Forum › Blue Skin, Big Tits and a Fucking Loner discussion

joined Oct 8, 2016

I'm getting confused about the angel daughter-father relationship. Is the father an actual controling asshole to his daighter, or does she simply have some sort of complex and is misinterpreting what her well-meaning father is saying?

Honestly I think she just knows her father is a super important angel and puts upon herself that she must live up to his 'expectations' not realizing that he honestly (as far as we've been shown) just wants her to live a happy life. He doesn't need her to follow in his foot steps, he doesn't seem to be actively criticizing anything she does, he genuinely seems to just want her to have a happy life.

Maybe there's a twist down the line but so far Glamor's dad just seems like honestly one of nicest parents in a manga I've seen. Especially for a parent that's the "super important & influential" kind of archetype.

Maybe at most the only criticism towards the guy I can find is that he hasn't managed to get through to his daughter that she doesn't that she REALLY doesn't need to be as 'perfect' as she tries to be but he may just not be aware of how bad it is. Otherwise he seems like a good dude for now.

Capture
joined Aug 12, 2021

I don't think it's either honestly, her father just seems like an incredibly competent man who wants for people to be treated well so he asks his daughter to make sure that Liane can fit in at the party because while he takes Glamor at her word that they're friends he knows that there is more going on.
I think he's just a concerned dad who wants to make sure his daughter doesn't do something shitty and gently pushes her into the right direction by directly asking her to make sure that Lianne will be okay knowing that she won't refuse him.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

It's fine; they want to be friends anyway. They just don't know it yet.

Fb_img_1636852439556
joined Oct 30, 2021

The father looks like a good guy so far, who would have thought its one of those "dont judge a book by its cover"

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

I mostly agree with everyone's assesment, but I think Glamor just got scolded, although politely :P Hard to tell with this stupid face.

Starving Jiangshi
joined Dec 3, 2020

Astra continues to be an all around great dad and person.

Sleepyfrogwaifutiny
joined Sep 25, 2019

Unironically the best parent figure I've read in manga maybe ever.

Imagine getting your evil scheming cucked because your dad is such a massive CHAD tho

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Yeah, I think she got scolded.

In a very "Let's make this a lesson" way.

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Glamor's father is the best lol

Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

I don't think it's either honestly, her father just seems like an incredibly competent man who wants for people to be treated well so he asks his daughter to make sure that Liane can fit in at the party because while he takes Glamor at her word that they're friends he knows that there is more going on.
I think he's just a concerned dad who wants to make sure his daughter doesn't do something shitty and gently pushes her into the right direction by directly asking her to make sure that Lianne will be okay knowing that she won't refuse him.

If it turns out he's a politician who amassed a ton of power and is popular just by being a generally good dude, it will be the biggest reversal in manga history. I can see now why he's so popular

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 12:21PM

Angryface
joined Mar 22, 2021

Wow, the dad really impressed me to figure out all that just from the name and do it in mere seconds. If this guy is an antagonist later then the MC screwed.

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

Good father.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Astra best dad.

If it turns out he's a politician who amassed a ton of power and is popular just by being a generally good dude, it will be the biggest reversal in manga history. I can see now why he's so popular

On the other hand, isn't that how angelic politics are supposed to work? Angels are supposed to be embodiments of goodness and order, except that the Japanese pop culture has taught us that anything vaguely Christian is always evil, regardless of how benevolent it looks at first glance. If you disregard that preconception, is there anything surprising in a "generally good dude" rising through the angelic ranks to a position of respect and authority?

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

"... I made a mistake."

Okay but... what is she talking about?

Does she mean her that father's scolding has made her realize the error of her ways?

Or is she furious because her dastardly plan has been thwarted? "Curses, foiled again! I should have asked him for a blank invitation and filled the name myself!"

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Nene posted:

"... I made a mistake."

Okay but... what is she talking about?

Does she mean her that father's scolding has made her realize the error of her ways?

Or is she furious because her dastardly plan has been thwarted? "Curses, foiled again! I should have asked him for a blank invitation and filled the name myself!"

She's crying because she was seen through by her father and got scolded for it.

It was a very polite scolding. He was not even angry. He even showed her the way to correct her mistake and making it a good thing.

Her mistake is to have thought she could use her father to embarrass Liane. Now, not only did her father scold her, but she has to take responsibility for Liane's well being during the party.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

... you know, that's actually a genius move for the story. The party's going to be awkward for both of them and I can't wait to see it.

(also lmao at Ruri inadvertently helping Liane by blabbering to Astra about how they're rivals, just realized that)

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 3:51PM

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Her father is just too nice for Glamor's plans. :D

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

except that the Japanese pop culture has taught us that anything vaguely Christian is always evil, regardless of how benevolent it looks at first glance.

Nah, DQ taught me churches are great.

last edited at Oct 30, 2021 5:12PM

joined Aug 29, 2019

Daddy didn't get to be in his position by being oblivious. Glamor defo underestimated him.

joined May 23, 2013

Ok the father gives the same vibes as kitano from Angel dentetsu.

Kidsbeingkidscats2
joined Jan 19, 2015

uh guys glamor wanted to ridicule lliane by leaving her in this absolutely new position, knowing how awkawrd liane is. now the father made sure lliane will be well received and might actually make connection to help her fulfill her goal of becoming an archangel. so glamor said she made a mistake because she realized she now did end up helping lliane chan

joined Jun 23, 2017

Best dad
Hopefully this will become the first step to Glamor and Liane becoming friends

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

Best dad
Hopefully this will become the first step to Glamor and Liane becoming friends

I feel like Liane giving Glamor that present a few chapters ago was the first step. This will just take it further.

joined Nov 26, 2020

Ahhh it's so hard to not like Astra. I dont want to like him because I will always suspect that he will be an evil mastermind deep down and it's going to be revealed at some point but he does seem like genuinely nice person

joined Aug 29, 2019

Ahhh it's so hard to not like Astra. I dont want to like him because I will always suspect that he will be an evil mastermind deep down and it's going to be revealed at some point but he does seem like genuinely nice person

I think he looks way too much like a scary bad guy to actually be a bad guy.
Him being a very responsible guy with impeccable integrity is his "gotcha" moment I think.

To reply you must either login or sign up.