Forum › The Skirt Sings at the Landing discussion

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

its crazy how appearance and genetics can impact your life so much

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

Atleast now we know that this could go into an actual yuri direction instead if subtext. Now if only the story isn’t being released every two months wouldn’t it feel like I’m forgetting the actual plot.

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

I'm imagining a parallel universe where Kyoto Animation chose something like this to base their first (and so far only) yuri anime on, instead of the one with the pedo dragon

I'm only bringing this up because happen to like this manga in general but the artwork gives me a similar energy to stuff KyoAni worked on (like Eupho)

Be nice to not use that kind of word to describe Kobayashi. You can dislike something without being disrepectful.

Coolkyousinnjya is a notably shorta artist outside of their puplished works... Heck it even makes it way into their puplished works.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Hmmmm I thought we were past the miscommunication phase but I guess they still have lots of room to improve in that regard, just be honest, they're running with different speeds in different paths to the same goal.

I'm glad she got along with the "rival" girl, she even got to teach her math, well... they don't have a reason to be in conflict to begin with hahaha.

Win%202
joined Nov 12, 2020

Shears,eh?

I like the way you think,Magic Man.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Shears,eh?

I like the way you think,Magic Man.

Surely the greatest of plans.

7277b022-9e31-4bec-a22e-b7ad36fb501e
joined Sep 5, 2019

The credits page was the best part, as always

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

In order to work towards their goal as a pair, I have a feeling one of them will suggest private dance practice after school, for just the two of them :O

On another note, Mona explicitly compared the dancing pairs to romantic partners... And she didn't try to soften with any "but no homo tho" platitudes. Interesting.

joined Mar 15, 2019

ch. 09, credits
It's a real mem LOL - easy way is the best way KEK

I'm agree with variant female-female pair in dance - whenever I want to dance no boys are near!!! It's so frustrating.....

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dancing is like sex.

Fb_img_1654918405626
joined Feb 13, 2022

Ive been sooooooo into this manga for ages!!. I just love it when they use height gaps not for relationship but with actual irl problem.
Im a short person so i dont really relate to kiki but just learning abt her, forcing herself to be someone she's not hust bcs of her height is very much like reality. I love both of them and hope this manga continues for a lot of chapters!! ^~^)

joined Mar 19, 2022

So glad the translators didn't just stop working on this.

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

I legitimately expected the two would kiss this episode. The romantic/sexual tension between the two is palpable - Michiru was very obviously jealous and it was pretty cute. Love how it all unfolded, ended up being very sweet all around, the little thing with the names in particular.

Dancing is like sex.

I'm taking this comment as a half-joke, but the series has been very deliberate in its subtle parallel of partnership/relationship and dancing/sex. I mean, as subtle as a kick in the groin would be, really, but still. It makes me wonder whether the series would touch on actual romantic relationships and/or sex.

In any case, I feel that this series is flying a bit under the radar, but is consistently entertaining. Looking forward to seeing what comes next.

As an aside, I almost expected Shion to ask her partner for her Millennium item, and the thought still tickles me funny.

joined Feb 22, 2018

The ending translation note isn't quite correct. Hiragana is derived from the cursive form of kanji, traditionally a form used primarily by Japanese women due to inequalities in education in earlier historical periods. So it is strongly associated with femininity.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Dancing is like sex.

If I remember correctly, it was tango that was defined as sex on the dance floor (and sex as tango in bed).

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Dancing is like sex.

I'm taking this comment as a half-joke,

99% not a joke. They're always holding hands, just for starters.

In any case, I feel that this series is flying a bit under the radar,

I think it's just the irregular posting schedule. It's a well above-average series, imo.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I haven't finished reading the chapter yet but-... did this girl.... Asked the Teacher for help?! AND THE TEACHER GAVE HER THE TRUTH !? OMG I almost fell off my chair, this is ground breaking stuff.

Oh now that I finished, I really hope they take that "Let's talk more from now on" to heart haha, I know, for sensitive children is hard but seeing them struggle for the same problem from the start wasn't fun.

Now they can have segs just fine...dance

last edited at Jun 9, 2022 10:37AM

Onee2
joined Apr 28, 2022

Really love this series and actually forgot about it. Very glad it finally got an update.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Dancing is like sex.

If I remember correctly, it was tango that was defined as sex on the dance floor (and sex as tango in bed).

I understand "Rock and roll" was originally slang meaning "dancing and sex".

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Nobody going to comment on how gorgeous a device it was to have their emotional renewed understanding underlined and culminated by their literal "getting back in synch" counting off the rhythm?

joined Jan 14, 2020

"Why don't Baptists have sex standing up?"

"It might lead to dancing."

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

Sweet, I was right about the private practice. Very nice chapter.

In any case, I feel that this series is flying a bit under the radar,

I think it's just the irregular posting schedule. It's a well above-average series, imo.

Apparently it's published bimonthly, so the scanlators have been following the releases pretty closely.

Yeecon
joined Feb 6, 2013

This series is muy bueno; relationship drama that is both compelling and not enraging (unlike real life).

joined Mar 25, 2019

First of all, I'd suggest basing judgments on what school they're in on, you know, what they actually say, not on how tall you imagine they should be. Second of all, the average 17-year-old girl in Japan is 5'1". This is the weirdest and most baseless thing to complain about.

Japanese girls are on average about an inch shorter than their Western counterparts and those statistics are probably outdated. And that's a mean average. Based upon statistical distribution there should be a number of girls that are near the mc's height. It's a poorly executed conceit by the aurhor.

I know it's been a while but you're talking out of your ass mungo. Don't skip Statistics kids.

last edited at Jun 11, 2022 2:31PM

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Is the role switch all a metaphor for getting out of the closet?

What

To reply you must either login or sign up.