Forum › Kimi to Tsuzuru Utakata discussion

joined May 29, 2021

Tragedy tag shouldn't be added. Let the reader discover it for themselves.

That’s not how tags work.

joined Aug 21, 2017

I recall that sometimes the moderators will hide a tag like Tragedy when it's a twist, though I'm not sure of the current policy.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

F*CK!! MY HEART!!

damn it,there's really no hope for Kaori...please,write the best romance novel for her,Shizuku

sorry for the f word

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 1:58AM

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

I knew it'd come to this but my tears flowing like a river, it won't stop. Please let a mircale happen and let her live, Shizuku deserves kaori and vise versa

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i want them to at least kiss one time...

i hope Shizuku can be a great novelist in the future

and i need an anime of this XD

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 3:19AM

joined Jun 21, 2021

Damn that chapter really hit me where I live. I can’t speak for dying obviously, especially that young, but they really hit the nail on the head about people who have to live on after someone dies. It can just eat away at a person, corrode every part of their life

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

I might be wrong on this (I do hope I am) but as far as I remember, the author hasn't set up any "miracles" that might be relevant to save Kaori, so..... T.T

joined Jun 11, 2020

I can tell where this is going but man im still hoping. (T_T)

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

Ah yes, Your Lie in April ptsd kicks again, oh and even her name is Kaori what a coincidence hahahaha....hahaha... Haha..... Pls dont die...

joined Dec 11, 2021

Bro I was waiting for a miracle but I see its gonna end up as another shigatsu wa kimi no uso. Bro at least I hope the author makes them confess they love each other and a kiss scene.
Why all Kaori has the same Curse? Reminded me also the one from strawberry panic the three Kaori I know had a serious health condition and because of that two of those passed away.
This chapter is clear that there is nothing that can be done to save Kaori.
I guess that Shizuku will write it, Kaori will read it and then Kaori will disappear. NO AUTHOR! Sighs I didnt know it was gonna end like this... do we need a tragedy tag for this manga?

joined May 20, 2013

I recall that sometimes the moderators will hide a tag like Tragedy when it's a twist, though I'm not sure of the current policy.

(This reply is really only to add to the quoted discussion. Not sure if I read any chapter other than the 16th of this work, and after encountering this theme many times, I found it nice how well it conveyed those feelings. Plus the art is really great.)

Titles not being fully tagged "randomly" and without any hint defeats the purpose of tags, in my opinion. E.g. assuming that the Tragedy tag will ultimately be deserved, when searching for

• With tags: Romance Height gap Slice of life Yuri
  • Without tags: Tragedy

this series is the 2nd result. Following this thinking: Remove tags completely and let readers discover whether a work is Yuri, Het, NSFW, Aaaaaangst, Cheating, etc!

Rather than going that way, maybe a tag like Hidden tag(s) or Omitted tag(s) could hint at there being some potentially risky twist without giving away too much? Then e.g.

• With tags: Romance Height gap Slice of life Yuri
  • Without tags: Tragedy Hidden/Omitted tag(s)

could mitigate such risks. As an added benefit, it could be searched by those looking for surprises. Of course depending on the other tags the twists might be easy to guess, but is it better to leave depressing holes without any warning for people to fall into?

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

I might be wrong on this (I do hope I am) but as far as I remember, the author hasn't set up any "miracles" that might be relevant to save Kaori, so..... T.T

well...she already said that she did everything she can...so...prepare your tissue ಥ_ಥ

Istockphoto-615619820-170667a%20-%20copy
joined Nov 1, 2021

Please dont… my heart cant handle this

Mith raw nuruodo
joined Oct 27, 2021

I knew reading this was going to hurt the moment I started, and I wasn’t wrong. Pls help

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

Ah. Life is suffering.

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Argh it hurts T.T

Knight_natsume_02_profile_resize-min
joined Apr 13, 2018

It‘s been a while since a Manga made me cry in such a way…

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

As sad as this is, I'm happy Shizuku managed to get through to Kaori and not let her drive her away.

joined Dec 30, 2020

T__T

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Okay, this chapter was amazing, but I'm here once again to talk about how incredibly awesome the cover was: this double page was stunning! Not only is the drawing itself beautiful, but also the way it conveys the complex feelings of the two with such simplicity. A great continuation of (my own interpretation of) the cover of the previous chapter, where Kaori was displayed as a fleeting summer memory, this one clearly shows the distance between them. With Kaori on the other side of a glass window, completely unreachable, it's up to Shizuku to break through. And with the fog finally clearing up to unveil the truth, all the fear and sadness Kaori has been hiding behind her smile is revealed. Such a delicate expression Kaori is wearing here, it really conveys this feeling of having given up.

Wow, I feel like the more I look at it the better it becomes. Seriously, just go back and STARE at it.

(Also, I really like how the author draws their crying/anguished expressions... like, their scrunched up eyebrows are kinda cute...? Nononoididntsaythat!)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

^ Looking at it again, probably the greatest detail is Kaori's single tear among the raindrops...

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

it's definitely been said before but I love the comedy of the credits page resembling the situation that the characters are in so kaori is in that field in a hospital bed. It brings some amount of levity to a story that is taking a pretty decidedly sad turn, haha

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

Oh no… what a twist, would never guessed something like this…

I don’t know about you guys but this was so foreshadowed that I honestly can’t feel anything for the characters, too much tear-jerker where the characters are obviously in a sad situation, so you must feel sad because it’s sad, are you sad now?

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I still got teary-eyed, but wasn't there a line in literally the first chapter like "thus began my first and last summer with Kaori"?

Why would anyone be surprised that this is a tragedy?

Edit: it's actually phrased "the first and last summer we spent together" but the very first line of the entire story is "The summer you were there...". It has never been a secret that something bad was going to happen to Kaori from the beginning

Editx2: the word "ephemeral" is literally in the title. Their romance won't be ephemeral if they get a happily ever after

last edited at Jan 25, 2022 9:36AM

joined Dec 30, 2018

Shes not gonna die

To reply you must either login or sign up.