Forum › That Time I Was Blackmailed By the Class's Green Tea Bitch discussion

joined Oct 2, 2021

Keep'n it in the closet.

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Oh no, straight into the arc where her Mom is going to try to seperate them. I REALLY want her to talk to Tong Tong's Mom as I say she would tell to shove it and the let the two be happy which is what I would love to see.

joined May 8, 2014

I'm glad she at least talked with Tong Tong about it, instead of causing some misunderstanding and complicating things later

A8eb27cb4a70a5-a-nw-p
joined Feb 17, 2020

It's getting so much betteeeeer ahhhh they're so cute, it's so soft I really love it!

Amimir
joined Dec 26, 2021

I bet their mom's will end up meeting, maybe by them or by coincidence. Anyway, can't wait to see how they would react to each other and this whole situation

6631e8220bec2737023f64d8a2b36b99
joined Jul 20, 2020

They're both sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute

Noodvatar100
joined Apr 13, 2021

The potential in those secret make out sessions though... I love the way this artist draws kisses and honestly I'm not that surprised things escalated so quickly from a peck.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 2:00AM

joined Aug 21, 2017

good thing my dad doesn't care much about grades

good is relative...

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

AHHHH precious dorks
very wholesome relationship

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I was reading chapter 31 raw just now, and there were these two panels:

https://i.imgur.com/p6bsAeY.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/tEdes7n.jpg

I really was flabbergasted. "Doki doki" as in the Japanese sound for heartbeats? In Latin letters? In a Chinese manhua!?

Keep in mind that these are the raw originals, not some scanlated version!

I can only figure that the author picked that onomatopoeia from Western websites dedicated to Asian manga... I mean, it's not uncommon for us otaku to use "doki doki" in our writings or fanart...

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 3:25PM by OrangePekoe

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

for real ? Going so far as posting a picture of an unreleased chapter ?

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Nene posted:

I really was flabbergasted. "Doki doki" as in the Japanese sound for heartbeats? In Latin letters? In a Chinese manhua!?

I can only figure that the author picked that onomatopoeia from Western websites dedicated to Asian manga... I mean, it's not uncommon for us otaku to use "doki doki" in our writings or fanart...

Please don't directly post images from unreleased raws. Thank you.

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

Why would they get the onomatopoeia from western websites, when Japanese itself has romanization? (Hint: That's where it comes from.)

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

This isn't that surprising given some context. First, as you mention, "doki doki" as an onomatopoeia in romance manga is probably pretty commonly known. Second, the average manhua will know Latin characters with fewer knowing Japanese kana. It makes a lot of sense to use "doki doki" instead of ドキドキ given the intended audience if you're trying to play around with the trope.

last edited at Dec 27, 2021 4:21PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

This isn't that surprising given some context. First, as you mention, "doki doki" as an onomatopoeia in romance manga is probably pretty commonly known. Second, the average manhua will know Latin characters with fewer knowing Japanese kana. It makes a lot of sense to use "doki doki" instead of ドキドキ given the intended audience if you're trying to play around with the trope.

That kind of was my point. In Japanese manga and Japanese websites they don't use "doki doki" in Latin characters but ドキドキ in katakana. If the author of this Chinese manhua had picked the onomatopoeia from a Japanese source, it wouldn't have been written in Latin letters.

The Chinese language prolly has some sort of onomatopoeia of its own for hearbeats... but this author chose to use something different, more original, more exotic. And they ended up with "doki doki" in Latin characters. I believe it's a case of a Japanese conventional sound effect reaching China in a roundabout way after a trip through the English-speaking world. Maybe it's just me, but it tickles me pink.

Img_20201116_114246_2-min_50-min%20(1)
joined Oct 14, 2014

dorks: the manhua

joined Dec 13, 2020

Woe is me ! Because of the op's indiscretion.......
now I've been spoiled about the FACES of the female leads! For real ! /s

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

Posting pictures of a chapter that is not translated yet is spoiler, no matter how you turn it. Man, i'm gonna go on some threads and posting some frames of untranslated chapters,not sure everyone gonna like it.

joined Jul 21, 2020

The Chinese language prolly has some sort of onomatopoeia of its own for hearbeats...

La duchesse de Pecquigny
joined Jun 7, 2021

^
Awwwwww that's ADORABLE! So many cute heart throbs! Thanks for sharing with us!
Hearts of the world, unite!! ... umm does that make sense? lol XD

30_magikarp
joined Feb 21, 2021

Posting pictures of a chapter that is not translated yet is spoiler, no matter how you turn it. Man, i'm gonna go on some threads and posting some frames of untranslated chapters,not sure everyone gonna like it.

Or maybe just don't click the link of the image that OP specifically said is from an untranslated chapter. Seems simple enough to do.

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Or maybe just don't click the link of the image that OP specifically said is from an untranslated chapter. Seems simple enough to do.

This may not be my place to interfere with, but Orange Pekoe edited Nene's comment so that it has only links. If you look at Lilliwyt and Orange Pekoe's comments you can see they rebuked her for posting actual images, not links.

last edited at Dec 28, 2021 2:55AM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Posting pictures of a chapter that is not translated yet is spoiler, no matter how you turn it

only absolutes
no nuance allowed
you post picture with chinese text on english forum? straight to jail

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Licentious Lantern posted:

This may not be my place to interfere with, but Orange Pekoe edited Nene's comment so that it has only links. If you look at Lilliwyt and Orange Pekoe's comments you can see they rebuked her for posting actual images, not links.

This is correct.

Let's stop discussing this, though. Any questions about moderation belong in the FAQ thread. Not here.

Similarly, the topic of hearts and onomatopoeia in an unreleased chapter really has no place here either. Let's stop discussing that, too. Thanks.

joined Apr 6, 2019

Oh no, straight into the arc where her Mom is going to try to seperate them. I REALLY want her to talk to Tong Tong's Mom as I say she would tell to shove it and the let the two be happy which is what I would love to see.

That sounds very plausible. Tong Tong's mom has been extremely supportive of their relationship so far. Xiao Lu's mom otoh... we don't know yet what's her take on lesbian lifestyles, but everything we have seen so far suggests that she won't be very happy. Consider that even if her daughter was dating a boy she'd undoubtly throw a fit—when she finds Xiao Lu is dating a girl it's gonna be UGLY.

To reply you must either login or sign up.