Forum › Anime season

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Guanxi is canonically a lesbian and in a relationship with 4 girls.

oh wow, incoming yuri harem. I haven't read the manga, but when I saw the question of yuri I was thinking it would be like Jujutsu Kaisen. Was already planning to watch it but now I have a little something extra to look forward to (kind of like Higurashi Gou for me).

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

CSM spoiler I mean everyone die beside 3 characters anyway so

last edited at Jun 27, 2021 7:24PM

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Video going over possible yuri shows releasing this summer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be7qO2tnOzI

Mostly stuff we talked about here, but I few things that weren't in the list post (or the two shows mentioned in the response comment) and trying to give us an idea of the level of yuri for each show (Most notable in this video is him discussing Kageki Shoujo).

He mentions how spring was kind of a draught for yuri. I'd have to look back to verify, but Blue Ray Reflection and Killing SLimes for 300 Years were/are pretty satisfying in terms of yuri (and I have the benefit of watching the Strike Witches Road to Berlin dub now)

The most blatant omission though seemed to be Bakarina S2. Considering half her harem is women (and even a manga spinoff specifically about her interactions with the girls) you'd think it would be mentioned. Oh well.

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

Anybody here has seen the wonder egg priority special? Was it decent?

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

First half was a recap second half is new stuff. I enjoyed it, definitely leaves a lot of stuff for a season 2 rather then answering it now.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

Not as terrible as people make it out to be, I'd say mostly at par with the latter half of the series (which I wasn't too keen on though). Confusing though.

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

Read everything people wrote here....... Yeaaah ok it's settled.
This season, I watch Bakarina. And that's it.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina S2. Man, it is good to have this back. Our favourite baka is just as dense as always (with only Nichol and Maria partially breaking through) and everyone in her harem knows it. Also, that Mary moment had me smiling (you'll know the one).

New girl Susanna already offering to hug Katarina: "I'm only joking...this time".

Opening was fine, I do prefer the first though.

Cornonthekopp
D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Somehow Bakarina simultaneously feels like there’s bias against all the girls in her harem, while still making them a better ship than any of the guys (Alan’s cool, the rest of them can go away)

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Entertaining in how bafflingly bad it is. It's the last episode, but time to set up a new direction for the plot! And absolve the male characters of any guilt

E-iue9kvqaa8rk1
joined Mar 29, 2019

I see, thanks for the replies!

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Watched first episode of Kanojo mo Kanojo out of curiosity and I have to say, I was positively surprised. It was so hilarious, I was crying from laughter. It's a really nice take on polyamorous relationship and so far doesn't feel forced and characters are likeable, or at least, have enough personality. But the most important thing, first gf actually openly admits being attracted to second gf, so there's also potential for some yuri. Going by opening, there'll apparently be 2 girls more, which I'm not that happy with, since I like the main trio. I guess I should at least wait and see if they'll be as likeable as 3 current characters, before judging it.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Watched first episode of Kanojo mo Kanojo out of curiosity and I have to say, I was positively surprised.But the most important thing, first gf actually openly admits being attracted to second gf, so there's also potential for some yuri.

Oh really. I only read the first part of the myanimelist summary so I only saw the "two-timing" part. After your post, I read the whole summary and think I'll check it out.

In other news (which is a few days old now), Ikki Tousen is getting a new anime. It'll be nice to see this again and for those who need a reminder of the yuri in it, Kan-u loves Ryuubi and we can probably expect some other stuff via fanservice.

Also, any yuri in the first two episodes of Higurashi Sotsu? No specfics since I'm still on Gou (they just entered the girls school).

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Iruma-kun S2 ep 4 was dubbed. The character Eiko seemed to like the student president. Even the after credits scene showed her unable to choose between her and Iruma (who she has feelings for meaning the feelings she has for the president are more than just admiration).

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Bakarina: a nice little play episode though it’s not entirely sunshine and rainbows.

Aquatope: The show we think could be yuri but aren’t sure yet. So, what does the first episode give us? Not much considering Fuuka and Kukuru only meet at the end of the episode, though they both have had a strange experience in the aquarium (not together). Kukuru is mentioned to care more about fishing and such then other things so I’m sure that will start to change. Also, the fortune teller and interesting kid remind me of the ones from Adachi and Shimamura, not exactly in how they act, just that there here.

Kanojo mo Kanojo: “So cute and big-boobed and irresistible!”. Once Nagisa mentions that she’d be okay with a threesome as long as it what Naoyo (the guy) wants. This causes Saki to add horny to the previous list and state “Even I want to be your girlfriend!”. Later when she sees that Naoyo set up the three futons together, Saki states he was trying to do something naughty, especially to Nagisa. When Naoyo denies this, Saki says “But if I were you, I totally would!”. Yeah, I think this and the first episode firmly establish that Saki does have some attraction to Nagisa. Nagisa might have similar feelings given her reaction to Saki tweeting that she wanted to get closer to her. Nice to have mutual love between the girls in a harem.

Strike Witches Road to Berlin (dub): Sanya and Eila ep last time and that’s always a treat. Not much yuri in ep 9, but a nice episode for Mina (and of course her episode eyecatch would have her holding Mio). Also, the dub version currently up is still censored even though the uncensored blu-ray is out.

Blue Reflection Ray: Ruka and Hiori had some fun watering the garden. Hiori teases Miyako about her talking with Saiki on the phone by saying that she had a crush on her. Another two girls have some nice interactions too. Miyako still wearing the same bracelet as Momo.

last edited at Jul 9, 2021 9:02PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Opera Girl! looks interesting so far and might have some potential for yuri, but I doubt it. Hanigare rip-off (The Aquatope on White Sand) seems good so far and have a lot of potential, mostly for good story, but also for yuri.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Anyone feels that in Bakarina S2 OP they toned down the yuri way too much? They only focused on the guys with no intimate screen time for the girls.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Anyone feels that in Bakarina S2 OP they toned down the yuri way too much? They only focused on the guys with no intimate screen time for the girls.

Not really, though I do get why you'd think that. Everyone has still shown interest in Katarina and we've had Mary moments in both ep 1 (calling out Keith for taking advantage of his situation while talking about doing the same thing) and ep 2 (trying to help get the cue card and offering to play the love interest of Katarina). Even the boys getting more attention during the play was only because Sophia wanted to help her brother get closer to Katarina which in turn will let her be close to Katarina.

In terms of the new characters, I think only the girl has shown interest in Katarina so far and we only just met her so it seems like we got more yuri to come.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Watched the first 3 episodes of Higurashi Sotsu. Good to be all caught up. In terms of yuri, nothing really since its focusing on being the answer arc for Gou. That said, we do have the opening. In the opening, we see both Rika and Satoko go in for a kiss, though of course stopping before actually doing it. Now having yuri stuff happen in an opening/ending and not having anything in the show is a thing that happens and that has happened in Higurashi before. Of course, this time we know from the ending of Gou and the confirmation by the director that Satoko loves Rika. The interesting part is Rika going in for the kiss. This could indicate that she feels the same way and a later shot in the opening shows her grab a falling Satoko possibly showing that she does want to redeem Satoko.

Watched the first 3 episodes of Higurashi Sotsu. Good to be all caught up. In terms of yuri, nothing really since its focusing on being the answer arc for Gou. That said, we do have the opening. In the opening, we see both Rika and Satoko go in for a kiss, though of course stopping before actually doing it. Now having yuri stuff happen in an opening/ending and not having anything in the show is a thing that happens and that has happened in Higurashi before. Of course, this time we know from the ending of Gou and the confirmation by the director that Satoko loves Rika. The interesting part is Rika going in for the kiss. This could indicate that she feels the same way and a later shot in the opening shows her grab a falling Satoko possibly showing that she does want to redeem Satoko.

last edited at Jul 10, 2021 7:48PM

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

I take back what I said about Opera Girl!. It has yuri potential after all. Two main leads hold hands in opening.

Untitled
joined May 2, 2018

I don't think Aquatope is going to be yuri. There was no hint of it even in the first episode, and it would be quite a daring mid-story reveal to pull off in a big scale production probably involving the Okinawa tourism business.

(edit: not that I mind, Nettaigyo x Children of the Sea sounds good anyway)

last edited at Jul 11, 2021 9:23AM

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Love Live Superstar is out. Kanon seemed like a contrast to past Love Live main characters so that was a nice surprise..

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

I don't think Aquatope is going to be yuri. There was no hint of it even in the first episode, and it would be quite a daring mid-story reveal to pull off in a big scale production probably involving the Okinawa tourism business.

(edit: not that I mind, Nettaigyo x Children of the Sea sounds good anyway)

Could go either way. Just have to wait and see. I mean it was only the first episode so its still got time to be yuri if it chooses to be (like, kirakira pretty cure didn't have Yukari or Akira in its first ep (or at the very least not together, its been a while) but that didn't stop them from being a sweet couple later on and on the mangaka's twitter).

I get the idea of because Okinawa tourism business is involved that means yuri is a no go, but we have Uma Musume Pretty Derby which has the characters based off of real horses and look at all the subtext it has.

Tumblr_pt8ll4hf781saqlhvo1_500
joined Mar 12, 2018

Watched Koyashi-san S2 first episode. It was fun, the animation is gorgeous (loved the fight between Iruru and Tohru). But I found the fanservice quite annoying, the close-ups on the boobs every two minutes made me roll my eyes so hard. I hope they will ton it down in the next episodes.

AirMasterHoney
joined May 29, 2020

Ok, so since Higurashi Sotsu opening is suggesting Rika might have feelings for Satoko, let's look to the past to see how she feels.

In a bonus manga released along with the magical girl ova, Rika says she wants to kiss Satoko and calls her "my wife" (https://twitter.com/ohonipah/status/1414603903115661312).

Also, someone replied to a reddit post of this and said that Rika was gay in Hinamizawa Bus Stop (the the original script of higurashi later turned into a manga) (https://www.reddit.com/r/Higurashinonakakoroni/comments/oizavm/the_manga_with_the_higurashi_kira_bd_has/h5150de/?utm_source=reddit&utm_medium=web2x&context=3).

Now, both of these cases are non-canon but they can give us an idea of whether we can believe the opening or not (like how the fact we knew Satoko was gay makes the opening almost kiss more meaningful rather than assuming its just a weird opening thing that means nothing)

To reply you must either login or sign up.