Forum › My Best Friend Who I Love Fell Completely in Love With My Vtuber Self discussion

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

I get that they need the voice changer thing for this to work, but the vast majority of vtubers don't use them, so why would she?

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

Took long enough for someone to make this

Hodo%20hodo
joined Apr 11, 2019

good stuff, would love to see more

joined May 24, 2014

Yes! I saw this on pixivy and wondered what was about

Miowink
joined Aug 21, 2020

Ah, yeah this author became a big fan of Hololive. I suppose it was inevitable that they would make a comic about vtubers.

Pee
joined Oct 1, 2014

insta fav

Chamo
joined Mar 15, 2019

Yes! Finally! Thank you /u/ Scanlations! I was waiting for someone to translate this, it's such a cute little story!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Friggin' Vtubers, man. Feels like I woke up one morning and the entire anime/manga scene was suddenly obsessed with them. Very disorienting.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Meta

Img_0053
joined Sep 19, 2017

I get that they need the voice changer thing for this to work, but the vast majority of vtubers don't use them, so why would she?

It was said in character chart. She can’t stand her own cute voice

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I am paranoid, seeing the color of their eyes and thinking "they match Kanacoco..." but this author loves Kanacoco...

LaPucelleOnGirls
La%20pucelle%2004
joined Apr 12, 2021

Shou is back and this our first yuri manga about vtubers

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Hmm well I guess this means she's not capable of putting on a stream voice of her own. Since most Vtubers don't use voice changers they usually do one of the following, use their normal voice, a spin on their normal voice, or they change it up completely for streaming via their own vocal talent.

Using a voice changer is risky and especially if you're not up front about it. Since tech tends to fail a lot, everyone makes mistakes, and I believe it's limiting with doing things like in person collabs with your Vtuber friends, along with other stuff. A person using a voice changer after awhile would likely have their actual voice come out eventually...and it makes me wonder if that's the real reason the author chose for her to use a voice changer. The voice changer eventually fails or something and her friend instantly recognizes it's her. Hell I'll call it now haha

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 8:00PM

Profile%20picture
joined Jan 23, 2018

Yuri Vtuber manga with an MC called Sukoya... but the author is a known Hololive fan and as far as I know has never shown any interest in Crossick. Is this just a huge coincidence?

joined May 29, 2021

Now THIS is a contemporary manga for contemporary audiences.

joined Jan 6, 2017

10/10, can't wait for 100+ chapters of uselessness

Kiarabg
joined Sep 6, 2018

It’s Botan. She’s Botan.

joined Oct 17, 2016

I love this mangaka. Shinozaki-San was one of the first yuri manga I ever read and it was great so I have high hopes for this one!!

C6ecb18a42241236b33d8a43252bfaf1
joined Apr 30, 2020

Vtuber yuri manga! LETS GO!

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

It's a stretch, but I instantly thought of 'The Dragon of Dojima' and 'Dragon vs Tiger' motifs, and chuckled.

joined Nov 22, 2019

Hmm well I guess this means she's not capable of putting on a stream voice of her own. Since most Vtubers don't use voice changers they usually do one of the following, use their normal voice, a spin on their normal voice, or they change it up completely for streaming via their own vocal talent.

Using a voice changer is risky and especially if you're not up front about it. Since tech tends to fail a lot, everyone makes mistakes, and I believe it's limiting with doing things like in person collabs with your Vtuber friends, along with other stuff. A person using a voice changer after awhile would likely have their actual voice come out eventually...and it makes me wonder if that's the real reason the author chose for her to use a voice changer. The voice changer eventually fails or something and her friend instantly recognizes it's her. Hell I'll call it now haha

Zentreya from VShojo uses a program that takes her voice and outputs as the text to speech voice and to my knowledge no one has ever heard her actual voice.

Wsewamzlrlff%20(2)
joined Jul 2, 2018

Oh just realized it's a series, welp, time for listening to vtubers as I read vtubers, my whole life, gone

7cef6765-347e-4891-9364-552dfe71ffd8
joined Sep 28, 2020

reminds me of those stories Subaru told about her friends lmao

Nyaa
joined Aug 18, 2021

I love this mangaka. Shinozaki-San was one of the first yuri manga I ever read and it was great so I have high hopes for this one!!

"Shinozaki-san Ki wo Ota Shika ni!" was excellent and people don't talk about it enough (probably because the yuri factor wasn't toooooo present, even though it's yuri without a doubt).

This first chapter was kinda lowkey (just explaining the premise, basically), but I expect this to be pretty funny considering it's from the Shinozaki mangaka and apparently there's 10 chapters out already! And, yeah, looking at Hikawa-sensei's twitter it seems like they are pretty addicted to hololive lol (self insert manga???).

President%20and%20new%20hire%20profile%20pic%202
joined Sep 27, 2017

Zentreya from VShojo uses a program that takes her voice and outputs as the text to speech voice and to my knowledge no one has ever heard her actual voice.

Yeah she's definitely one of the main Vtubers that has it down to a science. I'm mainly saying accidents do happen with streamers semi-often and they have tech problems frequently as well, so there's I think at least some risk and hassle with most voice changers, but maybe I'm wrong and they're more failproof than I'm thinking. Also at least with Zen everyone knows she uses the text to speech voice and it's done in an obvious manner, so people wouldn't be surprised if she for some reason decides to use her actual voice at some point, or some tech error occurs where her actual voices comes through, but I don't know if that's even possible with how she does it.

Still at least with this manga I'm placing money on the voice changer failing for some reason, tech error or she forgot to turn it on, maybe she decides to do a voice reveal. Something that gives her voice away to her friend. I could be super far off, but it's fun to make theories at least.

last edited at Sep 26, 2021 10:38PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.