Forum › Suck Me Vampire discussion

Img-0803
joined Jun 25, 2021

Bro I need a whole ass story of these two. Im crying rn bc its only a oneshot ;-;

joined Jun 6, 2021

The form of the past participle for strong verbs is not that of the simple past tense.

“have run”, not “have ran”
“have rung”, not “have rang”
“have drunk”, not “have drank”
“have sung”, not have “have sang”
&c

Translators for whom something other than English is a first language should make a chart of all the strong verbs and tape it up near their work areas.

Cglishmini
joined Apr 12, 2018

Well, that was... A weird read

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

That ending is so damn stupid it had me rolling. Sometimes dumb stuff like that is exactly what I want in a story.

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

insane amounts of garlic

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

That was a great character dynamic. I honestly forgot it was a oneshot until the punchline at the end. Would love to see this expanded into a full series.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

Tfw your blood tastes like "basic bitch"

Licentious Lantern
Lantern%202
joined Sep 17, 2021

Perhaps I am missing something, but this work should only have the Subtext tag at most, no? I felt no romantic intent from either party, though it did feel like the self-declared super cute girl had some hidden motive.

Well executed punchline however. Talk about self-sabotage.

joined Jul 8, 2019

i bet she also used lots and lots of selenium shampoo
http://www.rosincerate.com/2015/07/element-breath.html

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

she kinda shot herself in the foot there huh

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Idiot alert!

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

that was dumb lol i need a full series

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

There are Those jokes where the punchline is weak But the setup is so intricate that its funny anyways

With that said this punchline didnt do it for me

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

Hm...that vampire girl was cool, not a fan of gap moe-chan though.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

The vampire outright tells her that her kind hates garlic, and the the moeblob goes and buys a whole dish of it? Like, how self-absorbed and inattentive must a person be to miss all that? :-/

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Lol very nice

joined May 1, 2015

Brilliant, vampire chan sure is cute. She can do better.

joined Apr 8, 2021

Translators for whom something other than English is a first language should make a chart of all the strong verbs and tape it up near their work areas.

How much did you pay for this translation?

joined Jun 6, 2021

How much did you pay to read my comment? (At least think through the broader implications of an argument before you use it, so that you don't find yourself a hypocrite.)

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

There's a difference between useless complaining and constructive criticism. Free or not, a good translator strives to provide the best result possible and hopefully learns from their mistakes.

joined Apr 8, 2021

There's a difference between useless complaining and constructive criticism. Free or not, a good translator strives to provide the best result possible and hopefully learns from their mistakes.

You're not wrong, but the way they wrote the comment irked me. There's a difference between offering advice and making demands, and their tone came across to me as closer to the latter.

joined Jun 6, 2021

You're not wrong, but the way they wrote the comment irked me. There's a difference between offering advice and making demands, and their tone came across to me as closer to the latter.

You impute a tone after-the-fact. I stated a general fact, provided a few illustrative examples, and then noted how to deal with the issue.

The English language has nearly 200 verbs that don't follow the more common pattern. Advising translators just to memorize them all before continuing would be quite something; recommending that they just look-up each and every verb would be worse.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Let’s drop this, thanks.

joined Nov 14, 2014

I need more! xD

20220104_023724
joined Feb 11, 2013

I totally expected a time skip to the promised 10 years and then subtext would turn into age-gap yuri :D

To reply you must either login or sign up.