Forum › Posts by Catmaster

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

mari reimu <3 its been a while

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

wow this is really fucked up. this borders on psychological horror for me. I'm hooked.

joined Jul 21, 2021

Finally some good food.
Been a while.

joined Jul 21, 2021

slight update; these would probably be more akin to trope analysis than a direct summary (theoretically if someone is in the comments section they've either read the story or wouldn't want it spoiled.

joined Jul 21, 2021

with the exception of a few that I find distasteful I've been going through and recording a brief summary of each touhou doujin I read while I read them all back in chronological order. would it be alright for me to post those summaries in the comments or would that be considered spam/spoilers.

joined Jul 21, 2021

Dang, Marisa didn’t even pull out Nitori
Witches in this are some cold motherf’s i tell ya :/

Nitori was killed. By Alice and Patchy. thus Marisa leaving them to die.

joined Jul 21, 2021

this is Sakuya x Youmu innit? or is the blushing just subtext?

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

fun and sweet, the regulars are great.. this is the fun vibe of a story I want more of.

joined Jul 21, 2021

oh also there are totally women who use he/him. so yes. he/him lesbians. I don't make the rules because making rules on these things would be really stupid when the only drawback is people in comment sections getting mad about "the sanctity of language."

joined Jul 21, 2021

You don't get to decide where to draw the lines, noone does.

https://i.ibb.co/09mLgMs/english-language.jpg

Dictionaries catalogue usages so people can communicate with each other, but no one person decides what a word means

Isn't that the point tho? She can't decide a different meaning for a word and then demand that everyone follow her—instead of following the dictionary.

The statement "noone decides where to draw the lines" is quite funny. Everyone's language is a private language? Words have no definitions? Really?

yes..
that is a correct statement.
All language is based on interpretation.
to pretend otherwise is really.
really. dumb.

consider the word I used there, dumb: Oxford's dictionary defines it as "temporarily unable or unwilling to speak" or "stupid."

one was far more prevalent, I'd say even before the year 500 when english was born and lady was spelled leifdeigh.
getting mad over it is stupid (I see the irony)

TLDR: yes, everyone's language IS a private language, and words do have definitions that are often ignored.
Hope this helps!

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

wow I have to be the first to comment it?
...and they were roommates

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

the counterculture "immortality is cool again actually" and its inverse are both primarily fought on 3 main fronts

Loneliness is awful; therefore eternal loneliness is worse, and it is fundamentally impossible to lose people and make new connections forever

eventually every planet you go to will be reduced to unusable inert dust and the entire universe will reach its heat death with you stuck floating there.

and lastly, and perhaps most debatable; the idea that our lives being finite is what gives them meaning.
the frankly asinine implication that an immortal lifespan would make all our accomplishments meaningless as we watched them crumble to dust in our hands. Artwork, family monuments all gone in a century.

I'm going to address that last one first because I think its frankly insulting to the concept of creation.
the argument goes (I think) that anything we make art or otherwise will lose all value by means of its language being forgotten and its pages/pillars/posts/prerequisites all being obliterated and lost to time would mean that it would be better to have never created in the first place, because there can be no "meaningful" changes in an infinite lifetime.

First off, this is wrong and anyone who makes this argument is also wrong, this point is not up for debate. the things we create and do are lost/forgotten in our own lifetime except for in the most literal sense of our cause/effect on this universe and second, to imply that action has no meaning beyond its function is to imply that things like reading and writing only exist for that short dopamine hit, that to write a poem and then burn its only copy would be a meaningless activity. I sincerely hope this argument stands for itself because if not the rest of this is going to be a tough sell

the second one is... correct-ish? I'd assume that the immortality in this hypothetical is irrevocable otherwise it kinda defeats the point and the obvious answer is just wait until a sufficiently advanced civilization frees you of your curse.
Barring that however, the universe will end but I don't think that anything that the theoretical immortal has to worry about?
If they're like kagu-moku getting sent into space wouldn't cause them to die and respawn indefinitely because they would run out oxygen in their blood in their sleep over, and over until they landed somewhere habitable.
Like a really bad cryosleep, they would wake up on some isolated star system with breathable air or that could never happen but either way no hair off their back.

Finally, the first point I made: loneliness is awful.
This one is admittedly hard. I'm going to exclude the theoretically valid "remove the pain of loneliness through brain surgery" option because if our immortal could do that they could probably lobotomize themselves and that dodges the question.

basically: yes loneliness is awful. One of the most awful things actually, and its easy to believe that after a while one would get sick of repeating that over, and over, and over however, I think its silly to imply they would give up on people "forever" I don't think thats possible. (until heat death, wherein idea 2 gets applied) but there's another option that people don't consider.

Immortality =/= perfect memory.

now depending on your perspective this might turn this from a defense of immortality into psychological horror but there is a likely chance that the immortal could live their life well into heat death without infinite suffering because they simply don't remember the million people they've met and promises they've made.
I'd argue that (in this instance) this is not only a good thing but the only way that living could function, we barely remember minor details throughout our lifetimes and ours are notable not infinite. An immortal would not only have nothing to gain from a perfect memory but it would actually almost guarantee that they could never enjoy immortal life without a literal unbreakable will.

TLDR: people give immortality too hard a time but it would be difficult as its life (which is hard but good) forever.

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

this artist is really good.
hope he makes something new soon, I'd love to buy his series if ever I get the chance.

Catmaster
joined Jul 21, 2021

Tokiko's problem isn't that she lacks empathy, it's that she's an idiot and an asshole. It's not that difficult to intellectually understand people are upset and act accordingly without feeling real empathy or even sympathy. Not that she should respond perfectly like a trained therapist, but the things she has said at each death have been practically calculated to anger people the maximum amount. Her insight when she's talking to her friend is nice, but she acts like a completely different and much worse person with everyone else. It's too bad big sis is suddenly gone because I was interested to see if she would open up to her the same way as with her friend.

this also... isn't her problem?
she doesn't understand the reasoning behind such an action even though she COULD do that she seems to consider it a waste of her time as all it would do is shallowly make it seem like she was less suspicious than she is which she visibly has no investment in.
Additionally, she doesn't care how people perceive her and straight up doesn't sympathize with/ doesn't care that this is distressing her family so much besides a token "I think its bad they feel bad, just not enough to act on it."

I also think this is the point, she's not a good person she's actually an infuriating one to read about as the main character because she's the functional villian.
also I'm curious instead of killing someone someone killed HER and these deaths are the cost for her continued life.
might explain the white hair/lack of emotion but I also might just be wrong.

joined Jul 21, 2021

doki doki waku waku

Catmaster
Yukino Plan discussion 02 May 02:45
joined Jul 21, 2021

wow that was fucked. I don't usually comment but I seem to be on a roll with finding disturbing/fucked up comics on here.
I'm honestly slightly concerned by the number of people who think this is a romantic comedy and not like.... a psychological horror.
certainly not for me.

joined Jul 21, 2021

honestly good for them, this series ended at a point where its concluded and I'm happy for it. can't say I won't miss it though

joined Jul 21, 2021

"Single minor character"? I don't know if you can read or maybe you're blind but I mentioned some other characters before Mineta.

And also, people who can't accept that kinda protest is just people who feels insulted by it. I don't care about what they think, I don't care about how the manga represents males, even though I'm a male and you know what? Cause I don't have that kinda reasoning, and I too complain when I see Bakugo and Todoroki badass pose and suit and 1 second later Ashido's tits.

Single minor character? I would rather call it revolting subtext

Only Mineta is actually a sexual caricature you tit.
The female characters are no more sexualized than the males, you just don't notice it because you're not the audience.

How many shirtless scenes have the ripped, peak-human male characters had by now?
How often have male characters suffered clothing damage that exposes them in attractive ways?
How many male characters have started out weird-looking just to transform into bishounen-gorgeous pretty-boys?

I suppose you're not gonna complain about how Lemillion has had to fight butt-naked multiple times because "oh that's just because his quirk works like that" but of course Yaoyorozu having to wear a skimpy outfit because it helps her quirk is "disgustingly sexist and exploitative" or something along those lines.

MHA has plenty of non-sexualized female characters, as well as sexualized male characters and vice versa.
Get your head out of your ass. Comparing this manga's "Literally all male characters are horrible sexual caricatures while the women are sensible but victims controlled by the patriarchy(tm)" to MHA's well balanced and infinitely much more realistic fanservice moments is utterly laughable, and only serves to show off the feminism goggles you're wearing.

thank god you're fighting this misandry...
boob twinker...

joined Jul 21, 2021

honestly reading some of these comments, yall need to chill if you feel the need to "defend the male gender"
1: don't.
2: seriously thats stupid, don't do that.
I don't comment like ever but honestly this is silly and fun, let it be that.

joined Jul 21, 2021

this is super interesting! keep up the good work!