Forum › Be Careful, Onee-san (Serialization) discussion

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

Not the kind of onee-loli I want, but still very cute anyway...

alexisomorphic
joined Nov 9, 2019

10 years old with DD's? Come on, that's something you find in hentai. I'm all for the suspension of disbelief, but this is ridiculous. Less than 1% of women in the US have D cups or bigger, and we're expected to believe that a preteen girl has bigger bazongas than the average adult female?

What. I mean I didn't bother looking into it more but literally googling "what is the average cup size in US" gives 34DD. Probably not 100% accurate but I'm definitely not willing to believe "less than 1% of women in the US have D or bigger", like D is not absurdly big or anything.

As for the characters in the manga, it's clearly trying to present extremes. Is a girl who looks like that at age 10 likely? No. Is a girl that looks like that at age 10 physically possible? Probably. Have you really never met a girl that hit puberty earlier than everyone else? It doesn't seem like the biggest stretch to me.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^ Yup girls looking like her at 10-12 sure do exist- its pretty rare though so its not being totally outside the realm of possibility.

The main thing i wonder about is how she sometimes comes across as super adult like flirty/seducitve. Is she meant to be deliberately knowingly being flirty? How does she know how to? Is it accidental? Or is it all in the other womans head?

@ Goggled Anon Cool to know- makes it more fun to read if we getting all new chapters now. I wonder what was wrong with the existing ones tho- did they need toning down or making more comedic or maybe even more ecchi? depends what kinda magazine its being serialized in i guess. p.s Thanks for working on this :)

@SystemeD972 We have met her school friends and seen her wearing her randoseru etc. Unless she has little kids in on it helping out etc and somehow isnt getting pulled up for being with their swim class, She also smiles and poses at times in ways no adult would. given. At least in the twitter story im confident she is 10 - maybe this version will be different though.

last edited at Aug 13, 2021 10:23AM

Unnamed
joined Jul 23, 2017

I'm really wondering is the younger one is intentionally giving that aura

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

@ Goggled Anon Cool to know- makes it more fun to read if we getting all new chapters now. I wonder what was wrong with the existing ones tho- did they need toning down or making more comedic or maybe even more ecchi? depends what kinda magazine its being serialized in i guess. p.s Thanks for working on this :)

In the afterword for vol 1, the author plugs the twitter stuff as "irregular updates containing content not featured in the serialization". Basically short side-stories to the main series rather than a seperate canon.

White%20rose%20index
joined Aug 16, 2018

You all, there's plenty of manga out there with assertive lolis who go after adults in a sexy way. Ever read Itou Hachi? In one of her furry-verse stories the loli is a lion furry and the adult woman is a sheep furry, so naturally they end up like this and of course onee-san is incapable of resisting the dominance of the superior predator, lol.

There's also Yuru Oyako by Taiyaki and lots more. This manga is fundamentally the same thing... except that the age/looks quotient of the mcs is reversed: onee-san looks like a loli, and the loli looks like a curvaceous goddess with a sexbomb body.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Mc: I'm going to jail!!

joined Aug 6, 2021

Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

Akari-mizunashi-transparent%203
joined Oct 10, 2014

I don't really care about realistic age-body proportions, but I will say that if the mangaka wished to be more realistic they could have made the adult woman significantly shorter than 148cm and the child about 140cm rather than 170cm, which I believe is very tall even for an adult Japanese woman.

last edited at Aug 13, 2021 7:30PM

Utenaanthy01
joined Aug 4, 2018

I don't really care about realistic age-body proportions, but I will say that if the mangaka wished to be more realistic they could have made the adult woman significantly shorter than 148cm and the child about 140cm rather than 170cm, which I believe is very tall even for an adult Japanese woman.

I guess the mangaka didn't wish to be more realistic? ¯⧵_(ツ)_/¯

joined Jul 26, 2016

...I'm passably sure you just contradicted yourself pretty blatantly in a single sentence.

4dcd5e922a6b20d034126d7ff75583f91490791092_large
joined Jan 18, 2016

onee-loli with a twist, i like it

Img_0215
joined Jul 29, 2017

10 years old with DD's? Come on, that's something you find in hentai. I'm all for the suspension of disbelief, but this is ridiculous. Less than 1% of women in the US have D cups or bigger, and we're expected to believe that a preteen girl has bigger bazongas than the average adult female?

What. I mean I didn't bother looking into it more but literally googling "what is the average cup size in US" gives 34DD. Probably not 100% accurate but I'm definitely not willing to believe "less than 1% of women in the US have D or bigger", like D is not absurdly big or anything.

As for the characters in the manga, it's clearly trying to present extremes. Is a girl who looks like that at age 10 likely? No. Is a girl that looks like that at age 10 physically possible? Probably. Have you really never met a girl that hit puberty earlier than everyone else? It doesn't seem like the biggest stretch to me.

I thought every romance manga reader knew that Japanese and US bra sizes are not at all the same. You can find a bunch of conversion charts online that go into the nuances of how the several measurements (band size, cup size) differ, but some of them at least equate a Japanese D size with a USA C size.

joined Jul 26, 2016

I thought every romance manga reader knew that Japanese and US bra sizes are not at all the same. You can find a bunch of conversion charts online that go into the nuances of how the several measurements (band size, cup size) differ, but some of them at least equate a Japanese D size with a USA C size.

I once read the Wikipedia article on bra sizes. Got a mild headache.

International standardisation? Nope, this industry hasn't heard of that.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

^To be fair there is no consistancy even within a country for any clothes. At least here in the uk- any clothing size for one brand might be 1 or 2 sizes different to another brands.

Thankfully most online shops give you an actual measurement chart for the sizes too.

last edited at Aug 14, 2021 2:52PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The biggest stretch for me is the displayed maturity of the grade schooler.

Ever been around a 10 years old? I've never seen one doing schlafzimmerblick at an adult.

LittleWhiteHerz
Kohanenomintense2
joined Jul 21, 2020

I can't physically imagine a childish voice for that g-grade schooler. Even calling her a grade schooler is painful. lol

joined Jul 26, 2016

I can't physically imagine a childish voice for that g-grade schooler.

Not seeing why you would need to in the first place...

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

The biggest stretch for me is the displayed maturity of the grade schooler.

Ever been around a 10 years old? I've never seen one doing schlafzimmerblick at an adult.

I think it's pretty likely that it's a symptom of the viewpoint character presenting an unreliable narration and it's all actually innocent from any other perspective.

Screenshot_3
joined Jun 24, 2021

10 YEARS OLD!?!

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Everyone needs to stop being so shocked that bodies and minds aren't maturing in lockstep; I'm sure you've all met adults that never grew out of being stupid kids. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Here's an article from 2009 (that's twelve years ago), about this topic: http://gaylesulik.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/falling-age-of-puberty.pdf

A bit from 2012: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3383190/

Another from 2018: https://vitalrecord.tamhsc.edu/decreasing-age-puberty/

last edited at Aug 17, 2021 10:48AM

Tumblr_lhn2y5j5rz1qbc0x9
joined Jul 26, 2013

Just going to...mentally ignore her age....and continue reading kek

joined May 9, 2021

Go directly to jail. Do not pass GO. Do not collect $200.

I laughed at this more than I should’ve

joined Dec 5, 2018

That girl has a hormone problem if she looks like that when she only 10 years old. Not good at all, she not even teen yet, where she gets all that hormone to develop those bazooka.

joined Dec 5, 2018

modern food is messing with our kids' body, they have puberty too early these days

last edited at Aug 18, 2021 8:28AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.