Forum › Anemone is in Heat discussion

2024-01-09%2004_02_51-3%20_%20chapter%20162%20-%20the%20100%20girlfriends%20who%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really,%20really
joined May 28, 2020

When those two were in the cafe, I was expecting the shopping girls to see them and get the wrong idea. I guess this manga's too good for that cliche.

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So Kuori and Uda huh... I mean, it can be a mature move. Wanting to move on with your life, as well as appreciate the affection of someone else. Trying to be happy, instead of dwelling within a hole of constant torment. Sure, it can create a difficult situation, but well... Life or even love alone isn't usually a simple matter. Of course, it all depends on how it's played out in the story, but it's a nice angle I started appreciating a bit more.
Makes me think of that "Useless princesses" and that side pair it cooked.

That aside, I was really impressed when the manga just outright confronted Nagisa about just dating Mashiro. To be fair it did set up this situation quite nicely, now that I think about it. Having a fellow, sadly less fortunate yet more experienced, gaygal approach one of the main characters about their love life in a straightforward manner, but without it being pushy. Just enough to make her think.

I'm rambling, so I'll stop here. Great chapter as always. This entire manga really turned out to be a fun and wholesome read.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Ahh yes the seed has been planted in Nagisa, and as we know, she takes those and blooms quickly (please note the med school decision a few chapters back). So I anticipate a date request/confession soon from her.

I’m glad the VP has someone that cares for her and that she won’t have to be alone at this time. And I really hope they don’t just start dating, but take some time to explore if that’s what she really wants to pursue with Uda. Though I have to say, her saying that she confessed multiple times over the years does make me cringe, cause I certainly wouldn’t want to be in the Prez’s situation and be on the receiving end of that.

Adashima
joined Sep 3, 2018

Just want to appreciate how stupidly cute Kuori was this chapter. The mood swings really got me, it's nice to see that she doesn't really feel super "in love with the president" per se but is more "in love with love", at least that's the impression I get as a reader and really sets for a nice moving on experience and is even already getting paired with Uda lmao. That might feel a bit rushed but it's still an overall incredibly wholesome read, even when this chapter has been basically the most bittersweet in the entire series so far.

joined Jun 21, 2021

Seriously gotta thank the translation team for getting these chapters out so fast for this series.

This was a really cute chapter, this is seriously my favorite ongoing yuri manga right now.

Which brings up my concern…it feels like we’re meandering just a bit…in 2 chapters we’ll be the end of volume 3 and if something big doesn’t happen….

I just desperately don’t want this to be a Yuri series that ends when the leads get together, I want some time to actually see them interacting as an official couple….please

And I really don’t like the class president story line, I’m sick of exploring student/adult romance….but at least the nurse is showing some self control, a lesser series would’ve had them in a full on relationship

last edited at Feb 24, 2022 4:54PM

Mask
joined Jan 6, 2015

Yay, finally more hugging! I was starting to get withdrawal without those sweet hugs.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Nothing better in life than hugging the girl you love

henrytruongfe522
joined Jan 25, 2022

Thanks for the morning sweet! I feel like gaining 1kg after reading the newest chap :3

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

I love this series and I just found out that they're the same mangaka as The Aquatope on White Sand. So was the anime yuri-ish or just platonic pals saving the aquarium?

I thought the Aquatope on White Sand manga was an adaptation of the anime rather than vice versa though.

It is and i don't think they implied anything to the contrary, they just said that the artist who draws Anemone is the same who drew the Aquatope manga.

To their question, you don't need shipping goggles to see the bolded, italicized and underscored subtext in Aquatope but it all stays firmly in "so super affectionate, we're basically sisters" territory with no romantic developments whatsoever, much to my dismay.

Gal pals building their lives around each other forever and ever. That kind of subtext.

I got the impression that at first the anime was working toward a yuri romance relationship, then it swerved away to become just workplace drama, then swerved back to "hard subtext" at the end. All that perhaps suggesting the producers getting cold feet about an explicit yuri story.

I agree. They literally spent the entire first cour building up their relationship only to not really do anything with it in the second one. And there were enough opportunities to do so, they just didn't utilize them at all, was kinda disappointing and felt like they went "welp, this is done and over with, no need to ever bring it back up again".

Yay! Thanks. Saved me the time. I was traumatized with Amanchu before so I avoid watching anime similar to that. Lol

Good thing I only watched Season 1 and was wise enought to stop. It's a happy memory for me still. From what I've read they did in Season 2 and the manga... so sad. S1's ending was pretty perfect too.

Maxresdefault2
joined Jan 31, 2018

This manga really is perfect so far. So many situations that could have been used for needless drama (Nagisa being with Kuori when Mashira finds her) just get turned into something wholesome. And I'm really on board the RiriAmi pair!

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

Just want to appreciate how stupidly cute Kuori was this chapter. The mood swings really got me, it's nice to see that she doesn't really feel super "in love with the president" per se but is more "in love with love", at least that's the impression I get as a reader and really sets for a nice moving on experience and is even already getting paired with Uda lmao. That might feel a bit rushed but it's still an overall incredibly wholesome read, even when this chapter has been basically the most bittersweet in the entire series so far.

Rather than her being "in love with love" and not 100% serious about the president, I think she is just in the process of getting disillusioned and getting over it.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

I don't like the council president/nurse shipp too much, but I love the principal couple and Riri/Ami so much, they are so cute lol. I wanna see more of Riri/Ami!
Also thanks for translating!

Mini%20new%20shiny%20greninja%20avatar
joined Jul 24, 2021

Just noticed that in the bottom-left textbox of the twelfth page of the first chapter, there's an error--"nerby" instead of "nearby."

Roody
joined Feb 11, 2022

Feels like this is nearing the end

Pinekon
joined Jan 10, 2022

So we reached the point where they have to face the past. This issue was growing and expanding in the back and just waiting to explode. Not that I'm complaining, considering a similar type of story, here at least it's not something out of the blue and something that anyone saw coming from a mile away. Not sure what Nagisa thought would happen. Let's not control the discussion about how their encounter messed up Nagisa's future, by not allowing her to attend the first choice school. Instead, let's allow the girl who already feels like she's a burden to everyone around, to discover it by herself, so she can fully blame herself for wasting Nagisa's effort.

If it sounds like I'm dissatisfied, I'm actually not. I think that's what makes me like Nagisa. She might be smart with her books, but she's so dumb in any other way. Am looking forward to how this will play out.

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

This better end in a kiss

Prettygirlsmall
joined Jul 4, 2021

If it sounds like I'm dissatisfied, I'm actually not. I think that's what makes me like Nagisa. She might be smart with her books, but she's so dumb in any other way. Am looking forward to how this will play out.

I definitely think it's a nice way of showing how, while SHE may have worked through her issues with that incident, Mashiro has never had a chance to. And, as you say, Mashiro already feels like a burden to everyone; it's natural that no matter what Nagisa says here, she's just going to feel like she ruined her life. It's definitely a Shocking Reveal Creates Rift Between Lovers moment, but it's been set up by the story since the very beginning.

I'm curious how it'll get resolved. It's not as simple as Nagisa convincing Mashiro that's she's well and truly happier now (after all, her younger sisters literally said just that before Mashiro put it together, and we've seen that Nagisa wants to go into medicine so she can better take care of Mashiro), since the problem here isn't how Nagisa feels about Mashiro, but how Mashiro feels about herself. I think it's going to have to involve Mashiro figuring out what she wants to do with her life, or at least how she can define herself as more than just a burden who's dragging other people down.

joined Feb 1, 2021

All because Nagisa's sisters admire her so much, too. Poor Mashiro.

(There has to be some other response to emotionally damaging revelations besides RUN AWAY tho)

NuclearStudent
joined Dec 13, 2018

Something about the reveal struck me as lackluster. Man, my siblings don't act like Naggy's siblings.

joined Oct 22, 2021

Dream higher.

Handholding!

joined May 10, 2021

Did Mashiro just ran away....?
And did Nagisa just stood there?!
What teh fcuk! They better make-up (and out) in the most lovey-dovey fashion.

Dynasty
joined Mar 17, 2022

Well this was going to come out sooner or later, and it's not going to be easy to work through. As others have said, this is more about how Mashiro views herself.

The worst part is now I have to wait another month.

Fo6gewav_400x400
joined Feb 1, 2020

Dream higher.

Handholding!

Protected handholding right..?

006%20(1)
joined Aug 11, 2019

Dream higher.

Handholding!

Protected handholding right..?

Go big or go home. RAW!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Well. That was dramatic.

To reply you must either login or sign up.