Forum › Crescent Moon and Doughnuts discussion

New%20dynasty%20reader%20profile
joined Oct 22, 2018

F in the chat for Fuuka, who will inevitably become a stepping stone that exists solely for Asahi to get her shit together and figure out that she wants to be with Hinako.

For some reason, I have a feeling that Fuuka will end up with Subaru.

Heh, same.

"I am shocked, shocked, to find out there are complicated multipolar relationships going on in a romance manga!"
"Here's your sidecouple, sir."
"Oh, thank you."

lol

Sayakaismyspiritlesbian
2021-08-03%2003.41.23%20i.redd.it%207567365f2e5a
joined Jul 30, 2021

It seems like Asahi has a case of the blushies

...and it's fatal.

joined Aug 8, 2021

I've felt this before... A confession happens then clothes shopping before a said date with another person. Where did I see this before?... feels like there will be another confession after this.

This part is actually kind of similar to chapter 29 of Useless Princesses.

Subaru
joined Jul 31, 2019

Volume 2 out in English on Amazon if anyone cares:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B095W5LVTD

Utena%20rose%20white%20200x200
joined Mar 28, 2014

I sure miss my 15th doughnut

Jl83e9qs73r71
joined Jun 11, 2021

This depresses me

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

I adore this series. I cannot wait for the conclusion. Thanks for the release <3

joined Jul 26, 2016

A moment of silence for Fuuka, who died with honour ;_;7

joined Feb 1, 2021

A moment of silence for Fuuka, who died with honour ;_;7

I am pressing F.

joined Aug 21, 2021

Mad respect to Fuuka.

B317d5337236dc7a4d6785c89a6164b7c373ff6av2_hq
joined Sep 16, 2017

Este manga me mama mucho

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

Thank you, Fuuka—you have done your job with style and grace.

As a parting gift, you get a shot at Subaru, maybe in an omake.

Butt
joined Sep 26, 2020

Hang in there, Hinako. I'm sorry, Fuuka. So many nice girls in this series. I just want happiness for all of them.

joined Jun 6, 2021

The moon is beautiful, if you could but see it.

0003_proc
joined Jul 21, 2019

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

420e065dfd1a4d6b3655ec2b8f710afc%20(1)
joined Apr 25, 2020

Oh man I'm heartbroken. But it's not just because I was a Fuuka stan, but because the author handled the situation so well, the dialogue and the thoughts felt so real and authentic.

My heart broke again, just like it did with Toko and Sayaka (YagaKimi spoiler for those who didn't read it yet)

joined Sep 22, 2015

Fuuka, a great soldier and martyr. You will not be forgotten. She has joined the ranks of Sayaka and like her, your sacrifice shall not go unrewarded.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Can we take a moment to appreciate how she instantly No Sells Asahi's attempt at being dumb and stereotypical out of guilty conscience?

...probably knows the lady well enough to have been expecting that. Somewhat misguided sense of responsibility is kind of Asahi's thing after all.

joined Mar 26, 2021

Well that was expected how it ends but still how it went to this in this chapter, you did wrote it nice author-san. I kind of was shipping Fuuka and Subaru.
Asahi wants to see Hinako, Hinako wants to see Asahi, so I thought when Hinako will turn that corner she'll see her destination but probably Asahi just went straight to her place

D05536d6-01d1-4527-9102-4cc772fad5ed
joined Jul 6, 2020

Isn’t subaru like 16? Idk about that age gap for all the Fuuka/Subaru shippers out there. I do hope that Fuuka can move on though, she deserves a relationship not based on obligation

Helmet
joined Jun 9, 2021

I wasn't even rooting for Fuuka and Asahi, but it's still sad. Of course I feel bad for Fuuka, but I also feel like she's giving up way too soon after hanging on for years? But I suppose it's maybe in character for her, who is said to go into and out of relationships quickly.

More than feeling bad for Fuuka though, I feel bad for Asahi. I feel like I've been in Asahi's position before, feeling lonely, and thinking maybe it really would be nice to fall in love, but still not being able to. It's an awful feeling, wondering what's wrong with one's self, to be unable to make someone happy, or even step up to the starting line without stumbling.

Maybe it's hopeless from the start, or maybe what Asahi needs is some patience to let her grow accustomed to letting someone else in? Not saying that Fuuka needs to feel responsible for unpacking Asahi's baggage, but it's there, and it's not going away after a single date.

(Also: I won't be surprised if Fuuka and Subaru end up together, but I honestly hope they don't. It feels like it'd be way too much of a plot convenience in a story that has been otherwise pretty relatable and grounded. As far as I can tell, the only thing they have in common is that they care about Asahi, which is pretty weak chemistry for a relationship.)

last edited at Aug 29, 2021 2:27AM

Gay%20panic
joined Sep 11, 2020

I also hope Fuuka x Subaru don't get together. But I hope Fuuka can get over Asahi now.

This is one of the best series I've read lol I hope we get the next chapter soon

joined Jul 26, 2016

Isn’t subaru like 16? Idk about that age gap for all the Fuuka/Subaru shippers out there.

She's mentioned to be due to college entrance exams the next year - which the sisters had a 'bit' of a fight over back in ch12 - so should be 17-ish. Asahi's about 29 and Fuuka's more or less the same as she mentioned they were classmates.

As far as I can tell, the only thing they have in common is that they care about Asahi, which is pretty weak chemistry for a relationship.

...I'm not sure we've been reading the same series here. Aside from how much the two bounce off and understand each other, a reminder that Fuuka's just about helped change Subaru's diapers back in the day - when she says the kid is "like a little sister" to her she means it.
Which of course gives Subaru a wee bit of an additional hurdle to clear because bet your ass that's going to make it emotionally difficult for Fuuka to come around to the idea. Probably doesn't help that Subaru's currently in an age bracket that's by default kinda reflexively off-limits for Miss Teacher on account of basic professional ethics...

Runrin-icon-wrd-2
joined Feb 9, 2019

Thank you, Fuuka—you have done your job with style and grace.

As a parting gift, you get a shot at Subaru, maybe in an omake.

lol yeah, been expecting fuuka x subaru for a while, tho it's kinda creepy to get rejected by the girl you like then start dating her younger sister instead...

joined Sep 11, 2019

Aaaaaaaaaaah.
Fuukaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
But you did well, I give props to you.

To reply you must either login or sign up.