Forum › Lilies, Voice, Wear Wind discussion

Victory
joined Oct 15, 2020

Hopefully someone can get that to them. Do they have a discord or something?

last edited at Feb 18, 2022 12:19AM

Victory
joined Oct 15, 2020

Well never mind me. It seems they're actually using the same source. It sucks my money went to waste when I bought it for the purpose of seeing it worked on months ago, but these things just happen.

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Ohh scars, that's interesting.

joined Jun 11, 2021

this is more interesting and cute than i initially thought it would be based on the first chapter. definitely excited for more, thanks for the translations!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

I like that it doesn't immediately jump from "I'm aromantic" to madly in love. Regardless of what happens, seeing her spend some time thinking about things in a calm manner instead of being thrown around by emotions she supposedly did not have is pretty fresh.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

This is getting interesting now that we have both perspectives.

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

I dunno man, she still seems really pretty to me, even with the scars. Actually... is it bad I kinda like them?

joined Sep 6, 2018

I dunno man, she still seems really pretty to me, even with the scars. Actually... is it bad I kinda like them?

“I just wanted to show her that I didn’t care about the scars.”—Joker, from “The Dark Knight”

joined Jan 22, 2015

Scars are hot.

joined Jun 19, 2018

is pretty fresh.

This actually reads to me as going really fast and kinda cliche. Yuriko has practically already admitted her love for Matoi. Matoi basically acknowledged that she had a crush on Yuriko the first chapter only for it to be apparently(?) half forgotten and dragged out later on.
The whole aro-ace thing so far feels like a psuedo-conflict. They thought they were, they weren't, the end. The scar thing seems like it'll be a way of turning into a real conflict by making Yuriko's aversion to sex a hang-up rather than disinterest.

Actually... is it bad I kinda like them?

Burn scars are often drawn in a beautiful/appealing way. They're not too disgusting irl from what I've looked up on google images, but it's hard for me to see them as anything but off-putting. If you even like those... Just don't be a chaser and you'll be fine lol.

4625e8c6494d6b432f9993e960cfd46c
joined Jan 27, 2020

Oooooh, I identified as aromantic asexual back before I got into college then found myself a gf few years later. We had sex almost every day (I was the initiator) until she dumped me months later. I went from ace to gray ace. Today, I just say I'm gay because I realized it was comphet on my end (back when I wasn't aware of the term yet and also Occam's Razor). Never met an ace though but my ex was a gray ace.

I'm sorry you were dumped, but yeah, those kind of things can change like that in time with the experience. I wonder how this will go for them. I still hope we can have some aro/ace, tho.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Well never mind me. It seems they're actually using the same source. It sucks my money went to waste when I bought it for the purpose of seeing it worked on months ago, but these things just happen.

If they're the typical tankobon with small print, that you scanned them means you might be able to read them with your camera, even if you don't know japanese.

I bought the whole "Don't become an otaku, Shinozaki-san!" series because it has a lot of furigana next to the kanji, but even the kana was hard to read in places.

tl;dr your raws are probably much easier to read than the originals.

joined Jan 14, 2020

Well, the side art is sure teasing yuri outcome...

last edited at Mar 3, 2022 8:55PM

TheAlmightyUltimus
Hyper%20kabuto
joined Oct 30, 2018

is pretty fresh.

This actually reads to me as going really fast and kinda cliche. Yuriko has practically already admitted her love for Matoi. Matoi basically acknowledged that she had a crush on Yuriko the first chapter only for it to be apparently(?) half forgotten and dragged out later on.
The whole aro-ace thing so far feels like a psuedo-conflict. They thought they were, they weren't, the end. The scar thing seems like it'll be a way of turning into a real conflict by making Yuriko's aversion to sex a hang-up rather than disinterest.

Actually... is it bad I kinda like them?

Burn scars are often drawn in a beautiful/appealing way. They're not too disgusting irl from what I've looked up on google images, but it's hard for me to see them as anything but off-putting. If you even like those... Just don't be a chaser and you'll be fine lol.

Yeah, that's fair. Never actually seen burn scars irl, so I suppose I have no prior bias towards or against them. And it could just be the artist's style that makes me like it...

Eh, likin the plot so I'm sticking around regardless lol

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Methinks, actually, that the scars might play into a potential sex scene of sorts. It's just a hunch though but her aversion to sex, there, as well as her self-consciousness about her scars definitely implies that perhaps Matoi will see her scars in a sex scene or prior and will be accepting of it

joined Jun 19, 2018

Eh, likin the plot so I'm sticking around regardless lol

This chapter seemed more promising theme/plot/romance-wise (contrast of restrained nice v assertive nice, and Matoi fully knowing and trying to get her fill while she can, which I think actually is rare/interesting for her situation). Still mostly reading for the attitude and ambience, which I've liked throughout (I feel something's a bit off about them actually, but in a way that makes them more enticing).

Methinks, actually, that the scars might play into a potential sex scene of sorts

I'd be shocked if something like that didn't happen (or at least is alluded to in some way). It's a plot I've seen a few times before, and heard referenced dozens of times (which is the standard for the things that feel the most cliché). I don't always dislike clichés by any means but I've never really liked this one.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I'm aro and ace, maybe in the grey area, but still aro and ace. I've been in long-term relationships before, and just recently I broke up with my ex, after two years together. I also had sex and intimate moments with a couple friends, both men and women, but what can I say? I don't feel like having sex all the time like a lot of people I know, and I also don't feel excited about finding someone to love.

When someone tells me they like me the romantic way, I don't feel excited or anxious, or putting it the cliché way, "feel the butterflies in my stomach." Sure, I have some sort of sex drive, but given the period I feel like that, I think it's pretty much more of a biological reflex/response than feeling aroused.

I have a hard time trying to understand romantic l love. So, on one hand, sure is refreshing seeing this kind of plot and terminologies being used in media; on the other hand, I'd be kinda disappointed if it turns out like the "ooops, I just didn't know I was in love with you before" kind of situation.

Best thing to do is to keep an eye on how the plot is going to develop. At the same time, I'm equally keeping an eye for any signs of this not being exactly what I was expecting of it.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

I have all the volumes in significantly better quality but I have absolutely no idea how to contact you. So here's volume 1 to 4 in good quality. You might wanna apply denoise using waifu2x first tho. https://mega.nz/folder/JAZhgQ4I#2ysOFosOCnh_eg9c3NmhbA
If you want to credit raw provider. I normally go by CSmith327

Oi the link is dead. I'm guessing you took it down coz it's the same as the one the TLs are using but do you mind reposting it so I can see the raws?

Hopefully someone can get that to them. Do they have a discord or something?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think they're on Dynasty Scans Discord

last edited at Mar 4, 2022 12:39PM

DivineAlexandra
Ihstarresi
joined Jun 22, 2018

The MC is very clearly crushing hard on Yuriko, but I'll honestly be kinda disappointed if Yuriko also is shown to "just not have found the right one yet" and then suddenly be willing to go all the way. It's not like you need to wanna date or fuck someone just 'cause you've got a crush on 'em, especially since it's already set up that it's off-tables.

Iunno, just would seem a bit vapid to me, and I think for Yuriko's side it would come out of nowhere.
I think it'd be kinda nice if the conclusion was that you can be in love, but that that "love" doesn't need to be the same as everyone else's (no need for it to be particularly sexual or romantic). I guess a bit like A Room for Two but more melancholic. 'Cause I like the somewhat sombre vibe here.

When someone tells me they like me the romantic way, I don't feel excited or anxious, or putting it the cliché way, "feel the butterflies in my stomach."

I dunno if you're supposed to feel anything particular when being confessed to. The butterflies in your stomach is supposed to be sign that you're in love, not them.
Besides, at least for me, when I'm around my boyfriend I feel the exact opposite of that--calm and relaxed, not excited. Maybe I'm getting old, but at least for me that seems to be clearest sign of love.

last edited at Mar 5, 2022 6:20AM

Noobgaymerjooj
Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

Nice to see some aroace representation in yuri manga. Nice story, I'm enjoying it so far ^^

E. Vigée Le Brun
joined Jun 8, 2021

Those scars scared the bejeezus out of me. Are they burn scars? 'Cause they don't look at all like scars resulting from cuts or punctures.

DaSupremeXtream
Yatsude%202-min
joined Jul 11, 2019

Those scars scared the bejeezus out of me. Are they burn scars? 'Cause they don't look at all like scars resulting from cuts or punctures.

Yes. Methinks she got into a motorcycle accident or was in a fire of some sort

Pocchi-avatar2
joined Jun 15, 2021

Nice!!! I need this.

Img_20210903_230019_067
joined Aug 2, 2020

I dunno if you're supposed to feel anything particular when being confessed to. The butterflies in your stomach is supposed to be sign that you're in love, not them.
Besides, at least for me, when I'm around my boyfriend I feel the exact opposite of that--calm and relaxed, not excited. Maybe I'm getting old, but at least for me that seems to be clearest sign of love.

I mean, there are many ways of anxiety and excitement, there aren't? Especially when you think you romantically love someone... At least that's what I think. In a way or another, I also think the way you feel towards your significant other varies from person to person, so...

joined Dec 17, 2021

I really like Matoi's family. They are supportive without being pushy and give actual practical advice.

To reply you must either login or sign up.