Forum › Shoujo Manga Protagonist x Rival-san discussion

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Man my inner yuri sceptic is a real downer. Lol.

You wouldn't be you without it, johnb.

And you get all that unexpected pleasure when you're proven wrong, which in this case I'm pretty sure you will be.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

Man my inner yuri sceptic is a real downer. Lol.

You wouldn't be you without it, johnb.

And you get all that unexpected pleasure when you're proven wrong, which in this case I'm pretty sure you will be.

I actually post my inner yuri skeptic's doubts just so the universe will prove it wrong. And I hope you're right about this one.

C2731dea4191b182ecd8f18498562a84
joined Sep 1, 2017

I hate writing spoilers but it's further on MD, idk what version but since there the same it doesn't matter. Anyway, the boy end up being a yuri fan and be a wingman for Kimura

Huh? (scratching my head) Does that fit the definition of irony?

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

hmmm... I'm happy about the spoiler, but... wasn't there something in post 1 of this thread?

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Oh wait there is.I totally forgor.

Ana_wolf
joined Jan 4, 2022

This is looking pretty bonkers. It has potential so I'll keep an eye on it.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

On the bright side, Hiyama's insanity just saved Kimura from the other girls' ire. :D

joined Nov 20, 2016

this might be the first time i'm lowkey rooting for the het ship

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Gay, straight, gag comic, or whatever the situation, I think Kimura isn't good enough for Hiyama. Kimura is a boring pushover and Hiyama is a hard working, romantic. Granted with some yandere mixed in with a desperate attitude. But, I still think our Rival-san can find a better Shoujo Manga Protag to love. You don't have to find your soul mate before finishing school, girl.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

If you're in a shoujo Manga you do have to find your soul mate before graduating. The deities of shoujo manga haven't acted yet because it's a small tweak from the original triangle. SMProtag and SMTarget have switched places, but Rival-san is still speaking and acting as she would have anyway. Where the universe may act is if Rival-san starts to win against Target-kun. The universe would never have let her win against Protagonist-san, but she and Target-kun may be on the same level. Either way, Protagonist-san wins in the end.

joined Aug 10, 2016

Damn, so many people putting Hiyama through the wringer without being up to date with the most recent chapters that Mangadex has.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

You'd think those girls would have learned not to trigger Hiyama's yandere tendencies by now.

joined Sep 11, 2019

Damn, so many people putting Hiyama through the wringer without being up to date with the most recent chapters that Mangadex has.

True, but also MD's version was from the magazine which skips around a lot of chapters as per the first post in this discussion. It took me a while to actually find the magazine version raws just to see how it ends lol.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Okay, happy humming Hiyama is super adorable!

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Such optimism. :D

The_argent_god_100px_avatar
joined Jul 28, 2019

Oh my. Is it an actual triangle? Is there a twist coming that the guy likes the blonde?

joined Mar 15, 2015

Hiyama, sweety…honey. She is STRAIGHT. Please move on, there is no hope with this one.

Most people feign straight until they get a little wet

That maybe true, but All evidence, so far, points to the fact hat Hyama is barking up the wrong tree. In fact if this was a trial, it take the jury less then 10 minutes to return the virtdict that Kimura is straight as an arrow.

Only if they haven't been presented all the evidence we've been shown.

Quite right. Pending further evidence, I’m sticking with my theory that Kimura is failing to drag Hyama into her planned shoujo manga and is slowly being absorbed into Hyama’s yuri story.

Because of the power of love.

My yuri goggles wants that to true, but my inner yuri sceptic tells me this is just a gag comic that will just be discontinued when the writer gets bored of the joke. Man my inner yuri sceptic is a real downer. Lol.

As amusing as the premise is, I personally hope that there's some actual romantic development between Hiyama and Kimura.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

There is hope because Rival-san loses to Protag-chan. But now she's fighting Target-kun, and he does not have a guaranteed win - if he's even competing. And it's even possible that Hiyama has become the protagonist, and whether he wants to be or not, Target-kun is now Rival-kun. What a mixup!

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

I read the webcomic version up to the latest chapter I could find, and I was still reading this 'cause I thought it slightly was different... but now I finally see that this is literally the same thing but redrawn and all and apparently with some extra pages. Alright, I finally get that now after too long, but... what is the Magazine version on Mangadex? It's separate from the Serialization version, and it actually seems pretty different. I didn't understand what was happening before, and then I did, and now I don't understand again haha.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I read the webcomic version up to the latest chapter I could find, and I was still reading this 'cause I thought it slightly was different... but now I finally see that this is literally the same thing but redrawn and all and apparently with some extra pages. Alright, I finally get that now after too long, but... what is the Magazine version on Mangadex? It's separate from the Serialization version, and it actually seems pretty different. I didn't understand what was happening before, and then I did, and now I don't understand again haha.

See the first post of this thread for a graphic of how the volume chapters (which this follows) relate to the web/magazine chapters and the previous scanlator's numbering.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

See the first post of this thread for a graphic of how the volume chapters (which this follows) relate to the web/magazine chapters and the previous scanlator's numbering.

I did see that graphic, but I was still confused since it seems like Magazine Chapter 1 is supposed to be the start of the story. So there's just ten chapters of the web comic, and then they get introduced to each other again?? I guess that's not really too ridiculous for this story since she forgets that Hiyama loves her every chapter so far... well, I get it now, that does make more more sense. At least I finally actually understand what's going on now. I don't really know where I am in the "true story" now since I read both the web version and the magazine version separately, but I'll just wait for the rest of the official version to be translated then (or reread them in this order maybe?) Thanks for the help!

last edited at Feb 14, 2022 8:40AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I guess we'll find out in two more chapters.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Threats".

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

Well ...
That's one way to make progress, I guess.

joined May 1, 2015

Mouseland....brilliant

To reply you must either login or sign up.