Forum › Looking Up to Magical Girls discussion

joined Jul 26, 2016

Oh this is good. Suffer and Baiser have always been the two with the worst "comunication" between them, but I feel like that's about to change.

Well, depends on how you define it. They rather seemed to enjoy going all out at each other...
If I were to guess where Baiser resonates with Azul's masochistic side with Sulfur it's the mutual thrill-seeking adrenaline rush of serious combat instead. Her reaction here kinda reads like "that's my Sulfur, defiant to the end *sniff*" too.

I'm getting the vibe she doesn't quite know what to do with Magenta tho. She's never really developed the same kind of intense relationship with and interest in her as with the other two - though Korisu seems to have started picking up the slack there lately (poor Mags...).

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

i really liked that plot twist!! it was only for a few pages but having sulfur fake-join enormeeta like that genuinely fooled me!! having it all lead up to sulfur's la verita form is also really good story building/pacing, looking forward to how this continues :)

4esenuaj_400x400
joined Sep 16, 2014

That was the most by-the-books magical girl chapter so far, it was just a normal battle in which the good guys win normally including pervy-but-not-really-serious stuff in the bath afterwards. I guess Sulfur was fun, but I hope she doesn't get focus again, this isn't why I'm reading this.

The only interesting bit was showing that having La Veritas has a purpose.

Amimaidprofile
joined Mar 5, 2019

That was the most by-the-books magical girl chapter so far, it was just a normal battle in which the good guys win normally including pervy-but-not-really-serious stuff in the bath afterwards. I guess Sulfur was fun, but I hope she doesn't get focus again, this isn't why I'm reading this.

Each time it's been an "i'm being truer to myself, and what that means" thing. Azul has the serious, icy shrine-maiden side but also a major masochist streak, so hers revolves around redirecting attacks and ice. Sulfur's always been an angry brawler, so of course hers is a yellow element (lightning) and takes the form of a wuxia/chinese martial arts fighter. It works, story wise, because every single one has been like that so far, and explains why Enorme would never evolve; she has too many delusions about the world and herself.

That's also why Baiser was scouted, probably; she has so much deep-seated things about her that conflict with 'normalcy' that she probably has so many things she could unlock....and in doing so, unlock potential in others.

Senkomaid_pinkbg_160
joined Jun 4, 2018

I've been operating under the assumption so far that Baiser has more to her than her sadistic nature letting her go a bit wild. She loves magical girls and it stands to reason she doesn't really want them to lose, so I've always had it in my head that she's operating on some higher level of understanding of the things going on around her and realizes more than what our dumb black mascot thinks. I hope I'm on the right track about that, and there's not going to be a legitimate situation where she's 100% being used for her peculiar nature.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Baiser still the greatest fangirl ever. :D

And Vena clearly has plans of his own - and Tres Magia reaching new forms is apparently part of it...

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Each time it's been an "i'm being truer to myself, and what that means" thing. Azul has the serious, icy shrine-maiden side but also a major masochist streak, so hers revolves around redirecting attacks and ice. Sulfur's always been an angry brawler, so of course hers is a yellow element (lightning) and takes the form of a wuxia/chinese martial arts fighter. It works, story wise, because every single one has been like that so far, and explains why Enorme would never evolve; she has too many delusions about the world and herself.

That's also why Baiser was scouted, probably; she has so much deep-seated things about her that conflict with 'normalcy' that she probably has so many things she could unlock....and in doing so, unlock potential in others.

Yeah the author is clearly fleshing out the cast of characters, along with building up their powers. All for a hinted at grand stage reveal and plan. Which I think is great, this whole chapter and all the build up so far has been very interesting. I enjoy seeing characters come into their own more on both sides, now it feels like both teams are full of interesting characters. I think it's very fun that the hero cast is purposefully having their true power drawn out and displayed in an interesting manner.

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 4:11PM

Venalita%20leaks
joined Nov 21, 2021

I like the fact that this story can be both an ecchi series, a comedy, a romance and an action story. I don't mind of certain chapters and certain characters focus on different parts of that recipe

joined Dec 16, 2017

I like the fact that this story can be both an ecchi series, a comedy, a romance and an action story. I don't mind of certain chapters and certain characters focus on different parts of that recipe

That's gotta be difficult and to keep it up (no pun intended) and keep it interesting for that long must be a challenge. I really look forward to every update of this series because it keeps every one of those elements in front and intact. Even if one side diminishes a bit, it balances back out in the next. That is talent so thanks to the author and the TL team here.

Its just a fun series.

joined Dec 18, 2020

Love this series. I really want to see the aftermath of the battle from enormeeta's side. Kinda worried for Utena, that last punch looked like it hurt.

Sena
joined Jun 27, 2017

The good old "I'm using you all for my own purposes and the fact that it makes you all insanely powerful will definitely absolutely never come back to bite my arse" evil mastermind strategy ...

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

This manga is like a weird combination of the most yabai shit and then somehow some genuinely cool powers and action set pieces.

C0947de7-7a05-45f6-b936-7324bb0fa409
joined May 18, 2019

Whats going on between alt Kyubey and big lady? Will Magia Baiser be okay after that assault from Sulfur? Will ever Sayo get out of those bubbles!!!? Find out next time on: "I power up everytime I see girls wrecked"

last edited at Nov 21, 2021 8:06PM

__sakura_futaba_persona_and_persona_5_drawn_by_kion_kun__d693cf24f18f5565a7cc666e236df3fc
joined Apr 9, 2019

So literally, Kaoruko and the Ten Rings? I'm down for it.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

Se volvió seinen de golpe

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(2)
joined Oct 3, 2021

Anyone else was reminded of this shampoo prank video?

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 12:26AM

Venalita%20leaks
joined Nov 21, 2021

Love this series. I really want to see the aftermath of the battle from enormeeta's side. Kinda worried for Utena, that last punch looked like it hurt.

Battle damage seems a bit inconsistent in this series.
• Bruising from Utena spanking them lasted through them transforming back to humans and back to magical girls again
• Magenta got healed by Sulfur after battling Utena while wearing pasties
• Utena healed mid battle by herself from Kiwi attacking her while controlled by Nemo going from bleeding to a faint line
• Utena's damage from fighting Lord seemed to disappear when she entered her Excited Form
• Kiwi's damage from fighting Sister lasted quite a bit with her being all bandaged up for the remainder of the arc
• Sulfur seems to have healed by using La Verita even regenerating her magical girl outfit

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 1:07AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

Sulfur was beating that creep with a brick. Absolute mad lass.

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

This is exactly what Baiser wants from this, though. As in, it's literally her declared goal as the leader.

C67
joined Aug 19, 2021

Kaoruko is beyond badass. Annihilating demons literally with bricks and her bare fists without any super power lmao.

last edited at Nov 22, 2021 9:55AM

joined Sep 11, 2019

You love to see it.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Kaoruko is beyond badass. Annihilating demons literally with bricks and her bare fists without any super power lmao.

The poleaxed reaction of the... at the time Dos Magia I suppose? particularly sells it.

9a905fe6a22b0201f7ade2de48a73f8d
joined Jan 22, 2014

I've been operating under the assumption so far that Baiser has more to her than her sadistic nature letting her go a bit wild. She loves magical girls and it stands to reason she doesn't really want them to lose, so I've always had it in my head that she's operating on some higher level of understanding of the things going on around her and realizes more than what our dumb black mascot thinks. I hope I'm on the right track about that, and there's not going to be a legitimate situation where she's 100% being used for her peculiar nature.

Oh, our black mascot is not dumb. He knows that Utena won't ever really hurt the Magical Girls, and that he can only push Utena so far. And Utena knows she's a leader in name only, but she makes the best use of the situation anyway

I love the part where Venalita suggests the "logical" thing to do (namely eliminating Tres Magica once defeated), only to be shut down by Utena. Usually Vena never tries to force Utena. He knows he can't. Instead he stirs up situations, where Utena must act in her role. This one is an exception and Utana is quick shut him down.

Although, that exchange with hindsight can also be read as Vena calling Sulfur's bluff, by suggesting they eliminate the other two, and Utena telling that he's fully aware of the bluff, but this is her show, and she's going along with it.

Despite the huge amounts of fanservice, this manga is waaay more cleverly written, then many out there.

9d94c4a9-d46e-49f0-a68e-0a44d27fedb6
joined Oct 22, 2021

A magical girl bdsm hentai has no business being this compelling. This story is incredible.

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

I've been struggling to place what the author was doing with Sulfur for a long time, but now I get it and I'm even more in awe of this story.

So I really like how coming to terms with herself has taken away some of Sulfur's jagged edge. She always seemed scrappy, bad-tempered, and like she was kind of burning herself up just being around. She seemed really distant even from her own team, like their earnestness and good-natured outlook ran up against her. She had so much aggression and anger, and it was just constantly leaking out of her.

But look at how she changes when she fully embraces her competitiveness and drive to fight. Her scrappy nature becomes very focused on the actual fighting, and the joy and liberation of it, and so she has room to let her allies get closer, and to be more emotionally connected to them.

The same way Azul's love of pain muddled her ability to fight for victory and her beliefs, Sulfur's love of conflict made it difficult for her to connect with people. And in both cases, embracing the deeper truth of that part of themself let them tap into it in a beautiful and directed way that is healthy and productive rather than maladaptive or destructive. I was having a hard time figuring out how Sulfur fit this story thematically, because she doesn't seem very kinky or sexual about any of this, but now I get it. Her arc speaks to something that lies at the heart of BDSM, a part this isn't even necessarily sexual.

See, when you set aside all the fun things that stand out to people--the bondage, the power exchange, pain play, all that kind of stuff--at its core it's about reaching deep into your heart and letting out all the dark and scary things there in a safe and healthy way. Maybe you have trauma of guilt, and messing up in a scene brings it up all the way up to your skin, and being punished and forgiven absolves you and gives you deep relief. Or you've been forced to bottle up pain and smother your anger for the sake of your own safety, and the chance to be the one in control, to satisfy that urge to hurt someone with a partner who enjoys it and encourages it, burns away at the sense of helplessness you've been carrying, and provides relief for the anger you've had to turn in toward yourself. And you'll notice that the emotions I've described aren't inherently sexual. Indeed, many professional dominants have strict no-sex rules, and are in the business of providing their clients catharsis through their expertise; it's about an emotional release, not a physical one.

All this is to say that while BDSM can be very sexy, the sex is not required. Strong emotions can make sex better, but you don't need the sex.

So, bringing it all back to Sulfur. We don't know her full backstory, but it's clear that some form of anger, which she's had to suppress as a member of society and as a high-profile magical girl, has been festering inside her. But through their scene together, through challenging her and goading her and creating space for her, Baiser dig deep to the bottom of that desire to fight with everything she has and win, to be strong enough, and bring it fully to the surface. She helps her find emotional release and actualization, and that is what the La Verita form is.

It's not sexual, and in being non-sexual it demonstrates the depth of the author's understanding of BDSM as a form of communication and a means for emotional growth. It's another of the many ways that each character in this story showcases all the aspects of BDSM through the archetypes of a mahou shoujo story and I am so here for it.

As a side note, this all makes me even more excited to see what happens with Magenta, who has a strong sense of empathy and willingness to go with the flow, but seems to be kind of a pushover not fully committed to fighting. This story is bonkers.

To reply you must either login or sign up.