Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

Oh no, straight into the arc where her Mom is going to try to seperate them. I REALLY want her to talk to Tong Tong's Mom as I say she would tell to shove it and the let the two be happy which is what I would love to see.

That sounds very plausible. Tong Tong's mom has been extremely supportive of their relationship so far. Xiao Lu's mom otoh... we don't know yet what's her take on lesbian lifestyles, but everything we have seen so far suggests that she won't be very happy. Consider that even if her daughter was dating a boy she'd undoubtly throw a fit—when she finds Xiao Lu is dating a girl it's gonna be UGLY.

Well I hope they can keep it a secret from her for a lo-o-ong time. I want to see them happily exploring their newfound love and doing all the exciting things a couple of girlfriends can do. I don't want them to fall into an angst storyarc the very moment they have become lovers. ( ͡ಠ ʖ̯ ͡ಠ)

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Well I hope they can keep it a secret from her for a lo-o-ong time. I want to see them happily exploring their newfound love and doing all the exciting things a couple of girlfriends can do. I don't want them to fall into an angst storyarc the very moment they have become lovers.

You know it's going to happen sooner or later, right?

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 10:53AM

joined Apr 6, 2019

Well I hope they can keep it a secret from her for a lo-o-ong time. I want to see them happily exploring their newfound love and doing all the exciting things a couple of girlfriends can do. I don't want them to fall into an angst storyarc the very moment they have become lovers.

You know it's going to happen sooner or later, right?

This manhua owes us two scenes. One where Tong Tong takes Xiao Lu to her mom, tells her they are now going out, and thanks her profusely because "I couldn't have won her heart without your advice, mom!" (Leading to Tong Tong's mom and Xiao Lu making some odd faces.) The other one, in future chapters, showing how Tong Tong's mom and Xiao Lu's mom meet each other for the first time and talk about this lesbian thing their daughters are doing. (And most likely start catfighting and trying to pull each other's hair out, heh heh.)

Kaseyamada
joined Jun 28, 2019

The Chinese language prolly has some sort of onomatopoeia of its own for hearbeats...

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

please could you tell me where you read the raw or send me the link?

Mori Rose, who is a wonderful person, a fantastic friend and a superlatively marvelous human being, provided us with the raws up to chapter 33.

This is Mori Rose's link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1RyRphzqOFUtan3baDOrLS9PkFMqslmLR?usp=sharing

joined Jul 23, 2019

Similarly, the topic of hearts and onomatopoeia in an unreleased chapter really has no place here either.

What about vocabulary in chapters that were already released and uploaded to the reader?
(Making sure coz, in case it's ok, I've questions to ask.)

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Released is fine.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

riverFlower posted:

Released is fine.

Yes.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Released is fine.

Ok then I'm very curious about this onomatopeia thing. According to Akiji's guide the right sound effect for heart thumping in Chinese is "peng peng" and I guess that's what Chinese mangaka (or manhua authors, whatever the word) normally use in their works to express someone's excited feelings. But the writing of the Chinese language isn't based on phonetic symbols; in fact using Roman letters or Japanese kana for sound effects would totes make sense as those are phonetic symbols. So I wonder, when a Chinese writer decides to go national and stick with "peng peng" or other onomatopeia which are specifically Chinese-sounding, how do they do it? Perhaps use a random ideogram with a random meaning but which sounds the right way?

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Not that I've seen it but they could just write the onomatopeia like you just did. "peng peng" / "dong dong", etc. Just like how it'd work with Japanese dokidoki and all that. Chinese does have a romanization lol. It's the pinyin system that everyone uses to type out characters.

0efb8bf62c19afa02b5c72ee2ff00759
joined May 6, 2021

this is so cute

joined Apr 6, 2019

Ok then I'm very curious about this onomatopeia thing. According to Akiji's guide the right sound effect for heart thumping in Chinese is "peng peng" and I guess that's what Chinese mangaka (or manhua authors, whatever the word) normally use in their works to express someone's excited feelings. But the writing of the Chinese language isn't based on phonetic symbols; in fact using Roman letters or Japanese kana for sound effects would totes make sense as those are phonetic symbols. So I wonder, when a Chinese writer decides to go national and stick with "peng peng" or other onomatopeia which are specifically Chinese-sounding, how do they do it? Perhaps use a random ideogram with a random meaning but which sounds the right way?

Every Chinese character has a sense and a sound. By "sense" I mean the idea or the thing symbolized by the character. By "sound" I mean the way it is pronounced.

You can use Chinese characters in a textual way, to form sentences and express your thoughts, or you can use them as onomatopoeia, to phonetically imitate sounds of noises from the world. If it's the latter, then you don't need to pay attention to the sense of the character, as only the sound matters.

I know of two ways to suggest the noise of a heart beating fast: 怦怦 (pēng pēng) and 扑通扑通 (pūtōng pūtōng). The first one (pēng) can be translated as "thumping" or "palpitating" and is used in normal speech to describe a beat-like sound; thus it makes perfect sense as a Chinese equivalent to ba-thump ba-thump or doki doki. The second one (pūtōng) has become very popular lately among comic artists who seem to think it's closer to the sound of actual hearbeat... however in this case you must ignore the meaning of the two characters, as it has little to do with hearts or beating noises

A833b0da-ef0f-4898-8593-d053f3beae0c
joined Feb 25, 2017

Just so everyone is aware, this series is now complete! It had to end abruptly due to the authors personal circumstances.

If you can’t wait until it’s translated here, all the raws are available to read on the mobile app 日更计划 (pink app icon, RIGENG). Please support the author on that app for as little as $1 a month! You can find the story plastered all over the front page of the app, or search for it by the original Chinese title: 关于被班上绿茶威胁那件事

There are 37 chapters in total, with some small extras on the way!

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

So devastated this manga is ending abruptly, it's been a huge cope mechanism for me. Thanks for the update....

Scool%20zone
joined Jul 5, 2020

Just so everyone is aware, this series is now complete! It had to end abruptly due to the authors personal circumstances.

Damn, that's a shame, this series quickly became one of my favourite manhua ever, up there with Tamen de Gushi. Granted, I don't really read that much manhua, but still. Was really looking forward to every new chapter.

Akarin%20idk
joined Jan 2, 2017

If you can’t wait until it’s translated here, all the raws are available to read on the mobile app 日更计划 (pink app icon, RIGENG). Please support the author on that app for as little as $1 a month! You can find the story plastered all over the front page of the app, or search for it by the original Chinese title: 关于被班上绿茶威胁那件事

There are 37 chapters in total, with some small extras on the way!

That's a real shame, but I'll take the fact that they got together and kissed as a success nonetheless. I hope the best for the author

Sheenah_the_Dino
Hetero%20vibes
joined Sep 25, 2021

The Chinese language prolly has some sort of onomatopoeia of its own for hearbeats...

Alsdkjfalsdkfjsdfl I'm crying that's definitely not how you say that in Dutch. The normal way to describe a heartbeat in Dutch is probably something like "badoem badoem", or some variation on that. But "boenk boenk" just sounds very dumb haha.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

lol Tong Tong is me

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

That's so fucked up.

joined Dec 4, 2017

which evangelion scene? hmm

joined Jul 21, 2021

honestly good for them, this series ended at a point where its concluded and I'm happy for it. can't say I won't miss it though

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

lol Tong Tong is me

Also me, at every Global Game Jam. "Welp, time to learn a new engine!" [after a 20 minutes basics tutorial] "Welp, it's back to Unity again!"

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Tong Tong is precious and must be protected at all cost.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What's the source for the series ending specifically because of personal circumstances? I've looked through all their comments on the Kuaikan app from December through January without seeing anything they said about that.

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

Wait... it's not fully scanlated, right? That comment says there are 37 chapters, not 27. That means we still get ten more chapters, don't we?

To reply you must either login or sign up.