Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

joined Jan 23, 2022

You gotta wonder why the Magia Trio are chasing them at all. They do nothing to people. They just turn up, and the magical girls are immediately like "evildoers, we will destroy you".

It's kinda like they deserve the torture they get...

Like, they don't seem to even be smart enough to notice Baiser isn't killing them even though she has every opportunity to.

Remember Baiser not the only villains in the story and her intension is to mess the magical trio
they been fighting monster before that and they know Beiser can create monster + recently monster destroy the city once so

joined Jul 4, 2018

speedy sea cucumber

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

I really like the friendship in this chapter between Utena and Kiwi, they make a great team. I also love how Kiwi is just casually messing with them by drawing and making a house of cards.

Speed Sea Cucumber

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Comedy was on point but poor Magenta's suffering really brought things down. Like she feels especially vulnurable for some reason. Some Enormeeta spanking is in order me thinks.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Same, I don't like it when Magenta suffers. ><

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Comedy was on point but poor Magenta's suffering really brought things down. Like she feels especially vulnurable for some reason.

Because unlike the masochistic Azul or the defiantly confrontational Sulphur, she is not powered up by violence directed at her. She actually reacts to it how a sane, "normal" person would, which makes her uniquely vulnerable in the world of high-powered, libido-driven magical girls. I am very curious what her La Verita form will be.

last edited at Jan 24, 2022 4:24PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Hey, let's not forget that this is the same Magenta who gave us this.

And you can't possibly tell me she doesn't know exactly where these are going...

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

Part of me thinks the 3 girls represent 3 different methods of submission. There's the confrontational, like the brat or the SAM (smart-assed masochist), which would fit Sulfur. There's the eager submissive, akin to Azul. And Magenta reads as the one in denial. Having desires but not feeling able to express them. That type of mentality is why a lot of people comment about feeling 'free' in bondage and restraints; they don't have to be a "good girl" and operate off of the learned social and personal values they were raised with. They aren't "responsible" for what happens. They can just be free to experience, without guilt.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Ah, but let's also not forget about the cutest mosquito girl ever, even with a proper transparent belly so you can see it when she's eaten full.

joined Jun 5, 2018

Damn, wasnt quick enough for the speedy sea cucumber comment...

Speedy sea cucumber.

joined Jul 26, 2016

That magic circle is kinda cool tho

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmm I don't find it that bad, I think Baiser has been hit harder and with more cruelty "in the name of justice" or by the previous evil lord to the point where she was half dead.

random posted:

That magic circle is kinda cool tho

That was one of my favorite parts

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

Hey, let's not forget that this is the same Magenta who gave us this.

This actually supports my idea; Magenta's totally cool with the idea until Baiser reminds her about the whole "learned values/morals" idea about showing your body off, at which point she starts to turn red.

4fe5eecd-bb71-4108-8d32-020d4e723c02
joined Oct 3, 2018

"Utena is an incredibly compelling lead and I eagerly await her pursuits."

*superpowered mosquitoes*

"This criminal is the enemy of humanity and must be brought to justice by Tres Magia."

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 1:58PM

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

The bendy straw really makes the moesquito work.

Speedy sea cucumber.

last edited at Jan 27, 2022 5:11PM

Lewdssss
joined Mar 23, 2019

That kidnapping really was top tier. As was the ass shark.

I also like the ass shark, lol

NamiBlueFeather
Riinu
joined Jun 10, 2019

From the way things were at the beginning… we’ve sure wandered down a dark path, haven’t we?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I guess play time is over for real

Are%20you%20sorry2
joined Sep 14, 2020

I guess the end is near huh, this manga has been a wild ride for me. Thanks for the translation!

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

How many stars does that even count as?

joined Oct 2, 2021

"This isn't even my final form"
Baiser-chan February 2022

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I guess the end is near huh, this manga has been a wild ride for me. Thanks for the translation!

Don't know if it's nearing the actual ending of the manga. I expect them all to join forces before that happens. Against the obvious real villain.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

Holy fuck. I wonder what comes after this. This is some point of no return shit, like a video game would stop you at the beginning of the chapter and ask you to save one last time. We're in serious territory now, and there's no telling what direction it's gonna go.

Is this like, Baiser getting too caught up in her dominant/sadist role and forgetting about reasonable restraints and stuff? Is it about to turn into some dark shit? Or is this more like, she's casting aside the "saturday morning cartoon" thing where she roots for the magical girls, and being truly honest about her desires?

Speaking of which, Magenta's transformation was really kinda unusual. It doesn't seem BDSM-y at all--honestly, it seems kind of vanilla. Which, come to think of it, might be the point. But there's not really enough material here for an analysis IMO.

On the same note, it seems like the overarching plan is finally coming to fruition, with that emphasis on the mascots. Is this something sinister? Is it a fake-out or a subversion? Who knows.

It's been a long journey, but it seems everything is finally all coming together.

I can't wait to see what comes next. What an excellent (early) birthday present!

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 8:49PM

joined Oct 22, 2021

this chapter feels as if it needed like 10 more pages. A bit too chaotic.

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

Speaking of which, Magenta's transformation was really kinda unusual. It doesn't seem BDSM-y at all--honestly, it seems kind of vanilla. Which, come to think of it, might be the point. But there's not really enough material here for an analysis IMO.

Both it and Baiser's new form are rather flowery, if nothing else.

To reply you must either login or sign up.