Forum › Posts by Bentoki

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

You should be, it's already been uploaded here, I think?

I searched the artist and series title and couldn't find it, though it may have been spelt differently?

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Sorry

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Glad I am not the only one being reminded of Young Ladies don't play fighting games, though the comparison was not a good one for me. I hate trashtalk, did not like it there, and do not like it here.

"Hey, let's play together - LOL you suck"
That is some LTG - shit right there

All I could think when the two of them were playing was "OK, so the new girl is a really shit drummer then."
Like, if you're drumming to try to make the other instruments disappear, you're DOING IT WRONG.

I dunno, I'm not into this. I mean, ooh, they're subverting a silly old trope that has only been subverted, I dunno, ten million times already. We've long since reached the point where the subversion IS the cliche.

Also this. A band is supposed to be a harmony, not a fight for attention between the members. That can work, especially in rock, but only when all the band members are on the same page that this is what is supposed to be going on.

I am gonna check out the next chapter, mainly because I like the protag, but if the other girl stays that way, I might drop this sooner than later.

She's a kid in a school that is incredicly oppressive, it's probably the first time in her life that she's been able to just let it all out. I think the dynamic is supposed to be that Suzunomiya slowly starts taming Kurogane through their relationship & Suzunomiya goes back to being herself when they are together. Add in parts where she's like "I know the real you", and there might be an arc where the rest of the girls realise that they aren't prim ladies at all, it's a nice dynamic and I don't think it's supposed to be taken seriously, mostly just to get you to recoil in the first chapter.

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Shoutout to pekoe for fixing the chapters, I re-edited volume 1 with volume raws, so it should be a bit nicer to read now.

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Maid is destroying again

https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg649743?track=ct_episode

last edited at May 22, 2022 1:31PM

Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Very pog lettering job

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

wait did they mean benzine or benzene because benzine is a category and benzene is soluble in water (albeit only slightly)
then again this was done with like 5 minutes of google searching so i may be wrong

The raws said ベンジン which is benzine but idk about the chemistry of it, the TL actually translated it as benzene originally but it was caught later because it isn't ベンゼン

last edited at Apr 9, 2022 10:24AM

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Unrelated to the actual content, this is the worst translation job I've seen in a long time. Did they just run the lines through Google Translate and call it a day?

We had somebody who is new to translating translate it, and somebody who is a professional in translating TLC it. What were the TL errors?

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Author of Scarlet and the new series Okiku-san wa Icha Tsukitai if you didn't know, they also did another oneshot for yurinavi that we'll probably get to eventually.

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

It's not even a fight, maid is destroying everyone https://seiga.nicovideo.jp/watch/mg607401?ref=nicoms

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Most of the votes on nicovideo seem to be for #4 lol

Also GDI why does she have to be 12

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Same day release

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

So few panels, so much power. Really liked the art style too, looks kinda western.

Same author with Mousou Telepathy. If you like the style, check it out, it's about 720 one-page chapters (mostly 4-frame and coloured) + extras, and it's hilarious.

She recently started a series called 'Even a Cat's Paw Can Be Useful' too

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Priestess is the Hero's childhood friend, so not sure about that one, as she would know who the Hero is.

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/maou_to_yuri_ch3_1#11

Yeah, that's just something I missed in QC. For clarfication's sake, the Brave's name in Japanese is Yuusha (勇者), which is translated in most series as "Hero" (eg. The Dragon Quest rep in Smash). I initially translated it as "Hero" too before realising how the author translated it and decided to go with Brave, partly to keep it distinct from "Eiyuu" (英雄) which also translates as "hero" but more as a title one receives after saving the world.

I can probably fix that if a mod is willing to fix that one page.

Also, because raws are only accessible in 900px I will likely buy volumes when/if they come out and re-edit in my own time.

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Does the author has Twitter or Pixiv account?? I find their art style cute

This is their Twitter account, it doesn't get updated very often, though: https://twitter.com/shimesu_yoko/
They also drew this manga about peaches: https://kuragebunch.com/episode/10834108156723942451

Thank you so much
It seems like the author likes to relate words/objects/things to the genitals or parts of the body

Not yuri but we scanlated the one-shot
https://helveticascans.com/reader/peach/0/0/

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Sorry for scanlating this

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Alright are y'all gonna fuck or nahh? Because this shit is so fucking boring to me. Either you fuck or you dont but this shit is not remotely interesting to anyone who isnt a virgin. Git gud or peace out imo. No one here to listen to you talk in great detail about how you're a pedophile. If you're gonna fuck someone then shut the fuck up and do it

NO FUCKING

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

RPPuzzle posted:
What does it mean completed and ongoing?

It means that the raw manga is already finished and all published, but the scanlation is still ongoing

Huh, somehow I never knew that, most manga I read completed have an ending. I guess that's just usually down to scantilator speed.

Would be nice if Dynasty has a marker for when a chapter is the last, like a 'finale' tag. it can be tough to know just from the index or your Lists archive. I guess there's issues with that though, since extra chapters sometimes appear.

Was just about to start Kanade-san, thought it was short and done, but I guess we'll get there.

I meannn if it says completed and not ongoing then you will know that it's finished

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

I couldn't find it, I don't even think that their other series "Isekai de Imouto Tenshi to Nani ka Suru" which is an adaption of a LN is on english databases

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

We were thinking of leaving it in or subbing it and explaining it but decided not too, guess that was a mistake

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

the 3rd kanji, by itself is read as “man”
so it’s understandable ppl would read her name as MANKO instead of MAKO
which is why she started using katakana to write her own name instead of the kanji

https://i.imgur.com/2KAu888.png

last edited at Aug 23, 2021 1:51PM

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Er, so why was she teased and why did she have to tell the teacher how to say her first name? Am i misunderstanding something? Her first name is Mako right- written in katakana - マコ ? That is incredibly straight forward to read even for children. And pussy is omanko from what i remember - オマンコ.

They are calling her that even tho only half the characters are the same and are not even together? It doesnt sound that similar either?

Basically Mako as a name isn't normally spelled in katakana, but manko is (the "o" is optional), so it's easier to either misinterpret or make jokes about it. It's the same thing as the Wako/Wanko joke from The Two of Them, since both Wako and wanko are written in hiragana. An English equivalent would be how the number 40, written as "forty", might look a bit like "farty".

We never see her name spelled in the story, but is it possible that the original was actually Makko (マッコ)? That would make the transition to マンコ much more obvious, especially when hand-written.

https://i.imgur.com/S6ymVUu.png

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

Thanks Nosebleed for uploading for me, this is from the August issue of harta and I do not believe that the author has been published anywhere else yet, I cannot see their name in other databases anyway. Big thanks for Lacie for offering to hand draw all the sfx and for tangy for doing the redraws.

Bentoki Uploader
Vgz0nqk
Helvetica Scans
joined Jul 20, 2021

So, uhhh... I just wanted to mention that the link at the end of chapter 1 to chapter 2 might be broken

It works for me