Forum › Whispering You a Love Song discussion

joined Mar 8, 2019

I can imagine Shiho's shock that someone else captivated Aki romantically but that her new love is also musically inclined? Well that's devastating for Shiho... And Aki didn't even end up dating the girl she was cast aside for? To top it off, Yori is oblivious to Aki's feelings, still ignorant to the fact that she played a role in the dissolution of her friendship with Aki, and is happily in a relationship with a cute sweet freshie? It's like pouring acid on an open wound.

joined Jan 6, 2017

I honestly can’t stand Shiho. Her personality and egotism is just unbearable. If she has feelings for Aki like the comment above me suggests, and which I am inclined to believe, she should not end up with her or anyone else at the end. I can’t understand why Hima would even want to remain friends with her after the way she acted this chapter.

Her resolution could just as well be her succeeding. Shiho has failed in the past which is why she's like now, so all I think her failing would do is cause her to double down on the mentality she has right now; but having her win but still not get what she really wants might actually challenge the views.

That’s also a plausible way things could go. Having her win may actually have the same effect, as I believe that winning would be what causes her to double down. A major arc of hers is learning it’s okay not to be the best, so one could say losing would help her grow, while winning could tech her that her stance is correct. However I believe it could go either way. I suspect that no matter what, her actions are going to lead to everyone alienating her, because that would be the the most effective development to show her how wrong her viewpoint truly is. And for the reader, based on my experience with this story and the vast majority of of the commenters on this forum, it would be the most satisfying conclusion to her part in the story

Whoa whoa whoa, why is there so much hate for Shiho? Do you have any idea how hard it is to have the thing you love tainted by bitterness? And then your alternative also tainted by others bitterness towards you? It's so freaking hard to recover from something like that. She's fighting to be good at band despite all that. I think it's admirable.

She said her life is meaningless without music, but what can she do music-wise that isn't a devastating reminder of her lack of ability? Guitar. But then that was screwed up too. It's not like Aki's handling it any better. Should Aki end up alone?

Yes people who act like this end up alone in reality. Toxic right? Just leave all the toxic people to die metaphorically. But leave toxic people alone, and you get people who treat each other in all the awful ways in this world.

But even if one person doesn't give up on them, they can find a way to push through. Sure they're not immediately non-toxic, but maybe with time they can find something they're passionate about again and gain love and confidence in themselves again. It's how life is for me right now anyway.

That someone might just be Hina. She doesn't seem like the kind of person to abandon Shiho no matter what might happen. Hopefully

Jo
joined Jan 1, 2019

All these comments about Shiho's character and her psyche... She's just an asshole.
We all have complex feelings and emotions (including fictional characters) but an asshole is still an asshole.

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 1:23AM

Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

I love the many people desperately pointing out that Shihos an asshole. First of all its nice to know that apparently we are all linked together like a hive mind as it is (many times) point blank stated as a fact rather than a personal opinion. (this might not be everyones intent but it only goes to show that we all are biased to our truth/opinion even when discussing something we try to be factual/neutral about) What is perceived by an individual as being an asshole or not is not something you can generalize that easily. Yes there is a general agreement to what is more likely to be perceived as one but that doesn't make it the ultimate truth for everyone and thus the only right answear. If the majority of people hated equal rights would that make it your truth as well I ask? Also the word "asshole" should not be mistaken for the word "bad" or "evil" as too many think of them as the same. While "bad" and "evil" have rather clear and cut meanings wich are only changed by further context "asshole" is to begin with only really given an accurate meaning with context.
I also want to ask the purpose of these comments in the first place. It is in everyone's right to post and write their thoughts and opinions but accidentally) coating ones opinion as a fact but acting as if it wasn't yet still getting angry when given "opinion/sugarcoated fact" is not perceived as an actual fact/the truth is just something one can not come up with actually existing but still does. Like do you want gratification so badly on your opinion/take on it? Does proving of you being on the side of the majority mean so much to you for being right? I don't get it. But that's just my take on the situation and you are free to disagree. Might have even given some people a good example for an asshole as I am sure some will perceive me as one after this xD

Capturedsfdsss_x213
joined Mar 16, 2018

I love the many people desperately pointing out that Shihos an asshole. First of all its nice to know that apparently we are all linked together like a hive mind as it is (many times) point blank stated as a fact rather than a personal opinion. (this might not be everyones intent but it only goes to show that we all are biased to our truth/opinion even when discussing something we try to be factual/neutral about) What is perceived by an individual as being an asshole or not is not something you can generalize that easily. Yes there is a general agreement to what is more likely to be perceived as one but that doesn't make it the ultimate truth for everyone and thus the only right answear. If the majority of people hated equal rights would that make it your truth as well I ask? Also the word "asshole" should not be mistaken for the word "bad" or "evil" as too many think of them as the same. While "bad" and "evil" have rather clear and cut meanings wich are only changed by further context "asshole" is to begin with only really given an accurate meaning with context.
I also want to ask the purpose of these comments in the first place. It is in everyone's right to post and write their thoughts and opinions but accidentally) coating ones opinion as a fact but acting as if it wasn't yet still getting angry when given "opinion/sugarcoated fact" is not perceived as an actual fact/the truth is just something one can not come up with actually existing but still does. Like do you want gratification so badly on your opinion/take on it? Does proving of you being on the side of the majority mean so much to you for being right? I don't get it. But that's just my take on the situation and you are free to disagree. Might have even given some people a good example for an asshole as I am sure some will perceive me as one after this xD

I think you are long winded but an asshole? Nah.

I don't have much of an opinion of Shiho because at this point there just doesn't seem to be much to her.
She's written as a pretty typical "rival/antagonist" sort of character and she pulls it off kinda well.
She's got a petty grudge against Miuzu (obviously about love or somethin') but is decent enough to Hino and her bandmates
She's also like super competitive

Also, like people have opinions on the things that they read and want to comment on them. That's all
I doubt most people give a shit about being in the majority consensus, more likely the opposite
Shiho is clearly being written in a certain way and people are responding to it.

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 5:00AM

Unbenannttz
joined Aug 17, 2016

I think you are long winded but an asshole? Nah.

I don't have much of an opinion of Shiho because at this point there just doesn't seem to be much to her.
She's written as a pretty typical "rival/antagonist" sort of character and she pulls it off kinda well.
She's got a petty grudge against Miuzu (obviously about love or somethin') but is decent enough to Hino and her bandmates
She's also like super competitive

Also, like people have opinions on the things that they read and want to comment on them. That's all
I doubt most people give a shit about being in the majority consensus, more likely the opposite
Shiho is clearly being written in a certain way and people are responding to it.

While I disagree on there not being much of Shiho I am happy to see that someone appreciates her as an antagonist. While she is mean and for some people mean enough to be hated and that's only fair she has enough traits that go beyond just being an asshole wich is why I hate her being simplified to one. One can have bad attributes but that doesn't necessarily mean it spoils all the good ones. That's what I hate about simplifying things in general and why I am probably so "long winded" (I notice this myself but still can't really help it but write more than what is probably necessary. I also really appreciate it you not seeing me as an asshole as your comment made me quite happy ^^ )

I also understand why people share their opinions but the hating on her character got really repetitiv and most of the comments didn't even bring up new things to as to why. I try for the most part to ignore that but with a manga that I am invested in and visit the forum multiple times a week it sooner or later gets to me anyway. Also your point regarding people not caring about being in the majority is not something I agree completely but sure enough seems to be true in this case as I in (probably) the minority of people liking her character am defending her right now so I give you that xD

Thank you for the reply tho. Was really happy as it was nicer than I expected the first one to be ^^

joined Sep 11, 2019

Hima brought sweets but Shiho brought 2x the salt

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

Yesss...!
Shiho is doing exactly what we should expect of her to do hehe

And even though at first I got disappointed and thought she was regressing back to her superficial villain mode, thinking back on what we have seen from her, and especially the awesomelygreatsatisfyingspicy reveal of her past last chapter, I realised this wasn't true.
@yuri n wine and @anim8tur have already made a couple of very nice contributions on this subject, to which I'd like to add... Hehe, nice one author

Like I said last chapter, I like where this is going....
I finally like where this is going!

Shiho seriously needed to raise the stakes. And even though her condition is utterly ridiculous and pointless, it aligns with her pettiness perfectly and, well, let's be honest here, it really didn't make sense for her to be in this competition when she had nothing to gain, did it? It's just that, she's a bitter person, so instead of trying to get what she wants, she goes about stealing what other people have/want. She's done it before and she's doing it now. And that's fine, as long as we get a solid conclusion –whatever that may be.

I just hope the author will deliver a nice pay-off after all this.

Edit: Also, what did you expect Hima...? Of course this wouldn't go well!

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 8:29AM

joined Apr 1, 2013

Dammmmn that tension lmfao haha omg shiho is one angry waifu and it seems aki made her that way by not acknowledging her feelings.. bruh Hima confessing omg I was nail biting because the sole reason aki stayed with SS and chose yori was because she had feelings now she sees this lmfao wow the drama is so intense! Now shiho is using hima to target both of them now lol

Img_20190107_054630
joined Jan 26, 2019

I'm not sure what does it accomplish to make Hima become Laureley's manager though ?

last edited at Aug 24, 2021 3:10PM

10350345_10203915261036022_4042905298182130354_n
joined Mar 1, 2015

Shiho is extremely annoying she is the one who left the group due to her saying they are not good enough and here she is being a pain and hating Yori eventhough she didn't do anything wrong.. Yori would be like "What the f*ck did I even do to you?".. It would be a problem if Aki is the one who cast her aside but she is the one who left on her own and now she is being salty.. Anyway aside from Shiho's stupid drama, wondering what is wrong between Hajime and Momo..I think they love each other but there is an obstacle, or maybe some arrange marriage on either of them especially Hajime since she come from a rich family..

TheEternalShade
20230425_150259
joined Aug 25, 2021

I'm not sure what does it accomplish to make Hima become Laureley's manager though ?

I'm confused on that too, but I think she's trying to punish Yori even though Yori didn't do...anything to her, really. Way Shiho sees it, Yori took Aki from from, so she's going to try and "take" Hima from Yori.

If I'm right, it's probably not going to bother Yori all that much (since Yori's not possessively obsessed) and that will likely just become another thorn in Shiho's side.

last edited at Aug 25, 2021 3:38AM

Cool
joined Apr 4, 2021

Can talking / communication solve this?

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

Can talking / communication solve this?

That was Hima's plan this time, but it gets more difficult when one party refuses to communicate. Well, she has now at least promised to talk after the contest.

joined Jan 30, 2021

Just Opinions Btw dont read if you dont want to

All I'm gonna say is that hima is at fault here
My reasons:
1. She didn't respect the privacy of the secret that was given to her
2. She thinks "OH IF I HELP THEM EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!" She clearly thinks she like this god who can sway human emotion
3."All I wanted was for you guys to be friends"
That's what she wanted(selfish)
4.She is not involved in the root of the problem. The best she could have done is to like give advice not force them to make up!!!!!
I'm sorry if I offended anyone but C'MON MAN she is clearly doing something stupid

Ykn1
joined Dec 20, 2018

I'm sorry if I offended anyone but C'MON MAN she is clearly doing something stupid

Oh, don't worry, we all know she screwed up, no matter how good her intentions.

46-75
joined Jun 25, 2019

My reasons:
2. She thinks "OH IF I HELP THEM EVERYTHING WILL BE OKAY!" She clearly thinks she like this god who can sway human emotion
3."All I wanted was for you guys to be friends"
That's what she wanted(selfish)
4.She is not involved in the root of the problem. The best she could have done is to like give advice not force them to make up!!!!!

It's kinda overreacting. EVeryone know the plan was bound to fail but you can't say Hima was doing it for herself. She wantedto help two friends to talk over a problem they had, nothing else. The plan had a lot of flaws yes but it's not like it wans't worth trying.
You made it sound like Hima should have just watch 2 friends of her just being mad at each other and never talk about it without doing anything ? You're not a friend if you don't help your friends making up.At least she try something, it's not her fault one of the two party is too stubborn to talk.

joined Mar 8, 2019

It's kinda overreacting. EVeryone know the plan was bound to fail but you can't say Hima was doing it for herself. She wantedto help two friends to talk over a problem they had, nothing else. The plan had a lot of flaws yes but it's not like it wans't worth trying.
You made it sound like Hima should have just watch 2 friends of her just being mad at each other and never talk about it without doing anything ? You're not a friend if you don't help your friends making up.At least she try something, it's not her fault one of the two party is too stubborn to talk.

It's within her personality to try to help. Sure some of it is because she doesn't like conflict between her friends but I think most of it is because she believes her two kind and talented friends, Aki and Shiho, will be happier if they reconciled. It's not like she's setting them up to feel less guilty for "stealing" Yori away from Aki.

As for Shiho not wanting to talk, well I guess she figures if she does it would be an outright confession? Which is even more embarrassing for her to do now because she'll still get rejected even if Yori's already taken. Or maybe it's because she wants Aki to actually think about why she left. We just know that they fought and Shiho left but I wonder if we'll get a build up to her leaving? I feel like it could add to the narrative... like if Aki unknowingly did something wrong in Shiho's eyes? Maybe that's why she's extra pissed.

Yes they're all a bit immature and this is a romance but they are high schoolers so I expect there may be elements of coming age emotional growth aspects added in.

Untitled
joined Apr 26, 2015

I kind hope the author actually subverts expectation and reveal that Shiho didn't leave the band due to any romantic reason involving Aki. Right now that's the assumption everyone has, but something different would be neat.

On a personal level, still holding out for Shiho x Himari...that chapter cover is just too good and adds too much fuel to the fire.

RadiosAreObsolete
Img_20210321_022239%20(2)
joined Mar 6, 2021

On a personal level, still holding out for Shiho x Himari...that chapter cover is just too good and adds too much fuel to the fire.

I'm pretty sure you can let go of that...
But it's good to dream I guess XD

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

Y'know...I sort of hope this never gets a NSFW doujin or bonus. It just seems too pure to slap any kind of sex appeal on it. At least not without fluffy, romantic context to go with it.

Fishy
joined Oct 19, 2020

How so? She didn't tell anyone, she just acted on what she was told. That's completely fine. Wanting to help your friends is fine, even if you use some insider info to do it.

What she's doing is something mature, that should have solved the issue if what she was told was the actual reason for Shiho leaving. If the problem was that they were aiming for different things, it would have been a misunderstanding at most and not a reason for complete relationship breakdown.

Honestly, at this point, it would have been refreshing if Hima stopped being a martyr for Shiho's sake and just said no, and to talk it out and leave her out of it. It's really hard to empathize with Shiho, let alone like her, when she is being such an insufferable person.

Descarga%20(3)
joined Aug 10, 2015

It's beyond me how people can defend Hima, i get she wants her friends to get along but that's just intrusive, even shiho is mad. I can't stand people that believe they're above all conflict and can solve everyones problems , like dude just let them figure out their problems by themselves . It's fine to give advice but it's annoying when You start meddling in people's problems

Ricowow
joined Dec 23, 2020

It's beyond me how people can defend Hima, i get she wants her friends to get along but that's just intrusive, even shiho is mad. I can't stand people that believe they're above all conflict and can solve everyones problems , like dude just let them figure out their problems by themselves . It's fine to give advice but it's annoying when You start meddling in people's problems

If Shiho had dropped her tough girl facade and told Aki the truth from the start Hima would have never gotten involved in the first place. If anything, the fact that Shiho won't listen to anyone just makes it worse. You can't blame Hima for trying to put out a wildfire - even if she's only using a water balloon.

Shiho thinks that by crushing Aki and her band she can somehow impress the pain she felt onto Aki, but all she's doing is digging her own grave. Her pride is higher than a satellite and she's more stubborn than a mountain - if anything, I wouldn't have done the nice thing Hima did. I'd have just slugged her one.

joined Mar 8, 2019

Some people don't learn that lesson until they're older. Some times they don't learn at all. Keep in mind these are high school girls dealing with overwhelming sensations and a series of firsts. They are inexperienced. It's a period of time that's usually a hot mess of rampant emotions and illogical/impulsive decision making.

To reply you must either login or sign up.