Forum › OTP order is a touchy subject! discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Uwawawa nice couple so cuteeee

D4d93d7defd05c7fbedff90b7d82fc4e
joined Sep 26, 2020

I used to be really conflicted when the top of my OTP becomes the bottom, but I have learned now to appreciate both sides. But I still prefer my OTP top as top--!!!

Me_avatar_smaller
joined Aug 4, 2018

I understand this so well! I have a lot of moments where I just feel like "oh gods, there's no way that one is bottom I don't accept this!!!" and that happens so much...

Y5
joined Jul 23, 2020

reminded me of that one episode where Kae and Nishina fought over the same thing. too bad they didn't end up together.

AND WHY FIGHT OVER WHO'S THE UKE OR SEME. REVERSAL'S THE BEST.

last edited at Sep 11, 2021 7:00AM

Image_2022-10-30_015926894
joined Jun 3, 2021

i wonder if any fights over otps ever get this serious

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

...thank god these idiots have locked each other down instead of inflicting themselves on sane adults.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Seems legit lmfao

joined Jun 11, 2016

BL fandoms tend to fight over who's the bottom and who's top in a relationship like this, it's very much real.

Seriously though, OTP order fights are scary. I've seen fandoms war within themselves over this, it was both hilarious and terrifying to watch.

However, I just noticed that BL fangirls fight about this much more than GL and het.

Bard_smol
joined Jun 12, 2021

The credits page made Natsume dead to me for all eternity.

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

BL fandoms tend to fight over who's the bottom and who's top in a relationship like this, it's very much real.

Seriously though, OTP order fights are scary. I've seen fandoms war within themselves over this, it was both hilarious and terrifying to watch.

However, I just noticed that BL fangirls fight about this much more than GL and het.

BL fandoms are scary

joined Mar 19, 2020

Lol I kind of agree with natsume

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

This is why I don't like fujoshi. Not joking, these arguments are specifically why I don't like interacting with BL fandom

Eh, I prefer too short to too long

last edited at Sep 11, 2021 8:10AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

shipping is serious bussines

joined Sep 1, 2021

I haven't read much, so maybe I'm just ill-informed, but BL seems... hyper heteronormative. Like, even Yuri isn't entirely free from heteronormativity - consider the rarity of butch/butch pairings - but even with butch/femme pairings, which most closely resemble heterosexual relationships, the characters have more freedom to make up for eachother's short comings in a more organic manner, rather than following some script - one character being The Man and the other being The Woman. One character is more masculine than the other, sure, but both of them are girls/women, and the text is clear on that fact.

Gallery-cg15
joined Aug 12, 2019

I think it's already amazing to have a partner who has the same otp as you. Imagine being into ChikaRiko but your loved one loves YoshiRiko.

joined May 8, 2018

I have the same problem when it comes to OTP roles. Do I like it the same or do I prefer reversal? Reversal is a nice change of pace, but sometimes, I can't help but prefer the usual roles. Even when I'm writing. I just can't help it but to write the MC as a bottom just because her girlfriend is a succubus.

last edited at Sep 11, 2021 9:24AM

370f6e22d5477fb96887976c3c5039f4410b136d
joined Oct 19, 2020

Big Himawari and Sakurako energy here
The couples that fight the most are the friskiest
They probably fuck like tigers behind closed doors

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

I don't get the entire OTP mechanics but the couple here is really cute I find it funny that people actually argue over ships but this is noice

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Ah yes.. the Fujoshi shipping wars, definitely something they do and not something I do with Yuru Yuri and love live,I'm not enraged when someone "miss-ships" my ships, nope NOT AL ALL! lmao.

But that's just about who gets who, when it comes to who's top or bottom I really could not care less lol

last edited at Sep 11, 2021 10:26AM

20200827_004119
joined Jan 3, 2017

That hand is going somewhere.

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

Today in Realistic Yuri: the real adult reasons to get in a relationship and stick to it.

joined Feb 1, 2021

I'm glad I'm not a BL fan, these two make being one seem like a lot of work.

joined Dec 13, 2020

That's because when you're scissoring you give and receive at the same time. There's ambivalence, there's fluctuation. Different readings are possible and fun to compare.

Nothing like the matter of whose dick goes in whose butthole which is SERIOUS BUSINESS.

joined Jul 23, 2019

Ah yes.. the Fujoshi shipping wars, definitely something they do and not something I do with Yuru Yuri, I'm not enraged when someone "mis-ships" my ships, nope NOT AL ALL! lmao.

Yui x Kyouko otp, right? Ayano can go kiss a duck!

And Sakurako better fall off a cliff, so Himawari can find someone better!

joined Feb 1, 2021

Ah yes.. the Fujoshi shipping wars, definitely something they do and not something I do with Yuru Yuri, I'm not enraged when someone "mis-ships" my ships, nope NOT AL ALL! lmao.

Yui x Kyouko otp, right? Ayano can go kiss a duck!

And Sakurako better fall off a cliff, so Himawari can find someone better!

SHOTS FIRED lol

To reply you must either login or sign up.