Forum › The leader of the circle at the next table was my ex-girlfriend... discussion

joined May 15, 2021

I kind of get but still dont understand why they break up, i mean, yeah having the same tastes can lead to some problems or make the relationship boring at some point but.... Yeah i still dont understand

Dusnkzfu8aeqg-g
joined Dec 19, 2018

I cried

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

I really enjoyed that

Eterna%20rinebow%20small
joined Oct 20, 2017

I kind of get but still dont understand why they break up, i mean, yeah having the same tastes can lead to some problems or make the relationship boring at some point but.... Yeah i still dont understand

I had the same question, but I think the easiest answer is that Rika had to move to a different town for work, and she couldn't handle the long distance relationship.

Clues:

When did you move back to town? / ...Six months ago.
[...]
I still have your last text from 2 years ago. "I can't handle this, let's stop seeing each other," you said.

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 4:56PM

Akebi_underwater_2_10
joined Jun 1, 2020

Dude, I love those "meaningful looks", like another comment perfectly describes, I can't get enough of them; always give me the butterflies. In Usui Shio's works, in particular, there's something about how they (she?) do those looks - a passion, a fire that sets me alight as well.

89922099_p0_3_32
joined Nov 15, 2017

What's a black company though? Sounds scary.

Company treats the employees like shit. Overworking and verbal abuse. Refers to office work most of the time.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@uncertain A black company is one that opperates outside the labor laws. I mean im sure the authorities often know about them and overlook them- they probably use bribes for inspections etc or just have connections, or have a cover.
I also get the impression labor laws are pretty lax in their implementation in Japan anyways.

They have terrible work conditions like youd be fired if you dont work 100+ hr a week, not getting over time or holidays, ignore health n safety rules etc- all to be more profitable. But people will work for them if they desperate for a job.

They probably pop up and get shut down a lot. I dont know how common they are but I can say i've heard of them in multiple anime and manga so not too uncommon I guess?

Like ^SpencerSDH says it almost always seems to be office work- cram 200 people at desks working 15hr+ days- doing what Ms Kobayashi refered to as the 'death march'.

last edited at Aug 7, 2021 7:30PM

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

That's sweet.

Img_1857
joined Apr 4, 2021

@uncertain A black company is one that opperates outside the labor laws. I mean im sure the authorities often know about them and overlook them- they probably use bribes for inspections etc or just have connections, or have a cover.
I also get the impression labor laws are pretty lax in their implementation in Japan anyways.

They have terrible work conditions like youd be fired if you dont work 100+ hr a week, not getting over time or holidays, ignore health n safety rules etc- all to be more profitable. But people will work for them if they desperate for a job.

They probably pop up and get shut down a lot. I dont know how common they are but I can say i've heard of them in multiple anime and manga so not too uncommon I guess?

Like ^SpencerSDH says it almost always seems to be office work- cram 200 people at desks working 15hr+ days- doing what Ms Kobayashi refered to as the 'death march'.

Uuhf I see... 100 hours means every day, 14 hrs a day! Hardly enough time to eat and sleep...

0025_2d6ec0da0f4bf2e38ab1a00396fa809b
joined Feb 7, 2013

Is it time for an Ex-girlfriend tag?

Takasaki Reika
Untitled315
joined Mar 30, 2021

let us see what happened next!

Pfp
joined Aug 12, 2017

What did she remember at the end, tf

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

What did she remember at the end, tf

Rika's mangaka or circle name is kotetsu- Mai wondered why she chose such a wierd nickname earlier in the story.

Then near the end after Mai recalls all the happy past events with her gf- she is thinking rika doesn't remember them fondly like she does which is why she was gonna let her go right? But we saw in one of Mai's flashbacks Kotetsu was the name Rika gave the wierd guy she drew on the first omu rice she made Rika.

So Rika had picked a mangaka nickname for herself from a past shared memmory- which she obviously must have fondly remembered, and Mai suddenly recalled right at the end where the name Kotetsu came from- and that Mai DOES fondly remember their past.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

that credits page is speaking facts tho

Touhou%20i.2
joined May 16, 2021

I'd second that we need one right now for these sweet stories!

Amity%20blight%20purple%20hair%20
joined Aug 2, 2021

I feel u man

joined Apr 28, 2021

I haven't read much ex-girlfriends stories before but this makes me want to start. This story was super cute and lovely, I love Usui Shio's works!

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

I like the story but the fact that we don't know why they broke up keeps on nagging at me. 'What couldn't she handle' I wonder. There had to be a good enough reason for her to break up so suddenly over text. Maybe mental health issues? Or something worse? I guess I shouldn't put this much thought into it though.

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Cornonthekopp posted:

The meaningful looks are one of the great things about yuri/lgbt media in general. I can’t get enough of ambiguous loaded staring, they always make my heart flutter

Absolutely, 1000%.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think the MC is too high-maintenance, tbh.

Images
joined Aug 19, 2018

I'd second that we need one right now for these sweet stories!

Well, well, well......

joined Aug 10, 2021

I am still waiting for a sequel smh

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

i think MC is an idiot. Ex-GF is sweet and good.

277518907_284798580472730_8969942845314652470_n
joined Sep 19, 2021

why do i just come across this every now and then, agonising over why this doesn't have any sequel...
arghhh mannn really hope they have a happy end

To reply you must either login or sign up.