Forum › Please Bully Me, Miss Villainess! discussion

Screenshot%202024-01-18%20181127
joined Jun 21, 2021

Elsa: "Please bully me more."
Evie: "No I won't, how could anybody enjoy this?
Evie's subconscious: "ᶦ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵈᶦᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ"

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

‘New Power Unlocked’

Evie has learned: Sadism.

Elsa: "Please bully me more."
Evie: "No I won't, how could anybody enjoy this?
Evie's subconscious: "ᶦ ᶜᵃⁿ ᵈᶦᵍ ᵗʰᶦˢ"

I mean, not quite. What she likes, at least based on what she's been thinking for now, is not bullying her, but rather seeing her happy. She's not (yet?) awakening to sadism, she's awakening to yuri.

last edited at Dec 20, 2021 10:01AM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This series is starting to remind me of The Real Her.

Ah, I see you're a person of culture as well.

I mean, not quite. What she likes, at least based on what she's been thinking for now, is not bullying her, but rather seeing her happy. She's not (yet?) awakening to sadism, she's awakening to yuri.

This is definitely true, and while it's funny to imagine this manhua as a retelling of The Real Her there's very little evidence that Elsa is a real masochist and even less that Evie has a subconscious penchant for sadism. It's the system that's forcing them into those roles... and since they are falling in love with each other while at the same time having no choice but to engage in bullying games, it's only natural that some confusion arises.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh yes more backstory of their past. I am curious though now of when the male leads are going to get introduced as I would love to see Elsa blow them off for Evie.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

I don't know about male love interests but the female (elf?) teacher seems to me like a love rival.

joined Aug 1, 2019

That run an errand task doesn't make sense. All the other tasks were within Yvonne's power but this one puts all the control into Ellie's hands.

If this version wasn't rigged by Ellie herself then, what stops Ellie from just saying 'no' or leaving half-way forcing Yvonne to face the repercussions? That seems lika a kinda dumb mechanic.

Nights%20of%20azure%20avatar
joined May 28, 2016

Because Ellie likely loves Yvonne too much to refuse a request from her. And as much as Yvonne likes to deny it she loves Ellie too much to (intentionally) hurt her badly no matter what the villainess system tries to make her do.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Looks like were getting a glimpse of their past, maybe a good time for the generic male leads to show up?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

That run an errand task doesn't make sense. All the other tasks were within Yvonne's power but this one puts all the control into Ellie's hands.

If this version wasn't rigged by Ellie herself then, what stops Ellie from just saying 'no' or leaving half-way forcing Yvonne to face the repercussions? That seems lika a kinda dumb mechanic.

First time seeing bullying, especially in anime/manga? In general, if a bully sends you on an errand, you do it or you face the repercussions. Possibly face them anyway when the bully finds a real or imaginary problem with the result. Leaving halfway only mean the next time you'll face much worse, and you can't hide forever when you need to go to school. Well, unless you take the option of becoming a shut-in never leaving your room. You think teachers will help? Even in the rare case they do, the harsher the bully's punishment, the worse their eventual vengeance.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This is definitely true, and while it's funny to imagine this manhua as a retelling of The Real Her there's very little evidence that Elsa is a real masochist and even less that Evie has a subconscious penchant for sadism. It's the system that's forcing them into those roles... and since they are falling in love with each other while at the same time having no choice but to engage in bullying games, it's only natural that some confusion arises.

I also don't think that Elsa and Yvonne are truly masochistic or sadistic: instead, their "bullying" is more of a timid exploration of intimacy. Elsa keeps saying the word "bullying", but what she actually means is, "Give me more of your attention, Yvonne!" At this point, the villainess system barely factors into their relationship IMO, since Yvonne is already hooked on Elsa and cannot leave her alone, and her "awakening" to "sadism" is actually more of a realization that she also enjoys interacting with Elsa, slightly confused by the term that both the system and the heroine have stubbornly used for said interactions.

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

Elsa is a bit too clingy and needy. It may seem cute at first but that'll get really annoying in the long run. Maybe give her something more than just constantly wanting to be "bullied" by Yvonne

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

The first chapter already went into Elsa's motivations, and the upcoming manhua chapters if they're done well should too. Elsa also has slightly more thoughtful moments in the corresponding webnovel chapters, so give that a look too if you're curious.

kenkyokitsune Uploader
Xiao
The Golden Orchid
joined May 4, 2021

Just an alert to readers - with the holidays, Chapters 13 and 14 will be a bit delayed but they will come out in reasonably short succession soon. The translation circle is still here!

MeiLangSakalam
271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

tsun tsun !!!!

joined Jun 5, 2018

Elsa is a bit too clingy and needy. It may seem cute at first but that'll get really annoying in the long run. Maybe give her something more than just constantly wanting to be "bullied" by Yvonne

Agreed, but theres so little text in each chapter, I never would have noticed, if not for you. I mainly enjoy the full color.

joined Aug 29, 2019

Yvonne's "bullying" her about as much as Diana from Little Witch Academia is bullying Akko. I think it's cute.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Yvonne's "bullying" her about as much as Diana from Little Witch Academia is bullying Akko. I think it's cute.

Tv show Diana, not movie Diana

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

This chapter has pretty much confirmed my theory that whenever Elsa asks Yvonne for more "bullying", she actually demands her attention and puts it in the terms that the tsuntsun blockhead can interpret correctly.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

yeah okay someone said earlier that Yvonne's "bullying" would seem more like the kind of attention pulling that you'd get from small kids who like the other kid. And this chapter absolutely confirms it like how else is Elsa supposed to see this honestly haha

joined Aug 29, 2019

Tv show Diana, not movie Diana

Correct, sorry, haven't seen the OVA and movie.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

This chapter has pretty much confirmed my theory that whenever Elsa asks Yvonne for more "bullying", she actually demands her attention and puts it in the terms that the tsuntsun blockhead can interpret correctly.

IKR? it's so fucking cute. That combination of gallant devotion and harsh words is really something else.

last edited at Jan 3, 2022 2:47PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Yvonne's face when she caught her is adroable.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

"Bullying", sure...

Eldmbwaw4amteza
joined Nov 22, 2019

Life would be so much easier if all bullying ended in a princess carry.

Screenshot%2006-15-2022%2021.27.00
joined Mar 25, 2021

Oh my god she was such a tsun tsun

To reply you must either login or sign up.