Forum › Anime season

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I saw the final review of Aquatope and would you look at that.....I was totally off the mark! lo/ it's actually a great series that ends beautifully with great animation and no het romance with Kukuuru, as for the yuri you might have to judge that yourself but I think you will be fine it is wrong to watch this show "expecting" something to happen as I did and why I paused with 13 episodes. You should just watch this show for the drama and emotion, it's a great show.

So I guess I need to keep watching, and that's good.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Well, YuYuYu is over. As far as yuri goes, one of the side stories involves a lesbian crush (but ends badly) and the main narrative has some strong subtext at the very end. Not worth watching for, but appreciated. As for what to watch for in the first place... it exists to make S2 less shit. If you've seen S2, watch this. If you haven't, I wouldn't bother

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

One of the idols in Selection project has a canon girlfriend.

YES THANK THE YURI GODS

I have been on the fence for a while due to the CG but the music is so good and I really like the design of the characters. Also, I really love idol anime. Time to binge.

I saw the final review of Aquatope and would you look at that.....I was totally off the mark! lo/ it's actually a great series that ends beautifully with great animation and no het romance with Kukuuru, as for the yuri you might have to judge that yourself but I think you will be fine it is wrong to watch this show "expecting" something to happen as I did and why I paused with 13 episodes. You should just watch this show for the drama and emotion, it's a great show.

So I guess I need to keep watching, and that's good.

Thank you for this. Another one to binge soon since I know it just finished. I really liked the episodes I've seen so I'm glad it was mostly consistent.

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014

One of the idols in Selection project has a canon girlfriend.

This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill.

Still gay as of the last ep

joined Jan 1, 2014

2021 rated on yuri

With 1-4 exluded[.
from 1/10[full on het or all-male cast to 10/10[Romance shows like Bloom into you/AdaShima]

9/10
Kobayashi-san Chi no Maid Dragon S[Multiple yuri couples, but no focus on romance]

8/10
Ura Sekai Picnic[Focus on mystery, not a romancic yuri
Gekidol[A bunch of yuri kisses and its assumed/implied MC ends up with the girl who kissed her/flirts with her, some of the side characters are also canon lesbians]
Higurashi no Naku Koro ni[Time looping with the power of double yandere yuri]

7/10
Slime Taoshite 300-nen[Most girls are gay for the MC]
Otome Game no Hametsu Flag shika Nai Akuyaku Reijou ni Tensei shite Shimatta… X[Bi harem]

6/10
World Witches Hasshin Shimasu![Very heavy subtext and Krupinski is a womanizer]
SELECTION PROJECT[Very heavy subtext, +1 for canon side couple that gets like 2min of screen time]
YuYuYu[Very heavy subtext, +1 for very gay ending]

5/10
Non Non Biyori Nonstop[Hotarun has a crush on Komari]
Show By Rock!! Stars!![Very heavy subtext]
ZOMBIE LAND SAGA REVENGE[Very heavy subtext]
Super Cub[Very heavy subtext(although i'm pretty sure Our 2 main characters got married)]
Jahy-sama wa Kujikenai![Very heavy subtext]
Love Live! Superstar!![Very heavy subtext]
PuraOre! ~Pride of Orange~[Very heavy subtext]

last edited at Dec 30, 2021 2:42PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

I was going to give Selection project a chance because it looked pretty nice but then I realized it was a reality show and they would be filmed 24/7... I found that super creepy and dropped the anime asap!

Yea. Reading description I thought it was just like tournament or some kind of normal competition, but then at the end they said it's supposed to be like reality TV where they live together and are being filmed constantly so fans can see their favorite idols real life and I'm really not fan of that stuff and forced drama in those shows, but decided to give it a chance, since it's also first time (I think) idol anime tried to do something like that and turns out... it almost never comes up again. You never see them being filmed during their day to day life. In fact they're actually seeing them as normal people. Later when one of main leads is forced to confess something private other main lead asks crew to stop filming and they did and later the person playing mascot character is seen drinking and genuinely feeling sorry for MC, while complaining how despite that he has to keep acting as if nothing happened and pretend to be cherry mascot. There also wasn't any misleading editing etc done to make show more spicy than it was. Honestly it didn't feel like reality show at all.

PS: GIrl's Frontline and Arknight anime trailer surprised us with female leads, Arknights is 90% confirmed but yeah... there's that for next year

Actually I took it more as them keeping Arknight's lead as being ambiguous, cos even in the game's story their gender is never confirmed in any way, so I think they'll try keep that in the anime as well, which honestly would be amazing in it's own way, even if of course I'd prefer Doctor being a woman.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That's actually really good to know, you know the Mascot character was the one who made it sound really bad at the start, you know with the smug attitude and sassyness saying that there would be cameras everywhere around these teenager groups I was thinking "dude... what the hell are you implying..." really put me off honestly so I'm glad (just like with Aquatope) to be wrong and it didn't go as I expected.

Like, leaving the creepy fan side aside, having cameras all around also made me think that the girls would either embarrass themselves into some controversy or fake being nice in front of the cameras.

Also! Trailers

Yuru Camp DA MOVIE https://youtu.be/xmVdq3iJsDQ

About two girls who are actually supernatural beings trying to be.... comedians? in the Taisho period https://youtu.be/4FUd6KSp6ZE looks cute!

Also new anime announced with cute girls in modern times trying to be.............comedians! yes https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2022-01-06/teppen-manga-about-3-aspiring-high-school-comedians-gets-tv-anime-in-2022/.181278 it's called Teppen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Announcement listed the anime's full title as Teppen—!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 15 exclamation points (instead of just three exclamation points as in the manga's title) and teased that the 15 exclamation points have significance"

Lo/

last edited at Jan 6, 2022 5:58PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Serenata posted:

That's actually really good to know, you know the Mascot character was the one who made it sound really bad at the start, you know with the smug attitude and sassyness saying that there would be cameras everywhere around these teenager groups I was thinking "dude... what the hell are you implying..." really put me off honestly so I'm glad (just like with Aquatope) to be wrong and it didn't go as I expected.

Like, leaving the creepy fan side aside, having cameras all around also made me think that the girls would either embarrass themselves into some controversy or fake being nice in front of the cameras.

Yea. I totally agree with you on that, but no. It turned out they all just acted like themselves and all the drama really did came from their relationships and competition itself. And no girl was really mean for the sake of it or anything. In fact, when I posted I only watched till episode 6, but after that I finished and I was honestly surprised how good this anime was. The company really turned out to be first good idol company to ever exist. It did confirm they indeed had cameras in their bedrooms etc. but as I said, they never had to use footage like that to create drama or interest and in fact, the part of "fans will see their idols true faces without make up etc." really never came up. It was pretty much just normal idol anime.

On another topic Police in Pod has a lot of potential. Plot summary is gay af and MC comments how her new coworker is beautiful, but even if it won't go anywhere, the comedy is great and I really like both characters.

In the Land of Leadale doesn't really have any potential ships yet (well there's daughter of family working at the tavern MC stays in, but she's more of younger sister character), but so far I'm enjoying it. It has some good comedy and I like MC quite a lot.

last edited at Jan 6, 2022 8:41PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Okay, all of the yuri-looking stuff has started. Initial impressions:

Akebi-chan is very pretty and the writing is pretty much CGDCT/iyashikei cranked all the way up. So it seems pretty gay. The problem is that the writing is pretty much CGDCT/iyashikei cranked all the way up. I like me some Kirara series, but the writing here comes off as pretty inane even to me

Cue is generic mobage idol seiyuu garbage. The relationship between the MC and the second-most-important character is definitely yuri-ish, but is it worth putting up with a massive cast of one-note characters for?

Girls' Frontline is pretty much wall-to-wall shootbang action. Might develop some yuri, but it wouldn't be why I'd suggest watching it

Hakozume is an okay comedy with shippable female leads. It's also definitely pro-cop, which may or may not be a deal-breaker for you

PrinConne is back with basically the same staff. No real subtext in the single episode out so far, but I'd be surprised if they dropped it entirely

Slow Loop is a Kirara series. Technically our leads are step-sisters, but their relationship sure doesn't feel familial

joined Aug 29, 2019

So I don't generally watch seasonal anime as they are airing, much less in sub (bite me, dub haters), and don't really care all that much for BL, BUT...

Sasaki and Miyano are JUST SO FUCKING CUTE! I'll be following this one hard (unless it goes south hard, but I loved the first episode).

last edited at Jan 11, 2022 9:43PM

joined May 29, 2020

With the announcement of the new Urusei Yatsura series, I thought I'd mention its yuri potential. How much will depend on how close they follow the manga ( I'll try to sum up here, but see my "Ryuunosuke and Benten: What is their Relationship? (Urusei Yatsura)" video for more on the differences between the manga and the original anime in terms of yuri).

Ryuunosuke is mistaken for a boy all the time and this causes pretty much every girl to fall for her. In both the original anime and manga, most girls still love her after finding out Ryuu is really a girl so it is likely this aspect will be kept.

Ryuu and Benten's relationship was made closer in the original anime thanks to anime original episodes where Benten actually knew Ryuu was a girl all along and seemed happy/accepting of what she thought was Ryuu confessing to her (Ryuu's dad said Ryuu telling Benten to act more feminine was just an awkward way of confessing. This happens in the manga too, but Benten didn't know Ryuu was a girl at that point).

So, if it sticks to the manga, Benten and Ryuu will just have one ep where they become friends nothing more. If they have some anime original eps (or remakes of anime original eps), then we may get something nice from them.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

This might be a bit off-topic, since it's from a while back, but I recently finished Super Cub and I wanted to say that it was very nice, definitely exceeded my expectations. It was just so laid-back and relaxing. It felt like nothing much was happening most of the time, honestly, but somehow that was part of what made it so enjoyable...? if that makes sense. Anyway, it was really good, almost made me want to get a Super Cub myself (almost).

joined Jan 1, 2014

Princess Connect has something for everybody.

sanshouowo Uploader
Output-onlinepngtools(4)
Homusaki Shikibu
joined Jul 10, 2021

watch slow loop
watch sloop
very gay (subtext)
much fishing
thank you

last edited at Feb 1, 2022 1:51AM

joined Jan 1, 2014

^Its the Citrus of fishing anime.

Images
joined Apr 7, 2021

Anyone found Geu Yeoreum yet? Its so close... yet so far away :(

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

I started watching Dolls' Frontline... 'cause I honestly just wanted to see girls with guns lol
Can't say I'm impressed so far. The story isn't really anything new, just robots (girls?) fighting, basically. I won't get into any details —I mean, I didn't even read the synopsis myself before starting it XD

What dissapointed me is that the fights aren't particularly cool or interesting, most of the time they just stand there and shoot. Which is somehow even more unrealistic than other anime, where they miraculously manoeuvre past every bullet...? Like, there will be a rain of bullets targetting them and not even one will hit, even though they haven't moved an inch lol
There is some battle strategy involved, but that isn't especially complex or interesting either.

I didn't really start it expecting some incredibly engaging plot, but I feel like it's lacking in the "girls with guns" department, which I expected would be its selling point...?

As a sidenote, it took me 4 episodes to realise that the main team of dolls consists of four, and not five, members... oops. They're even shown in the opening hahaha
Oh! Speaking of the opening, that might be the most interesting thing this anime has to offer, at least thus far. The visuals are nice and stand out compared to most anime openings.

last edited at Feb 2, 2022 6:46PM

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Selection Project once again affirms my love for idol anime. Enjoyed it a lot. Would have loved it if it went beyond subtext between SuzuRena but damn I just can't help but squee when they hugged. Speaking of, the canon pair of Hiromi and her gf was really cute despite the short moments they had. It wasn't quite out of the blue either since Hiromi's gf showed up in a brief flashback in episode 4. It was nice confirmation that they're going out. Tho you know... a kiss would have been nice. Anyway really loved the music and the dancing was so good. I wish this could have exploded like Love Live.

Sasaki and Miyano are JUST SO FUCKING CUTE! I'll be following this one hard (unless it goes south hard, but I loved the first episode).

Agreed! That was such a cute and fluffy BL anime. I will definitely keep watching. Hoping for the best too.

What dissapointed me is that the fights aren't particularly cool or interesting, most of the time they just stand there and shoot. Which is somehow even more unrealistic than other anime, where they miraculously manoeuvre past every bullet...? Like, there will be a rain of bullets targetting them and not even one will hit, even though they haven't moved an inch lol

It says a lot when Gunslinger Girl from nearly two decades ago has better gunfights.

As a sidenote, it took me 4 episodes to realise that the main team of dolls consists of four, and not five, members... oops. They're even shown in the opening hahaha
Oh! Speaking of the opening, that might be the most interesting thing this anime has to offer, at least thus far. The visuals are nice and stand out compared to most anime openings.

The OP is indeed the best part and arguably the only good part. Been listening to it a lot in between SelePro songs.

Gekidol[A bunch of yuri kisses and its assumed/implied MC ends up with the girl who kissed her/flirts with her, some of the side characters are also canon lesbians]

Was tempted to watch this because of a clip of the girls kissing but looking up the premise, it didn't seem interesting to me.

RadiosAreObsolete
joined Mar 6, 2021

Selection Project once again affirms my love for idol anime. Enjoyed it a lot. Would have loved it if it went beyond subtext between SuzuRena but damn I just can't help but squee when they hugged. Speaking of, the canon pair of Hiromi and her gf was really cute despite the short moments they had. It wasn't quite out of the blue either since Hiromi's gf showed up in a brief flashback in episode 4. It was nice confirmation that they're going out. Tho you know... a kiss would have been nice. Anyway really loved the music and the dancing was so good. I wish this could have exploded like Love Live.

I kinda wanna try it but at the same time I'm not really sure if I want to watch more idol anime in the first place... I've only watched Love Live seasons 1 and 2 (still haven't gotten around to watching the movie) and I also tried Nijigasaki Academy —mostly because I was curious about Ayumu's yandere vibes from short scenes I saw on youtube— but ended up dropping it after episode 5(?) I think. So in the end I didn't even get to see the yandere scenes at all XD
I don't know, I just can't get into them lately...

It says a lot when Gunslinger Girl from nearly two decades ago has better gunfights.

Indeed. As well as more compelling plot/characters and I'd say even a better soundtrack. I'm still hoping they'll actually do something with the characters in Girls' Frontline later in the series (though we're already on episode 5 and my expectations have gotten even lower than they were when starting it), but the gunfights were the one thing I really expected they would get right, yet this is what we got...

joined Jan 1, 2014

Oh dear, oh dear. Oh precious.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

(https://i.imgur.com/GPu5smF.jpg)

nobody can look at this and tell me it's not absolutely fucking gay, no way

last edited at Feb 13, 2022 2:41PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

(https://i.imgur.com/GPu5smF.jpg)

This was the most yuri episode of anything I've seen in a long time, including series actually listed as yuri...

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

I don't follow the anime season, but I feel like I should share this comment that a friend of mine made:

one of my seasonal shows had a literal m/m love confession in its most recent episode, and yet thanks to akebi-chan, that confession is only the second-gayest scene i've seen this week
[insert same image @rederoin posted, but with subs on (saying "I can't wait") here]
akebi-chan isnt even a romance at all! theyre just planning a fishing trip here. and yet,

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Of course an episode about fishing would have lots of bait! lol

On the other hand, Slow Loop is all about fishing and bait but there's no yuri... and yet, it's one of my favorites this season because it's actually really well made, but no better than Akebi hahaha

joined May 29, 2020

Delicious Party♡Precure episode 3 had a princess carry and some affectionate staring during said carry.

Also, this is news is a few weeks old now, but it is very likely that when the Bleach anime comes back the Bleach light novels would also be adapted. This would mean we would get more material of Soi Fon loving Yoruichi (most of the more obvious crushing from the first anime was filler...except for the spying on her showering). These include several instances where characters refer to Soi Fon's crush on Yoruichi (here's some highlights:https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/ha4uhx/comment/fv40jvo/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

To reply you must either login or sign up.