Forum › Mako-chan And The Sea discussion

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Thanks Nosebleed for uploading for me, this is from the August issue of harta and I do not believe that the author has been published anywhere else yet, I cannot see their name in other databases anyway. Big thanks for Lacie for offering to hand draw all the sfx and for tangy for doing the redraws.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Sea

joined Aug 29, 2019

This was nice. Maybe a bit rushed in the latter half, but nice nonetheless.

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

PSA: Do not swallow sea water just because it tastes like pussy.

joined Sep 11, 2019

when you've been called "pussy" your entire childhood that it made you think about it and eventually become gay

Well, it's something I guess. It ain't the best way but...

My_ankle_fell_off
joined Jan 8, 2020

So does this mean they fishy stanky ?¿?

Capy%20white
joined Mar 21, 2019

I don't know why, but "This is dope!" ended up making that panel hilarious to me.

joined Jun 24, 2020

gosh now i cant think of the sea the way i used to anymore

Images%20(5)
joined Apr 25, 2021

lol i was like wtf when she said “bitch your pussy salty af” in the most philosophical way
Guess people like her are ideal sex partner

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Er, so why was she teased and why did she have to tell the teacher how to say her first name? Am i misunderstanding something? Her first name is Mako right- written in katakana - マコ ? That is incredibly straight forward to read even for children. And pussy is omanko from what i remember - オマンコ.

They are calling her that even tho only half the characters are the same and are not even together? It doesnt sound that similar either?

Anyways I liked it tho it was a bit abrupt and a little odd.

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 9:33AM

joined Aug 16, 2017

Er, so why was she teased and why did she have to tell the teacher how to say her first name? Am i misunderstanding something? Her first name is Mako right- written in katakana - マコ ? That is incredibly straight forward to read even for children. And pussy is omanko from what i remember - オマンコ.

They are calling her that even tho only half the characters are the same and are not even together? It doesnt sound that similar either.

I assume the teacher had a freudian slip situation. As for the kids, I think a shy, perhaps mumbling, person could easily unintentionally add a muffled n sound which could start the whole thing.
I also think the o is optional. This was actually a sort of plot point in Ayame 14, where one of the girls' last names is Mankovich

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

They are calling her that even tho only half the characters are the same and are not even together? It doesnt sound that similar either?

Basically Mako as a name isn't normally spelled in katakana, but manko is (the "o" is optional), so it's easier to either misinterpret or make jokes about it. It's the same thing as the Wako/Wanko joke from The Two of Them, since both Wako and wanko are written in hiragana. An English equivalent would be how the number 40, written as "forty", might look a bit like "farty".

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 9:42AM

Yvo0lylulbwzixjblrxj
joined May 12, 2020

I guess you could say she will be sleeping with the fishes...eh?.....eh?

bloodonthewater
Bigj
joined Jul 7, 2021

This art makes me think of that series about a kid who gets transformed into a girl overnight and how they deal with it, just more refined.

EDIT: name of the series is Ore ga Watashi ni Naru made

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 9:52AM

joined Sep 6, 2018

Main character’s Point of view perspectives is well done… hadn’t seen that style in a long time.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

@ Goggled Anon @Kokolie Thanks for the info- I didnt know the O was optional- I just tried it in google translate and it doesnt know the word without the o so im guessing its slang?

Jamal_Williams69
joined May 13, 2018

This is the strangest thing that I have read in a long time

Melty-blood-type-lumina-7
joined Apr 12, 2021

Interesting I guess...

joined Mar 6, 2018

@elevown also keep in mind that kids are terrible and probably have bullied others for less

Sono.hanabira.ni.kuchizuke.o.-.atelier.no.koibito-tachi.full.1462399_avartar
joined May 28, 2015

Love it ! The characters seem real also they are cute. But strangely the last page remind me of Bloodborne, the DLC

Richardevans
joined Jun 1, 2016

A little wacky, but nice. I like the art.

9286787ab50153acb27cd03b385edb3d949d719e0b569799723637ee189d1f4b_1-1
joined Aug 14, 2020

Wholesome and nsfw all at the same time.

271731483_478678657204397_1801763266118199384_n
joined Mar 26, 2021

wanna taste sea too

Covermonster_2
joined Apr 23, 2020

Love it ! The characters seem real also they are cute. But strangely the last page remind me of Bloodborne, the DLC

"Ah, sweet child of Kos returned to the ocean... A bottomless curse, a bottomless sea... Accepting of all that there is... And can be..."

It may be because of that quote, that you hear at the very end of it, good Hunter.

On another note, I definitely liked this one. I was a bit wary of the drama tag, with the tone but I loved the end. Seeing a protagonist finally answers the infamous "I would date you if I was a boy" certainly played a part ahah, but there is something about the... Flavour, if I may, that is leaving an impression on me.
Must be the tide.

I stop my rambling here, all my thanks to the translator and everyone who worked on this !

Don't%20forget%20the%20best%20girl
joined Jul 22, 2018

Oh Manko
Reminds me of Mankobitch from amane 14

To reply you must either login or sign up.