Forum › There's a Song I Want You to Hear discussion

Hqdefault
joined Sep 13, 2020

I read this story long time ago on a fanpage facebook with my first language, must be 2-3 years. I remember I was confusing as heck as I am right now. Glad I'm not alone

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I believe this is the last untranslated story from "This Channel has Nobody but Us."

If this can be confirmed, I'll move it to the collection. The first few pages of the collection has a table of contents if anyone wants to check it out as I cannot read Japanese. The page counts don't line up, but that might just be a padding thing

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 3:58AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I believe this is the last untranslated story from "This Channel has Nobody but Us."

If this can be confirmed, I'll move it to the collection. The first few pages of the collection has a table of contents if anyone wants to check it out as I cannot read Japanese. The page counts don't line up, but that might just be a padding thing

Yes, this is listed in the table of contents of that collection. I wasn't aware of the collection when I uploaded this. The pages are different since this version is from the magazine release.

joined Nov 27, 2017

... Well okay.

Screenshot%202018-12-25%20at%2001.01.20
joined Jul 22, 2017

It definitely reads to me that Fumi-chan left in part because Yayo wasn't moving forward and believed she was part of what was holding Yayo back. So her disappearance is a strange sort of love. A bittersweet piece.

Tesv%202015-06-28%2017-21-18-4
joined Jun 2, 2016

And? Where's the ending?
Ambiguity, as usual?

Tumblr_cee5b652f60d90ff709454b0003785ca_6809dc36_400-min
joined Sep 4, 2021

what the hell was that... now i'm sad

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

she died?

joined Apr 23, 2021

rather than ambiguity it just seemed like Yayo wanted, or needed to be elsewhere in life and knew of no other way. Getting ghosted like this irl really sucks, often you never get and real explanation as to why someone chose to exit your life...at least Fumi did.

And she gained a sort of inspiration in the end. What a piece, i thoroughly enjoyed.

joined Jul 28, 2020

Confusion aside, this was a (depressingly) fun read, I love Kuwabara's works.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@MeiLangSakalam No? Nothing indicates that. She just left.

Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

i don't understand wtf happened but,i hope she's still alive

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I wonder if the reason Fumi left is because of these two pages. How Yayo doesn't need to think about her future, bc all she needs is Fumi-chan.
I don't really understand much else of Fumi-chan, there's a lot that's intentionally left out. All I know is that she wanted Yayo to try again, that she buried everything that represents herself and disappeared, which eventually got Yayo to work towards her dream again.
I can't help but feel super sad though, it's like Fumi gave up herself and music entirely, and passed it on to Yayo.
My last question would be, was all of this done for the sake of helping Yayo move forward, or did something happen and it was just how Fumi wished to say her goodbyes.

Not like we know much about Fumi, but I think it's more likely in line with what the bandmates thought, considering jouhatsu is not only something culturally relevant enough to have its own name, but also to have professionals who specialize in facilitating it.

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Ok, she dead right? or gone, but ded would be better I think.

joined Dec 13, 2018

I would think that she killed herself, because if you were living, you'd probably sell your bass. Especially if you had money problems.

joined Nov 28, 2021

what do the messages on yayoi's phone mean in the last panel? I feel like it's important but can't quite tell

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

I would think that she killed herself, because if you were living, you'd probably sell your bass. Especially if you had money problems.

This is purely imaginary projection onto the text.

I've known at least two people who literally threw expensive equipment (one musical and one electronic) in the trash as a sign of giving up on something they had been into and moving on with their lives.

They weren't rich, either, but the symbolic destruction was the entire point.

joined Dec 13, 2018

Huh, fair enough. I'm more financially pragmatic.

So there is hope after all!

Woof
joined Feb 8, 2013

I wonder if the reason Fumi left is because of these two pages. How Yayo doesn't need to think about her future, bc all she needs is Fumi-chan.
I don't really understand much else of Fumi-chan, there's a lot that's intentionally left out. All I know is that she wanted Yayo to try again, that she buried everything that represents herself and disappeared, which eventually got Yayo to work towards her dream again.
I can't help but feel super sad though, it's like Fumi gave up herself and music entirely, and passed it on to Yayo.
My last question would be, was all of this done for the sake of helping Yayo move forward, or did something happen and it was just how Fumi wished to say her goodbyes.

I need a goddamn sequel (•̀^•́)ง

Note: aren't these the same characters? Is this part of that collection?

Thank you, just thank you, it's all clear now — Yayoi should make a song to get her girl back.
Fumi's disappearance is a message, if you wanna get me - get serious about your singing and your future. Find me with your song. That's why the front page is like that))

Also Yayoi's dead too — she tried, she failed and it killed her. So they are now two ghosts I guess?))
I hope for the ressurection sequel!!

last edited at Nov 29, 2021 5:03PM

joined Apr 8, 2021

Burying your phone, diary, and bass while telling your friend it's your corpse; yeah, that's suicide shit. The other option is actually less realistic. Suddenly giving up on your friendships, moving away/changing your adress (since she was missing and all her friends searched for her), throwing away your personal possesions, probably dropping out of college (since she's 22, it's likely)... all that, to make a girl MAYBE want write songs again? I can't pretend that's the more realistic option here, unlike some people in this thread. To only other option is that she had some reason she had to leave literally everything behind anyway. But judging from the "Will you never leave me? No matter what?" comment, even that seems unlikely.

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

OK, OK, I get it--one possible, albeit unknowable, ending is true and the other equally unknowable endings are false. Even though we are conspicuously not given definitive evidence one way or the other.

Unlike all the other "throwing away all your old stuff/completely disappearing without a trace to start a new life and leave your old life behind" stories, this one is a suicide story. Duly noted.

snoopy_from_peanuts
Tumblr_mrfzgkpani1rzp26no5_250
joined Aug 11, 2021

pussy so confouding it got her burying the remains of fumi's life and connections with her in the mountains at like 3 am.

joined Dec 30, 2020

ending leaves you feeling like the mc

Aad1217ee03a84ae2f55ba2988d97f47
joined Nov 9, 2021

angst tag? or am I just too sensitive?? LOLOLOLOL

Violetpfp
joined Aug 12, 2021

Deep. Welp, there's goes my happy go lucky mood.

Honestly though I loved it. >_<

To reply you must either login or sign up.