Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

Speaking of which, Magenta's transformation was really kinda unusual. It doesn't seem BDSM-y at all--honestly, it seems kind of vanilla. Which, come to think of it, might be the point. But there's not really enough material here for an analysis IMO.

Magenta's transformation feels like aftercare. Where you make sure everything's alright, comfort in case of emotional imbalance, etc. As for Baiser....black roses is a common symbol of kink. The local group in DC is in fact called The Black Rose. The fact that roses are beautiful, but can have thorns, has them being a common symbol; THE beginner manual from the 90s on is called "Screw the Roses, Send me the Thorns".

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

Speaking of which, Magenta's transformation was really kinda unusual. It doesn't seem BDSM-y at all--honestly, it seems kind of vanilla. Which, come to think of it, might be the point. But there's not really enough material here for an analysis IMO.
everything is finally all coming together.

It probably is the point. Magenta comes across as the most stereotypical magical girl, and purity is typically a major theme for them. It makes sense that, since this story is all about accepting fetishes, it would acknowledge & accept that some people don’t really have any.
Edit:

Magenta's transformation feels like aftercare.

Ooh, good point.

I

As for the chapter, I do think we’re reaching a tipping point, but I’m not sure it’s the endgame. We’ve yet to see Loco & Leber’s La Veritas, and this latest development doesn’t strike me as being Baiser’s. If anything, it’s the opposite, what with the Utena/Baiser split thing. I don’t think she’s actually developing a split personality, but she’s clearly doesn’t have the self-acceptance required for La Verita.

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 9:43PM

joined Aug 10, 2016

Baiser went full OMORI bad ending

joined Aug 10, 2016

Also to contribute to the discussing of this probably not being the end, there needs to be at least one chapter where they realize Venalita and the other mascot are just using both sides (one for merchandising and whatever Venalita's end goal is), and Alice still hasn't used her Gunpla as her ultimate powered up attack.

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

So baiser finally became the ultimate perv and also an exhibitionist. 11/10 looking forward to the next chapter

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 10:02PM

catsfootironclaw
Imagem_2021-10-09_150323
joined Oct 9, 2021

she's a demon

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I doubt this is close to the end, if anything I predict 10 or 20 more chapters at the very least .... 100 in my wet dreams

Murasmol5min
joined Mar 11, 2014

hey remember how the title page for chapter 3 already presented a split of sorts between baiser and utena.
of course the context at the time was that utena was in denial about how much she liked the horny stuff, but if it turns out that was the set up for This i think im going to lose my mind

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Looks like Baiser got tired of Utena throwing.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

utena´s on sabbatical honey

Gt00pn-odpc
joined Sep 30, 2017

This is getting a little dumb... But lets see where it goes, I guess?

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

that panel with kiwi looking at the black rose is so omninous, i swear to god if something bad happens to kiwi im gonna be real mad, probably gonna cry a little

last edited at Feb 21, 2022 10:35PM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Oh no. It is Super Pervert 3! Wonder why Utena was thinking about ending it though? Is she tired of all this?

joined Apr 10, 2021

Feeling like we're at the endgame here. Utena has done everything she wanted as a villain and wanted to lose like one to her idols, but her power, Magia Baiser, wanted to continue.

I expect we'll probably see the remaining members of Enormeeta teaming up w/ Tres Magia (hopefully with an identity reveal), so maybe a volume left?

joined Sep 29, 2021

Oh no. It is Super Pervert 3! Wonder why Utena was thinking about ending it though? Is she tired of all this?

I think it's not that she's tired but that the time has come for the villain to drop out and be replaced by a completely different and potentially worse villain

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Oh we are screwed

Chibi%20flustered%20shizuku%20giving%20eris%20a%20bento
joined Jun 19, 2020

R.I.P. Loco’s panties. Gone but never forgotten.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

saltyslug5561 posted:

Not tired, but I think the fact that in her mind, the magical girls have to always win no matter what, was a big motivation but also her major weakness, but her powers can go beyond that and I think they took over and crumbled her balance between admiration of justice and dark perversion.

Genshin.impact.600.3396601
joined Jul 20, 2016

Omg! I cant wait for the next chapter!! I need more!

joined May 1, 2015

Utena chan is so wonderful, I hope she gives us a good show.

Rsz_wa
joined Sep 5, 2019

Every few months I reread this to experience the story fully all over again, never has disappointed me lol

And I love the interpretations of how the la veritas are symbolic, gives another depth to this series

Images
joined Feb 9, 2015

Ahh What a cliffhanger!
I guess now she was possessed by the dark side and became a fully perverted sadist without mercy.

Ioruu%20dr
joined Jul 13, 2014

Is this really the end? This chapter feels a bit rushed for me.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I have to admit, I had a lot of trouble parsing what was happening in this chapter, but it was pretty cool! I hope Utena gets a happy ending, though...

5e913bf389a7530e4224cd100c94facc
joined Nov 24, 2019

Oh shit

To reply you must either login or sign up.