Forum › Posts by AirMasterHoney

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 28 Mar 16:22
joined May 29, 2020

A follow up for the winter season now that most of the shows are ending. Not following up on every show I mentioned since I didn't watch them/someone else has already done a well enough update/no real change from what was initially reported.

Gushing Over Magical Girls: I haven't watched the anime yet since I'm waiting for the "Super uncensored" version on the Blu-Ray, but I did read the manga to a bit past where the anime adapted and I've seen peoples's post about it. It went all the way with the "Room you can't leave unless you have sex" probably being one of the highlights. With it being such a success and BD pre-orders already selling out, it seems like a season 2 will happen.

Delicious in Dungeon: so, turns out this is actually getting 24 episodes so we can actually get more Falin and Marcille moments. So far in the one ep of them being back together we got a bath and bed scene full of subtext

Mato Seihei no Slave (Chained Soldier): one of the girls clearly has a crush on her commander. Also, getting a second season so it might be possible to reach that supposed yuri that happens later in the manga.

Metallic Rouge: "She's my best stranger". Nice little moment.

'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess: from ep 5 onwards the subtext is more noticeable, especially with the introduction of a certain Vampire girl.

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season: so far nothing big with Ryuunosuke but the season isn't over yet.

Pon no Michi: other than one joke about one of the girls getting a gift like a boyfriend would, not really any subtext. Still a good show and seems like we'll get a second season based on the ending.

And now for the surprise of the season: Honkai Star Rail Acheron and Black Swan's animated short. Pretty clear yuri with this one but the official Honaki Star Rail tik tok added text over the video to make it even more blatant.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 06 Feb 16:53
joined May 29, 2020

Thanks for the list. I'll probably just catch up to some of the older stuff then, including every Precure show I haven't finished.

Glad you like it. Hope you enjoy the Pretty Cure seasons (and movies) you plan to watch.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 05 Feb 16:33
joined May 29, 2020

Anything else yuri? Kinda bedge this season as far as I can tell at a glance.

Delicious in Dungeon: apparantly Marcille is very close with Falin with hints that Marcille has feelings for Falin.
That being said so far the goal of the anime has been to find Falin so we may not get any of those moments in the anime.

Mato Seihei no Slave (Chained Soldier): might have some yuri stuff later in the manga (don't know for sure or if it was just for fanservice).
Even if it does, it is far enough into the manga that the anime won't reach it.

Banished from the Hero's Party, I Decided to Live a Quiet Life in the Countryside Season 2: Tisse and Ruti's relationship. It even has several similarities
to the main couple of the show.

Bottom-Tier Character Tomozaki 2nd Stage: First season had Minami Nanami (Mimimi) give some moments so we might get some more of that. Again, nothing big.

Villainess Level 99: apparently has some yuri jokes

Metallic Rouge: two main girls. Some nice interactions between the them but so far no subtext from my perspective

'Tis Time for "Torture," Princess: lots of cute girls. Ep 5 gave a bit of subtext

Urusei Yatsura (2022) 2nd Season: Ryuunosuke will likely continue to unintentionally seduce girls. Depending on the chapters that they adapt,
they could include the chapters where Ryuunosuke lists all her past crushes (all girls) which does highly suggest that she does like girls but is in
denial. Will also likely get an episode with Ryuu and Benten, but unlikely to get a remake of the anime original episode that deepened their bond so
unlikely to get anything big from that ep.

Pon no Michi: 5 sexy girls playing Mahjong. Not much subtext yet

Wonderful Precure!: A Pretty Cure series so potentially subtext

So, some potential lilies could blossom, but so far the most we get out of these will be Tisse and Ruti from Banished from the Hero's Party being in the
"clearly will get together post series" status based on what people say of the light novels and Ryuu being confirmed to have a thing for girls in Urusei Yatsura
if that chapter gets adapated (not like it would lead to Ryuu getting a girlfriend anyway).

Yeah, you're right about this season basically being carried by Gushing Over Magical Girls (which seems to be doing a great job doing just that).

last edited at Feb 5, 2024 7:30PM

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 21 Oct 20:51
joined May 29, 2020

Otona Precure '23 ep 3:

Milk(Kurumi): The day you took care of me was when I started loving apples....and you, Karen.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 13 Oct 23:16
joined May 29, 2020

Girlfriend, Girlfriend season 2 ep 2 once again has Saki state she loves cute girls and stated she loved Shino when they first became friends (granted the context in this case would be "i really like you as my friend" considering Saki and her are only friends but still)

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 08 Oct 23:19
joined May 29, 2020

Some other shows that you should look out for:

The 100 Girlfriends Who Really, Really, Really, Really, Really Love You (Kimi no Koto ga Daidaidaidaidaisuki na 100-nin no Kanojo). Yes, it is a harem (taken to a ridiculous degree) but from my understanding, their are yuri subsects in the harem (both subtext and text).

Girlfriend, Girlfriend season 2. Again harem and less stuff than 100 Girlfriends in terms of yuri, but season 1 provided some moments that indicated that the girls might have some feelings for each other too.

Otona Precure '23: adult pretty cure series. Could let them go further than the main show (which went far in yuri depending on the season) and the trailer seemed to indicate a Karen/Milk moment.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 20 Feb 15:06
joined May 29, 2020

Delicious Party♡Precure episode 3 had a princess carry and some affectionate staring during said carry.

Also, this is news is a few weeks old now, but it is very likely that when the Bleach anime comes back the Bleach light novels would also be adapted. This would mean we would get more material of Soi Fon loving Yoruichi (most of the more obvious crushing from the first anime was filler...except for the spying on her showering). These include several instances where characters refer to Soi Fon's crush on Yoruichi (here's some highlights:https://www.reddit.com/r/bleach/comments/ha4uhx/comment/fv40jvo/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3)

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

The thing is, if they make this way in order to make a proper flow with a good sense of progression, I would be more interested in a distant (maybe not happening) season 2

That is why I thought of rearranging things. I imagine if Virgin's Empire did get an anime, it would be 12-13 eps and plenty of anime have only been getting one season. If they just went in order, we would be "stuck in the build up" part that other yuri anime have experienced (Adachi to Shimamura, Otherside Picnic, New Game,). Not saying that Build is bad, after all it is quite important. It can just be frustrating that on the anime side of thing we don't get the payoffs and would at best get something that is "high subtext/one side confirmed text" (not saying that would fully apply to this specific series, but it could be viewed that way).

By rearranging we get to have the build up and the pay off for certain characters and then come back to the skipped chapters in a possible season 2.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

If this series ever got an anime, how would you want it be structured? Would you want it follow that chapters in order or would you want a bit of rearrangement so that each season would have a sense of progression?

What I mean by the second option is that a good amount of the chapters are episodic so placing them before or after certain other events wouldn't really affect them. For example, the first season, while showing off all the girls, could focus on Ai and Chie and move some chapters to happen in the second season so that the first season could end with their kiss on the Ferris Wheel.

Also, based on the current chapter count and chapter length, an anime would be 41-61 episodes to cover everything.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 12 Jan 21:07
joined May 29, 2020

With the announcement of the new Urusei Yatsura series, I thought I'd mention its yuri potential. How much will depend on how close they follow the manga ( I'll try to sum up here, but see my "Ryuunosuke and Benten: What is their Relationship? (Urusei Yatsura)" video for more on the differences between the manga and the original anime in terms of yuri).

Ryuunosuke is mistaken for a boy all the time and this causes pretty much every girl to fall for her. In both the original anime and manga, most girls still love her after finding out Ryuu is really a girl so it is likely this aspect will be kept.

Ryuu and Benten's relationship was made closer in the original anime thanks to anime original episodes where Benten actually knew Ryuu was a girl all along and seemed happy/accepting of what she thought was Ryuu confessing to her (Ryuu's dad said Ryuu telling Benten to act more feminine was just an awkward way of confessing. This happens in the manga too, but Benten didn't know Ryuu was a girl at that point).

So, if it sticks to the manga, Benten and Ryuu will just have one ep where they become friends nothing more. If they have some anime original eps (or remakes of anime original eps), then we may get something nice from them.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 01 Nov 19:10
joined May 29, 2020

In Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 ep 7 confirmed the little sister has a crush on her female senpai (the same senpai prown to groping so seems like a bright future for those two).

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 06 Oct 20:37
joined May 29, 2020

Hey! look what I found, an animated yuri series made in Korea, called Geu Yeoreum
In a small Korean town, two 18-year-old girls, Suyi and Yi-gyeong, fall in love, dreaming of moving to Seoul together after graduation.
Here's the trailer https://youtu.be/0D8UK0z42ig and a clip https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APcRJWsj9GQ

But I have no way no watch the episodes! no fansub or stream service that works for me...

Wow, nice find. Please keep us posted if you figure out how to see it!

According to MAL, the first ep aired two days ago (https://myanimelist.net/anime/49982/Geu_Yeoreum), so that explains why you couldn't any stream for it. That being said I did a basic search and didn't find anything. Hopefully something pops up soon.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 01 Oct 19:56
joined May 29, 2020

Yuuki Yuuna at it again. Tougou still loves Yuuna (gotta love the nose bleed give away) and will not put up with her getting hurt (even if she isn't actually hurt).

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 27 Sep 19:40
joined May 29, 2020

Getsuyoubi no Tawawa 2 ep 1 had two little moments and more of the regular in Jahy-sama.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 16 Sep 11:45
joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina: two members of the harem have kiss Katarina now. Both are the boy side but hopefully this means everyone in the harem will get a kiss.

I get the feeling that this show doesn't take the girls' feelings so seriously. Maybe that's why I dropped S2.

I disagree since it does acknowledge each girl as a member of the harem and shows their desires for Katarina. Season 2 even had a scene of Mary and Allan talking about their feelings for Katarina. So, I do believe it is serious with the girls' feelings. Whether it goes in a direction that ends up favouring the boys over the girls is another question (which so far I don't agree with either but I do hope the next kiss Katarina gets comes from one of the girls to alleviate any worries).

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 15 Sep 12:15
joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina: two members of the harem have kiss Katarina now. Both are the boy side but hopefully this means everyone in the harem will get a kiss.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 04 Sep 19:52
joined May 29, 2020

Yuuki Yuna S3 - S1/2 where already gay as hell

Yep, will be nice to get more of it (the shorts were nice too, I loved how they had Tougou have a yandere aura when Yuna was being close with Itsuki)

Mieruko-chan - All-girl horror SoL show

I remember hearing this one would have some yuri later on (whether as subtext or something a bit more, I don't remember).

last edited at Sep 4, 2021 7:53PM

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 26 Aug 18:57
joined May 29, 2020

Megami ryou no Ryoubo-kun had some yuri via an elixir affecting a girls university. There is also Serene who formed "contracts" with the dorm girls by kissing them. The girls also seem to like Kiriya.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 19 Aug 19:49
joined May 29, 2020

More moments in Aquatope. It makes me expect yuri more and more.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 15 Aug 18:22
joined May 29, 2020

Idaten: ep 5 had a quick yuri moment.

Way to rapey though.

True, just thought I would mention it since it was something like how I mentioned Redo of Healer having a lesbian (though I never brought up the moments with Flare and Setsuna or Blade's actual episode).

Would definitely prefer proper yuri service. Speaking of which, Megami-ryou no Ryoubo-kun
(Mother of the Goddess' Dormitory) did have a yuri fanservice moment (caused by a potion or something so its not like we would get actual yuri fanservice like Valkyrie Drive).

Blue Ray Reflection: Jealous Ruka and a "I'm your partner, aren't I?!" moment. This show keeps delivering.

Tropical Rouge Pretty Cure had an ep focusing on Asuka and Yuriko (the student council President). Not much yuri tension between them and we still don't have the backstory of what happened between them, but it is interesting to see the usually stoic Yuriko become energetic when competing with Asuka. Maybe they'll have a good yuri showing when the backstory ep happens.

Bakarina: Anne got more focus this episode so that's appreciated. Also, Mary and Maria got to participate in the world of desire this time (even if it was a different desire than the Book from last season)

last edited at Aug 15, 2021 6:27PM

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 12 Aug 22:30
joined May 29, 2020

Idaten: ep 5 had a quick yuri moment.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 08 Aug 22:37
joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina: focus on the girls more this ep and Sophia telling a story where her and Catarina get married.

Aquatope: the girls getting closer and Kukuru asking Fuuka’s mother to let her stay (of course people have already interpreted the scene to be “I’ll take care of your daughter in marriage” and while it isn’t that, seeing posts like that brings me a smile and who knows. Maybe it will become that retroactively).

World Witches ep 2 (Dub): Waltrud Krupinski is still her prevy, lesbian self. Nice to see her again.

Kageki Shoujo: The guy Sarasa was texting was her boyfriend (rip yuri…? I wouldn’t call it yuri bait though since the series itself never really implied yuri. Again, look at Magical’s video to get an idea of the yuri to expect in this series: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7qO2tnOzI&t=861s). This does make Ai jealous though:

“I won’t let that frog [symbol of Sarasa’s boyfriend] outdo me. I wanna give Watanabe-san something she’ll love even more than those roses. After all, she’s the first friend I ever made.”

Hmm, wanting to have her love a gift from you more than her boyfriend’s. Interesting… though you could easily attribute it to her not having any friends before.

Dragon Maid: We got a kiss…in dragon form…while they were trying to kill each other (still counts).

Jahy-sama: Druj is Jahy’s loyal and loving masochist servant. So, there’s that.

last edited at Aug 8, 2021 10:38PM

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 30 Jul 19:46
joined May 29, 2020

I'm hoping after that the other members of the harem will get to kiss Katarina after this episode.

Also, in Kanojo mo kanojo once again has Saki calling Nagisa hot.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 30 Jul 12:11
joined May 29, 2020

Aquatope finally had a little moment this week with the two main girls holding each others' cheeks while blushing and the girls just growing closer together. Still probably best to watch it like any CGDCT or magical girl anime and think "there might be yuri" and not "this will definitely be yuri", but it is nice to finally have a yuri moment.

The last Bakarina episode delivered on a promised hug and the ending will definately make this weeks episode interesting (still hoping that if Bakarina becomes less dense we get a harem ending since I can't choose just one of the girls).

The last ep of Strike Witches Road to Berlin is dubbed and the first ep of World Witches is now dubbed.

Dragon Maid is still dragon maid with its display of yuri. Enjoyable as always.

Higurashi Sotsu still on the answer arcs and no yuri. Probably won't get any till we catch up to Gou.

Idaten is airing and I think it was this thread that mentioned something yuri happening in the manga. Currently no yuri in the 3 episodes have aired.

AirMasterHoney
Anime season 18 Jul 14:00
joined May 29, 2020

Tropical Rouge Pretty Cure just had Laura and Manatsu share a bed. Nice to have some more shipping moments and it reminded me of Nagisa and Honoka back in the original (though I do know sharing a bed has happened since then).