Forum › Posts by moikkai

joined Apr 8, 2021

Burying your phone, diary, and bass while telling your friend it's your corpse; yeah, that's suicide shit. The other option is actually less realistic. Suddenly giving up on your friendships, moving away/changing your adress (since she was missing and all her friends searched for her), throwing away your personal possesions, probably dropping out of college (since she's 22, it's likely)... all that, to make a girl MAYBE want write songs again? I can't pretend that's the more realistic option here, unlike some people in this thread. To only other option is that she had some reason she had to leave literally everything behind anyway. But judging from the "Will you never leave me? No matter what?" comment, even that seems unlikely.

moikkai
joined Apr 8, 2021

Are these the same couple from the other chapters? If so, the fact that they're 17 and 23 respectively is... something I would've liked to have known. No idea why y'all are so chill about this revelation lmao

joined Apr 8, 2021

Beautiful read! For those wondering about the scar, it could've just been a sudden outburst that ultimately resulted in self-harm. Might not seem realistic if you've never experienced it, but it's surprisingly easy to go from throwing over a chair to grabbing a nearby knife––your head goes blank and time doesn't feel linear at all, so it seems plausible. Much more likely than hanging, anyway.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Lmao it's gonna be like that trope where the kiss gets interrupted by a phone or somethings, but it'll be an angry mob of peasants with guillotines instead.

joined Apr 8, 2021

For the big brains up here in the comments, trauma doesn't have to be directly proportional to the actions that caused it, much the same with guilt. When she bullied Ruri, although it wasn't intentional, it targeted something she seemed to be deeply insecure about; likewise, depression can distort your memories or the gravity of them, so I don't think it's weird at all for the MC to be the way she is. Not to mention that these are all kids, everything seems as it was yesterday and they don't deal with shit perfectly. Hell, as if adults can.

While I like a Silent Voice much more, saying that the reaction here was forced or felt off seems like a baseless critique to me.

joined Apr 8, 2021

It's a shame, I feel like I'm biased. If this happened in a manga where a guy and girl had been close for this long, I might've thought it bittersweet to leave it unresolved. However, because of the societal context of lesbian relationships both in manga and Japan itself, the constant pivot to purity in this kind of manga irks me to no end. I really thought I might finally find a yuri manga that's both nuanced and beautiful but unafraid to end clearly, boldly.

A shame, but still a really fun read, in some ways it's similar to ​"Kanojo to Camera to Kanojo no Kisetsu" but that ending is waaay worse lmao.