reading this, but does the translation improve? It's so utterly dreadful and incomprehensible everywhere. This translator feels like they are using machine translation.

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 6:02AM

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

I just started reading this, but does the translation improve? It's so utterly dreadful and incomprehensible everywhere. This translator feels like they are using machine translation.

Well, I commend you for the incisive honesty, but I'm here and active on dynasty (and other places), so I can answer you directly. Except for chapter one, I've done the TL up til now.

I did rely on MTL a lot more back then than I do today, and I did admit in my afterword that it was more than I could chew realistically speaking, but that manga had been abandoned for a year, and I think over time I improved and did it justice. I've only ever been told that I did such a bad job by scanlation gatekeepers, so I'm a bit surprised. I took a look back at chapter 2 and while it wasn't perfect and as smooth as what I can do today, I don't feel like it was THAT bad. Also, don't forget that Aizawa talks a lot of fujoshi gibberish and that Misumi's school friends talk in a weird stilted way in the original as well.

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 10:47AM

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Insulting the scanlators and their work is against the rules anyway, that person is just exaggerating for the sake of being mad, I don't know what are the standard they have, but they're probably higher than 95% of fan translations

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Daphie’s translations are always clear, and often very flavorful to me, and her taste in series is top-notch..

Truly a princess of the scanlation realm.

KokoKagamihara
Download20210305131100
joined Mar 10, 2020

Even if this wasn't a difficult series to translate I'd still saying Daphie has done a phenomenal job of it, especially since the first chapter was done and unceremoniously dropped like it was nothing and no one else was willing to pick it back up.

Story wise I definitely feel the end coming, but I really would like as much of this as possible.

princess_daphie Uploader
Honeyview_hanekawa1
Daphie's
joined Feb 1, 2021

Insulting the scanlators and their work is against the rules anyway, that person is just exaggerating for the sake of being mad, I don't know what are the standard they have, but they're probably higher than 95% of fan translations

Daphie’s translations are always clear, and often very flavorful to me, and her taste in series is top-notch..

Truly a princess of the scanlation realm.

Even if this wasn't a difficult series to translate I'd still saying Daphie has done a phenomenal job of it, especially since the first chapter was done and unceremoniously dropped like it was nothing and no one else was willing to pick it back up.

Story wise I definitely feel the end coming, but I really would like as much of this as possible.

Thank you, guys!!! You're boosting my self-confidence! O:)

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 8:41PM

joined Mar 15, 2019

ch 24
I'm glad Misumi's parents are so good and love her daughter sincerely

Tron-legacy
joined Dec 11, 2017

It's the Power Of Love™.

Ba da padapa dapada pa da ba DUM BUM THE POWWWWER OF LOVE, is a curious thing.....

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

This series is always so refreshing, and wholesome. That's a rare combo. I don't really care what happens from here, it's been a pleasure!

To reply you must either login or sign up.