Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

that´s sperm donation thing disturbing me

Well, that's how it works. Although I would have personally not added the panel saying that they got the sperm and just gone straight to their daughter already being born.

You want the science babies tag? Cause that's how you get the science babies tag.

Not necessarily, it would just mean that the donation and procedure happened off screen. And I believe that would have been better, but that's just me.

Ok tbf I think it is a bit weird to the couple(?) generally(?) like I remember in Honey & Honey (which is like irl lgbt couple), MC suggested this and her gf was like “you have no idea how weird that is to me” ahaha. (Ofc this is just their experience; I’m not saying all couples think like this.) To me though, I don’t find it disturbing to see as a reader, though I can see why it could be.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 5:16AM

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

That last page, that`s totally disagree, is almost a H stuff, uffs

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

A nice happy family ending. ^_^

Screenshot%202022-04-05%20021706
joined Jun 19, 2014

how the heck did she manage to curl her index and pinkie finger like on page 3 of the final chapter? these moves are way too advanced.
glad it ended so well tho; was the least angsty manga for a story about amnesia lol

120x120px-ls-38203a65_avatar65018_8
joined Oct 27, 2011

Mari-san with long hair is totally my type!!!! I want more of Arisa and Mari san familly!!!! (༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

how the heck did she manage to curl her index and pinkie finger like on page 3 of the final chapter? these moves are way too advanced.

Isn't that pretty normal?

joined Oct 13, 2014

seeing this end... its enough to make one cry T-T

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

So advanced that in the last panel of that page she's got 6 fingers ...

joined Jan 6, 2017

that´s sperm donation thing disturbing me

Well, that's how it works. Although I would have personally not added the panel saying that they got the sperm and just gone straight to their daughter already being born.

You want the science babies tag? Cause that's how you get the science babies tag.

Artificial insemination is science babies

joined Jan 6, 2017

Mari with long hair looks off. I thought I was seeing doubles

2232-2
joined Nov 13, 2017

Lesbian superpower?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

The world is now at peace, thank you everyone for riding this wild bus together with me, I had lots of fun! thank you translator san for finishing this master piece! it has the greatest possible ending too, the develop - Aahh !!! a kitty! Look!

joined Aug 1, 2019

that´s sperm donation thing disturbing me .____. but it´s ok if arisa is happy

Don't really see how.

From what I've heard it's rather common for same-sex couples to start a family using donated sperm & surrogate's using IVF technology. It's not even isolated to same-sex couple's they're just the most obvious case.

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

That was incredibly wholesome and sweet for such a mostly goofy manga. Total relationship goals at the end there too, for me at least. Everlasting happiness to these two (three now) and thanks for the ride ^_^

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 8:53AM

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

Don't really see how.

From what I've heard it's rather common for same-sex couples to start a family using donated sperm & surrogate's using IVF technology. It's not even isolated to same-sex couple's they're just the most obvious case.

But as I recall, IVF technology in Japan is reserved for hetero couples, so they would have to resort to more DIY methods.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 9:50AM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Don't really see how.

But as I recall, IVF technology in Japan is reserved for hetero couples, so they would have to resort to more DIY methods.

It was, in fact, rather obvious that they did.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Wow congrats on having sex and getting a child

joined Feb 1, 2021

Mari-san woke up the beast

The Beast with Five Fingers.

more like the "Beast with 6 fingers"?

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/bright_and_cheery_amnesia_ch53#3 (bottom panel)

You killed my father, prepare to die.

Nobody
joined Aug 17, 2019

This was a good read, so happy for them.
Also, so rare to see a yuri couple actually go the insemination route.
Also, also... long hair Mari-san isn't as stunning as short hair Mari-san.
Also, also, also, didn't Mari-san also has a brother?? is only fair for Arisa to pop the next one, just saying.

joined Apr 29, 2018

the baby ruined the entire story for me... seriously? why ending it ike a stupid het story?! they where perfect together and author ruined it with a baby?! ... why does everything have to become a desapointment... it started so good. and arisa is now rising her nephew... great ending!

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 11:22AM

Shiro
joined Oct 12, 2020

No… It can’t be over… Nooooooooo

T_T

1453e55cc3ab545974cae651c20afaf3
joined May 28, 2021

This was a good read, so happy for them.
Also, so rare to see a yuri couple actually go the insemination route.
Also, also... long hair Mari-san isn't as stunning as short hair Mari-san.
Also, also, also, didn't Mari-san also has a brother?? is only fair for Arisa to pop the next one, just saying.

No reason for them not to have another one down the road ;-) ! Funny enough, this is close to an actual conversation my girlfriend and I have been having recently ( we're thinking of trying to have a child soon). I jokingly said we should rock-paper-scissors which one gets pregnant and my girlfriend said '' ok, but if I lose you have to have the next one'' :-P Being a gay woman does have it's funny/ironic sides I guess ! One of us has a better paying job though so that would probably be a bigger factor.

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 11:59AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

For a moment I thought when she started chasing the cat she was gonna get hit by a car and get amnesia again.

All's well that ends well.

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

the baby ruined the entire story for me... seriously? why ending it ike a stupid het story?! they where perfect together and author ruined it with a baby?! ... why does everything have to become a desapointment... it started so good. and arisa is now rising her nephew... great ending!

Are homosexual couples not allowed to have children or something? Why is that such a bad thing?

joined Apr 29, 2018

Are homosexual couples not allowed to have children or something? Why is that such a bad thing?

it's not about that it's about the story itself. it started original only to end like ANY cliche stories. it feels like any smelly cliche with the stupid ending "without having children you can't be happy". when that couple until the end, ALMOST managed to show the opposite, it just fall flat with that stupid ending. and i'm not speaking about how forced and out of the blue that felt!

last edited at Nov 19, 2021 11:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.