Forum › Exiled From My Old Party For Being A Woman, Me And A Legendary Witch Formed The Ultimate Tag Team discussion

joined Jun 30, 2017

It is unfortunate, I cannot find any evidence of Laplace being quite open minded to women (or not for that matter). I know some fellow scientists were actively supporting (a singular, to be fair, there just werent that many to support) woman. Namely Lagrange, Legendre and Gauß. Still, perhaps they (the author) deemed Laplace to be a cooler name. Although imo itd be Legendre for the plebs, and certainly Gauß for the educated. (Im just kidding of course, they were all brilliant)

I would wager that Laplace here isn't actually named after the scientist but after a thought experiment of his, Laplace's Demon, which aimed to demonstrate IIRC that if you know both the position and the momentum of every particle in a system you could predict its future perfectly.

For whatever reason Japan seems really infatuated with these kinds of things - there's a VTuber in Hololive who goes by Laplus (AKA Japanese respelling of Laplace), Maxwell's demon (another thought experiment about thermodynamics) is a Servant in Fate, and so on.

Steam-community-screenshot-dream-team-demon,-witch-
joined Nov 15, 2016

Glad to see this wasn't forgotten

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh boy its finally back again for however long that lasts. I love how even the shopkeeper was kneeling down as well. Also, I do find it funny how they pointed out the skimpy armour is stupid but then gave a forntline battle class a skirt. Like that should fall under the no capes roll since an ememy could probably grab it and pull you if its as big as hers and might make it awkward to run around but hey she is also magical so we can say it works because magic.

Surprise(2)
joined Jun 17, 2021

I might point out that wrapping amour around breasts is still poor design.
Then again, I might not.

joined Jun 5, 2018

It is unfortunate, I cannot find any evidence of Laplace being quite open minded to women (or not for that matter). I know some fellow scientists were actively supporting (a singular, to be fair, there just werent that many to support) woman. Namely Lagrange, Legendre and Gauß. Still, perhaps they (the author) deemed Laplace to be a cooler name. Although imo itd be Legendre for the plebs, and certainly Gauß for the educated. (Im just kidding of course, they were all brilliant)

I would wager that Laplace here isn't actually named after the scientist but after a thought experiment of his, Laplace's Demon, which aimed to demonstrate IIRC that if you know both the position and the momentum of every particle in a system you could predict its future perfectly.

For whatever reason Japan seems really infatuated with these kinds of things - there's a VTuber in Hololive who goes by Laplus (AKA Japanese respelling of Laplace), Maxwell's demon (another thought experiment about thermodynamics) is a Servant in Fate, and so on.

I see. Well, Im not quite sure what they find so cool about being a thought experiment, but alright. Im sure we could give Laplace/Maxwells demons a more appropriate name than the names of their creators. Although on second thought, im quite uncreative with names.

Btw, Laplaces demon more like, encapsulates the common believe back in the days, that the newtonian equations are exact. If they were, knowing the initial condition of all particles and the underlying EOM of course gives you full knowledge of all events future and past. The rest is purely mathematics, only whether or not Newtonian mechanics is exact is debateable, and Im sure Laplace thought they were.

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 7:05AM

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

the witch knows how it is.

kinda unlucky that her money is out of date tho

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

wait, this thought just occurred to me, but, isn't this just Witches Vs Patriarchy the manga?

_warningm_edited
joined Jan 15, 2021

Does this thing has a light novel or something, where can I read this?

https://www.novelupdates.com/series/tag-team/

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

...but is their new armor destructible?

J-Novel licensed the LN as Sexiled: My Sexist Party Leader Kicked Me Out, So I Teamed Up With a Mythical Sorceress!

Compressjpg20220512_150101
joined Jan 22, 2022

Heh, I'm just quite enjoying this while wielding my bits of knowledge of the Nasuverse xD(I read lot of Fate fanfics too so I can't help but keep on drawing parallels of some of the magic system here) here for the gay and magic I guess

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Oh wow, she could descontructed all the lewn ouffit in other works

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

I hope Tanya makes sure she doesn't try to use a back scabbard, too. :V

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

With the premise of this series essentially being the erradication of misogyny through the power of gay, it took me a few seconds to realize that the shopkeeper was implying they should prostitute themselves to pay for their goods. Seriously, I don't know what tone that was supposed to be delivered with.

He's just pissed they altered his merch without paying for it, no prostitution implications. It'll clear up next chapter, if it follows the LN, as a lead in to talking about the wage gap.

Something interesting I ran into is that all the stories from the LN author might be set in the same world. The great mage Laplace is mentioned in A Lily Blooms in Another World, although I haven't read Dragon Daddy Diaries

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 11:53AM

joined Jan 6, 2017

Eh, back scabbards would make sense for her imo. The sword wouldn't swing around so much when running and wouldn't hit the ground when trying to crawl around etc. Scaling cliffs, climbing ladders, the like would also be easier.
And considering how ridiculously big her sword is it'd also distribute the weight better

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

Eh, back scabbards would make sense for her imo. The sword wouldn't swing around so much when running and wouldn't hit the ground when trying to crawl around etc. Scaling cliffs, climbing ladders, the like would also be easier.
And considering how ridiculously big her sword is it'd also distribute the weight better

So long as they don’t show her drawing the sword from the scabbard while it is on her back I’d be fine with it.

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

I might point out that wrapping amour around breasts is still poor design.
Then again, I might not.

It’s not the worst boob armor I’ve seen in fantasy. If anything the shape isn’t the worst, but the fact that it only covers the breasts is problematic, since it would deflect blows right to where the armor doesn’t cover. The fact that she doesn’t have neck or head protection is bad, but can’t cover up the heroine’s face, right?

The heels are too tall though. A heel isn’t necessarily bad, but that’s just too much to be running around in while fighting.

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

i'd missed this when the first two chapters came out. its really fun. looking forward to more. thanks y'all

joined Feb 1, 2013

Christ, man! The opening was full of so much toxic misogynistic bullshit!

As a guy, I hate the fact that men like this exist... I would have torn the place down on her behalf! I wanted to punch the team leader right in his smug face! All that shit they were telling her is 1:1 to real life! Fuck these dipshits!

Kimika3
joined Jan 1, 2019

The sword may be big but it only weighs (to her) as much as a staff, its like carrying a foam cosplay sword.

joined Feb 1, 2013

Wow... This series is seriously on-point. This is merciless, and I love it! It seriously pulls no punches! I love the fact that Laplace has no filter, and is straight up like "this is stupid, what's up?" at all the blatantly sexist cliches in fantasy games.

I mean, I'm a guys and I like fan-service the same as anyone. But I've always wondered why this kind of stuff is taken as a given all the time. I remember asking a friend why they had their female crew in skirts on his ship in Star Trek on line (as in "is there an actual reason OTHER than you wanted to?), and he was pretty much "jus cuz".

I swear, I could write an academic paper about this, about how it perfectly deconstructs all these tropes!

And seriously, shopkeeper, what are you trying to pull? This isn't some sketchy bullshit fantasy manga, so Tanya and Laplace are just gonna be like "We're paying your life, cuz otherwise we'll pay you with death."

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So long as they don’t show her drawing the sword from the scabbard while it is on her back I’d be fine with it.

It can be done. Most people "showing" that it's impossible try to draw using the hand on the same side the hilt is. It works fine if you do a cross-draw . . . just like you do with a sword at your side. This guy demonstrates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_NzxETuWeQE

Img_3750
joined Feb 3, 2021

It can be done. Most people "showing" that it's impossible try to draw using the hand on the same side the hilt is. It works fine if you do a cross-draw . . . just like you do with a sword at your side. This guy demonstrates:

I’m quite familiar with Shad’s work, however even Shad isn’t trying to draw a great sword from his back. The sword she is carrying is a tall as she is. No way she does that unless she’s using a highly specialized scabbard.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I’m quite familiar with Shad’s work, however even Shad isn’t trying to draw a great sword from his back. The sword she is carrying is a tall as she is. No way she does that unless she’s using a highly specialized scabbard.

I mean, the technique shown in the video + a half scabbard would make drawing a great sword from your back plausible. Also, Shad's 2nd shabbard was for a short great sword which is about the longest type one could reasonably carry (long term that is) regardless of it's placement.

Her sword seems to be about a normal great sword length (i.e. taller than she is) so she definitely would be unable to carry that no matter what. Though in the novel illustrations it looks a bit shorter to me...
Then again, the fact that anyone's even able to wield that sledgehammer they call a sword tells us that logic is out the window so who cares how she carries it

last edited at Jan 22, 2022 7:08PM

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Creative license for nonsensical/impractical things is much easier to get over when the reason is just "bc it's cool" and not sexism :D

Eat%20ass
joined Aug 18, 2015

Both harem and feminism are suck. And feminism is even worse because harem at least works with yuri. Seriously? I guess the author is pretty low.

wow that sure is a take on... something, I guess

A take so hot it belongs in a trash fire.

To reply you must either login or sign up.