Forum › Posts by nyandere

joined Apr 23, 2021

rather than ambiguity it just seemed like Yayo wanted, or needed to be elsewhere in life and knew of no other way. Getting ghosted like this irl really sucks, often you never get and real explanation as to why someone chose to exit your life...at least Fumi did.

And she gained a sort of inspiration in the end. What a piece, i thoroughly enjoyed.

nyandere
joined Apr 23, 2021

i think the idea to look back is a deliberate narrative decision, because the protagonist is losing her memory. It makes sense that the last things to go are the memories of her beloved, and i think its more meaningful in this way. We get to see them as adults, and each decision made in one memory is brought on by something that happened previous. What happened to micchan's finger? What did they fight over? It leaves you with a different sense of anticipation. Rather than hoping for something to resolve and feeling disappointed, we are treated to the end, and we get to see the way things played out right down to the point that everything went awry for them.

Dont mind me. I really loved this story and i thought the decision to work backwards through memories was wonderfully unique. Still trying not to cry thinking about the ending.

nyandere
joined Apr 23, 2021

this was a beautiful story and a similarly beautiful end. Never in life but at least in death they can be together. Heh, im still crying just thinking about it. Thank you so much for uploading this

nyandere
joined Apr 23, 2021

It kinda disappoints me at times that a lot of people don't seem to appreciate the character development going on with both of them. For people to say that Kaoru is still the same person as the one we saw towards the beginning of the series just tells me they haven't paid attention to their chapters. Sure she's still not perfect, but people don't completely change overnight. How the two of them work both of out their issues going forward is gonna be interesting.

I completely agree with this sentiment. Kaoru falling for Mayoi so utterly and failing to get what she wants really seems to have opened her eyes in a way that she's never really had to deal with before. And i find Mayoi's struggle with her love and hate for Onibi not just exhilarating, but very relatable, especially since i think many people who read manga are often involved in some kind of creative medium. Even without that, we can easily put ourselves in Mayoi's shoes and imagine a time where admiration turned into envy, and it makes her feel incredible human and fallible. its what i've come to love about Torajirou-sensei's ability to make his characters grow x3

Personally speaking, Kaoru was always one of my favorites from the get go, because even throughout her shitty moments with Shizuka, she was always a good big sister to Honoka, even if Honoka refused it. In the end, none of the cast are really perfect people, and that's what makes all these struggles so interesting.

nyandere
joined Apr 23, 2021

I don't know, the manga's been kinda crapping all over Kaoru lately and she's been realizing the destructive nature of her actions recently. Weird, its almost like people, even manga characters, aren't set in stone and they grow and change as things happen to them. What a surprise.

I still think "kaoru is worse, Mayoi is just whispering things onibi will never hear" is, as another user said, incredibly silly and disingenuous because this chapter isn't about Kaoru. its about Mayoi and her issues, and you don't just get to gloss over them. She's got stuff, and you gotta focus on it. Toxic envy is still toxic even if another person has done arguably done worse in the past. Dislike Kaoru all you want to, but the feelings Mayoi displays here are textbook toxic envy o3o;; No amount of 5 paragraph posts will change that, hehe.

Edit: I should probably clarify that i'm a huge fan of seeing toxic love/stories in yuri manga. There's literally nothing that energizes me more than seeing people make awful mistakes and ruining their own/other people's lives and struggling to find meaning afterward. I still think Kaoru is starting to learn from her mistakes, personally, and my love for the darker side of human emotion is what made this chapter with Onibi and Mayoi wonderful to me.

last edited at Aug 10, 2021 8:18PM

nyandere
joined Apr 23, 2021

For whatever you might say about this, being a womanizing idiot that's finally starting to learn that the world doesn't revolve around them and wishing that the creative inspiration that you look up to would just "wither away" are completely different, lol.
I don't think these sorts of actions are cancelled out by someone else doing something "worse", if you can even say that. For whatever Kaoru did, for however wrong she was, it doesn't make what Mayoi said in the latest chapter any less "toxic." It is classic toxic envy, to love someone, to admire them from the bottom of their hearts so much that it makes them hate, to even wish that their talent would dry up? That comes from such a different place than yer bog standard womanizer, i think...just my opinion, though.

I try not to post much.