Forum › Pretender discussion

joined May 24, 2014

They're both terrible people.

joined Sep 6, 2018

Ick.

20230426_020903
joined Jul 19, 2018

This artist always make manga with terrible characters and plot... just my opinion.

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

Instead of landing on either side, the coin just decided to keep flipping on its edge forever.

0ee2c60a-7956-404b-9118-b3d2a41bdeae
joined Dec 7, 2020

Classic Kodama, bad person x bad person. At least you know what you’re getting everytime.

herenowforever
Singeraigenerated
joined Feb 11, 2018

These girls know what truly matters for a real relationship.

joined May 24, 2014

This artist always make manga with terrible characters and plot... just my opinion.

No, no. The characthers being horrible people makes for a good plot.

joined Dec 13, 2013

kodama got soft on this one, they're not really terrible
outside of the guy's thing, ayaka is just a poor girl trying everything she can just to not live miserable
mc is... well, i have seen worse

Heheee
joined Feb 27, 2020

Wow. welp, that's Kodama for ya. I got into the habit of listening to "Hey" by Pixies everytime I read something from her, it feels kinda fitting. I liked this one to be honest, I knew what I was in for from the beginning though.

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

I'm glad it's just oneshots nowadays coz if this artist made a whole series then it's gonna be terribly depressing

Untitled%20(3)
joined Jan 7, 2019

Well, the moment you read a Kodama manga, this is what you signing up for, also, as someone already said, she gone easy on these 2 as we know she can do worse.

Agreed. It makes the story more interesting, well to me anyway.

Webp.net-resizeimage%20(1)
joined Jan 7, 2018

Agreed. It makes the story more interesting, well to me anyway.

Yea, sometimes I'm in the mood for bitter coffee with no sugar.

joined Sep 19, 2020

Love Kodama's works. Unique author. Shitty people trying to make connections. This is so realistic. Good stuff.

This one is kinda mild by her standards , though.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Hahahahaha Kodama really drove in her taste for horrible, cute women with how many times she mentioned it in this one. It was fun.

Enanano
joined Oct 16, 2020

Well, this was fun to read...

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

I'm completely fucking wasted rn. Anyone care to explain to me why's blond girl bad to me? She seems kinda fine just in love with a gold digger

last edited at Aug 31, 2021 7:57PM

joined Oct 27, 2018

Love Kodama's works. Unique author. Shitty people trying to make connections. This is so realistic. Good stuff.

This one is kinda mild by her standards , though.

It really isn't realistic, the thing that actually puts me off most of her works is how weird and unrealistic her characters usually act, although I guess I should give this one some credit as it is probably one of her more realistic ones. The gold digger turns out to be a poor girl desperate to get out of her situation and the "nice girl" friend turns out to be an entitled creep, this kinda thing is far more believable than some of her other stuff.

Mistress Trupin
joined Jul 24, 2018

I'm fairly sure Kodama wrote in an afterword or something somewhere that she likes writing terrible people

Pikachuwhat
joined Mar 13, 2014

Kodama Naoko's art is always great, just like how the characters are always horrible lol

last edited at Aug 31, 2021 8:40PM

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

This was so plain. Nothing new, no improvement. It's Kodama with her slutty, terrible bitch.

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

I want a psychological explanation why humans are attracted to bitches and bad boys (for heteros). I've experience this at work too, there's this annoying client that even though they're not that important I was so eager to get them sign up?

last edited at Aug 31, 2021 9:01PM

20200928_020352-min
joined Sep 8, 2020

That was unpleasant

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

Hahahahaha Kodama really drove in her taste for horrible, cute women with how many times she mentioned it in this one. It was fun.

This is true. Idk, no matter what people say about her works I always find myself digging for more. She really grow in me haha

Imageedit_2_8608112332
joined May 12, 2021

I feel like "beautiful girl with a horrible personality" describes the love interest in almost all of Kodama Naoko's stories

last edited at Aug 31, 2021 9:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.